Page 167 of 208 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3111
    Invincible Member

The Outsider ( 2018). An OK-ish crime drama starring Jared Leto of all people. Leto is an american ex-soldier who ends up becoming a member of the Yakuza after WW2. Maybe 2 and half stars out of five.

Del Toro's Pinocchio, beautiful rendition of this story. Amazing stop motion.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Good Will Hunting (1998).

It holds up.

Astonishing Member

Willow.

I tried it for the first time. As a kid I saw maybe half the movie or some parts of it. Awful movie. I couldn't stand it and switched it off after 40 minutes or so.

Escape from New York

I am also a first time watcher with this one. Typical 80is action movie. I don't know about the cult following of this movie. But okay....

Extraordinary Member

Violent Night-If Die Hard was a Christmas movie this would be it. Thumbs up.

As good as dead-Michael Jai white continues his reign as King of the B-movie Action flicks.

Dune (1984). The Lynch version. I'm not supposed to like this version, but I do. More now than when I first saw it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Glass Onion (2022).

It's great and I'm looking forward to the next one.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-28-2022 at 05:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Violent Night-If Die Hard was a Christmas movie this would be it. Thumbs up.

As good as dead-Michael Jai white continues his reign as King of the B-movie Action flicks.
    It's funny because debate about the Christmas-ness of Die Hard has gotten downright scientific over the years, and Violent Night is in on the joke.

Astonishing Member

Glass Onion

Even better then the first part. Great cast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    It's funny because debate about the Christmas-ness of Die Hard has gotten downright scientific over the years, and Violent Night is in on the joke.
    Oh yeah they're def in on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Glass Onion (2022).

It's great and I'm looking forward to the next one.
    I guess it's getting good buzz, but I found it disappointing in comparison to the original. It was okay -- worth watching, but most of the characters weren't as interesting to watch.

Glass Onion Liked the beginning and middle, but It got a little silly towards the end. I haven't seen the one before it, so the detective maybe more fleshed out than in this. As I experienced it, he seemed a little cardboard cutout. An updated Poirot, but without the foibles or manifestations of taste beyond looking like old money on holiday from the 1950's.* The energy source seemed implausible, because it was a solid matter consumable but appeared to function as though like a Tesla device requiring it to be present directly on site and applied object. The bad guy was too stupid to come up the ranks by himself, but also a controlling mastermind. I suppose it was OK over all.

*Thus the updated Hercule Poirot. Poirot dressed as though he was still living in the late Belle Epoque, but was actually active between the wars of the twentieth

Strange World. It was indeed "strange". It's something that scifi and fantasy fans can follow, but I think the whole concept was a little to hard for the general public, and especially for younger viewers.
    That said, the world they created is about the most imaginative thing I have seen in a movie this side of Avatar.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Knives Out If working on even more antique tropes, still a superior beast to the cartoonish sequel. Benoit Blanc is here a figure of mystery, but a more filled out character than in Glass Onion all the same. Indeed all the cast members seem more rounded out. The flashbacks feel more organic. The location is more crusty than Glass Onion, but I rather like Chris Evan's character's mid-century-modern taste. There are a few nit picks, but really too minor to list. I find it hard to believe this was by the same guy who did that terrible Star Wars film (which one you might ask.) but I guess here, he was working to his strengths.

Extraordinary Member

Glass Onion- Starts very slow and lots of exposition. This probably could've been 2 movies but I doubt there would be enough interest. I thought the 1st one was better. Nice to see Monae tho.