Page 173 of 208 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3111
    Astonishing Member

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

While amusing, it felt like it was too tame on the meta aspect. They could have gone ballistic with it, but choose the safer way.

Everything, Everywhere at Once.

Couldn't stand it. Switched it off after half an hour. Very unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

While amusing, it felt like it was too tame on the meta aspect. They could have gone ballistic with it, but choose the safer way.

Everything, Everywhere at Once.

Couldn't stand it. Switched it off after half an hour. Very unnerving.
    Loved both.
    UWMT was just fun all they way through with Cage and Pascal a great team.
    EEAAO was brilliant, with Yoh giving an Oscar worthy performance.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-28-2023 at 10:29 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old---I am a fan of M. Night Shyamalan and realize he made some clunkers before, but this is not one of them. INteresting premise where a group of people on a tropical get away end up on a beach where they somehow are aged dramatically over the 24 hours they are there.
    The aging also accelerates any health issues they may have. Somehow the beach keeps them on the beach as every time they try to escape they pass out and end up back on the beach.
    Cancers, puberty, dementia, and various other health issues are accelerated creating some difficult choices and ingenious solutions.
    As typical there is a whole swerve at the end, which, in this case, makes sense and adds to the whole "Oh! Now I get it". And doesn't leave your scratching your head as to what just happened, as in some of his previous films.
    Overall it was an entertaining 90 minutes or so and I recommend it.
    7 out of 10. Above average and entertaining.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Loved both.
    UWMT was just fun all they way through with Cage and Pascal a great team.
    EEAAO was brilliant, with Yoh giving an Oscar worthy performance.
    Oh no, Yeoh stressed me out, lol. Usually I like her.

Morbius---5 out of 10. I watched it via Sony Bravia Core, so it looked and sounded amazing, I just hope the neighbor downstairs liked the way it sounded too.
    It's not a Spider-Man Morbius that I watched, which really sticks, but it was a Meh adaptation. Storyline was VERY cliche, but it is based on a Comic so that is normal. Acting didn't stand out to me. Not good and not bad so I guess that is a plus. Throwing in Vulture at the end seemed random unless they do something with it.
    I am not sure why but Sony REALLY makes some bad comic book movies. So much history and they want to rewrite everything and make a lot of it worse.

Invincible Member

Gorky Park ( 1983 ) starring William Hurt, Lee Marvin, and Brian Dennehy. Two Stars. I liked the plot, but a lot of the dialogue came off stiff. And isn't this movie mostly set in Moscow...? What's with all the British accents?

Lawrence of Arabia

Long sit...kind of tiring towards the end...but well worthy of its reputation. Gorgeously shot and great acting. I was surprised by how ambiguous it was in regard to whether Lawrence really did any good or not. He achieved some impressive victories, but ultimately he was a man involving himself with a culture that wasn't his own and falling tragically short of his goals, however noble. Not the kind of ambiguity I might've expected from a movie made in the early sixties...where brown-face was still an accepted practice no less.

Extraordinary Member

Creed 3 def lives up to the hype. Jonathan Majors and Micheal B Jordan these guys have "it" in spades. Hope to see them work together again. Maybe a remake of Face-Off that would be cool

Kuttey (2023)

It's a wild ride.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-16-2023 at 07:51 PM.

Last night I watched the documentary John Waite: The Hard Way. Pretty interesting film about the singer during lockdown.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

movies i watched this weekend

Planet of Dinosaurs
    Sadako vs Kayako that's on Shudder

and later today or tonight im watching the old 1980s The Initiation on Tubi. it has a young Daphne Zuniga and good old Clu Gulager

Incredible Member

Just watched The Jungle Book 2.

It was pretty good, but honestly I can't see it becoming a top favourite. Nothing wrong with it, it just lacked that certain special quality.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

I have no idea what I expected going in, but it was.....not that.

League of Super Pets. It was not bad...I laughed at spots and my GF's daughter asked what I was laughing at, she is 7...Glad they had some stuff that went over kids heads...