Page 169 of 208 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3111

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension - same producers as Back to the Future, which borrowed some of its visual ideas from this earlier film. Otherwise, its got that signature 80s vibe going.

Still laugh every time someone calls Christopher Lloyd John "big booty" and still don't know what the watermelon was all about.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-15-2023 at 11:55 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

The Northman- Wow, that was bad.

The pale blue eyes- Boring as hell

The Menu---Loved it. It was totally a Black Mirror/Twilight Zone episode. DOne so well. Great acting, good script. Not sure if the cooking aspects was on point but a great look at the human psyche and society in general.
    Loved it...

Invincible Member

In A Lonely Place (1950) directed by Nicolas Ray. Three stars for the chemistry between Bogart and Grahame. The "resolution" of the mystery was disappointing.

Watching phase 1 movies to celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Avengers (I'm kinda late, I know), I just finished the event flick.
    Man... the characters of Thor and Loki were quite serious before Taika Waititi took over the reigns of directing Thor flicks and making them a pair of goofballs, especially Loki.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Jurassic World Dominion. I would say they have gotten the dinosaur FX down to a tee. And the action was well done. But man, was that one stupid movie. Not just the plot, not getting the basics of paleontology wrong. They get general animal behavior wrong.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The Northman- Wow, that was bad.
    After all the recommendation and praise that this movie got I was livid after watching it lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After all the recommendation and praise that this movie got I was livid after watching it lol!
    I had hopes that it would be as good as the Vikings show, but nah...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Tar.

WTF?

How is this getting all the awards?

What's the movie equivalent of LitFic?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Violent Night

Emphasis on VIOLENT. Very odd combination of "feel good kid movie" and graphic gory violence.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Samaritan
    Grade: B

This Amazon Prime film with Sylvester Stallone was enjoyable. The first two acts of the film have much smaller action sequences which becomes clear they were saving the budget for the final 20 minutes. It was a fairly straight type film that you'd expect. I was a bit lulled by the simplicity and just got caught off guard when spoilers:
    it was revealed "Samaritan" was actually the bad guy "Nemesis"
    end of spoilers. The de-aging sequence on Stallone for that one flashback scene was believable as well.

I would watch another.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Samaritan
    Grade: B

This Amazon Prime film with Sylvester Stallone was enjoyable. The first two acts of the film have much smaller action sequences which becomes clear they were saving the budget for the final 20 minutes. It was a fairly straight type film that you'd expect. I was a bit lulled by the simplicity and just got caught off guard when spoilers:
    it was revealed "Samaritan" was actually the bad guy "Nemesis"
    end of spoilers. The de-aging sequence on Stallone for that one flashback scene was believable as well.

I would watch another.
    Yeah I'll give it to Stallone. The guy is still doing some of his best work (Tulsa King) and putting out good entertainment. While men half his age are stagnate.

Astonishing Member

Gerard Butler's Plane. Not extraordinary but a pretty good action movie, rarely boring, it balanced Butler's everyman action hero with a convict with a heart of gold co-star and even surprised me making sure the corporate authorities in charge of saving everyone were actually useful and important to the plot as well and not entirely corrupt/incompetent.

Amsterdam, a very good movie with outstanding performances. Maybe it just wasn't what the audience expected.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Haider (2014) A loose adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet set in 1995 Kashmir.

It still rules as a film and worth a watch.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2023 at 09:36 PM.