Page 164 of 208 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3116
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't know if the killer is a mystery, but having not seen the movie, the prequel title ruins the plot.
    It's pretty obvious that killer is going to be either one or both of two people. The fun/suspense comes from seeing how it unfolds in a "plausible" way.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that killer is going to be either one or both of two people. The fun/suspense comes from seeing how it unfolds in a "plausible" way.
    I can see it on showtime/prime.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Since it came up, the prequel is the second film in a trilogy.

One other thing about it...

They didn't just make the prequel.

Both films were shot at the same time because the odds of getting the sets right a second time were not exactly good.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since it came up, the prequel is the second film in a trilogy.
    The third film I guess is going to be set in the 80's. Which seems a little to...easy? I would like to see them pick up with this world closer to present times, or least the mid-late 90's.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I saw Maleficent with Angelina Jolie that was on the boob tube. I think I liked it better than RT which is odd because I kind of rolled my eyes when I first heard about it. The acting was great by the 2 female leads and I enjoyed the look of the film. The ending had a nice message. Though, it's fantasy and not realism. Keeping in mind it's just a movie.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-08-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Me time- Kevin Hart and Marky Mark. Hart playing the Al Bundy type role is interesting. But when did poop and vomit become funny? Like seems like Hart is fixated on this stuff. I remember when he was just funny telling jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I saw Maleficent with Angelina Jolie that was on the boob tube. I think I liked it better than RT which is odd because I kind of rolled my eyes when I first heard about it. The acting was great by the 2 female leads and I enjoyed the look of the film. The ending had a nice message. Though, it's fantasy and not realism. Keeping in mind it's just a movie.
    I saw that one on the standard TV too and was pleasantly surprised. Low expectations might of helped, but found it a good version of the modern trope that the bad guy isn't all that bad.

I thought both Maleficent movies were good. Better than most of the other Disney remakes. Though not a true remake.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Re: Maleficent: Definitely a pleasant surprise. I didn't see the second one as they were showing that one right after the first. Unfortunately, I was tired. I'll keep what you said in mind about the sequel.

Now on to the next movie I saw.

Halloween (2018): Having loved the original I decided to give it a try. It seems to ignore the movies in between. I wasn't scared during the film like the original. Either that's my age or it wasn't doing its thing. It could have been a worse film. Nothing for anyone to be embarrassed about IMHO.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-10-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

The 3D theater reissue of Avatar. I missed it the first time around for whatever reasons (I picked up moviegoing again as a major hobby with a vengeance only in later years) but I see why it made such a big splash the first time. Nice of them to include The Way of Water footage, even if it was not particularly hype worthy.

Wazir (2016)

Good thriller.

Astonishing Member

Sonic 2: Felt like the first one. Mildly amusing.

Top Gun: In preparation to Maverick. Oh I forgot how cheesy it was. But kinda fun.

Ambulance: Boring

House of Gucci: Loved it

Elvis: Had the feeling it was missing something. Overall solid.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

Top Gun: In preparation to Maverick. Oh I forgot how cheesy it was. But kinda fun.

I found this oldish film quite enlightening about production. It was quite clear that the film and each scene was completely storyboarded out in some fashion. Lean and no messing about. Everything had a purpose. Made me consider about the cost of film, getting the rushes back to view and the need to know and plan what you're doing.
    Nowadays it's all digital. Shoot, shoot, shoot, and keep shooting, try many different variations, a general plot idea to start with is good enough. And you can view the results immediately. Chop and edit with the notion to different variations done on the fly. More freedom, but too often ending up with a bloated overlong mess.