Page 175 of 208 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3111
    Astonishing Member

Black Adam

Entertaining, but the bad CGI and the constant slow motion scenes are killing my enjoyment.

And I remember Hawkman as a bad ass soldier. Here he comes over as a Superman type of guy, where he has to safe every life, even if its his opponent. And they wasted the JSA. All in all, not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Black Adam

Entertaining, but the bad CGI and the constant slow motion scenes are killing my enjoyment.

And I remember Hawkman as a bad ass soldier. Here he comes over as a Superman type of guy, where he has to safe every life, even if its his opponent. And they wasted the JSA. All in all, not so good.
    Worse than not so good. The JSA is protecting a terrorist State that is about to export a super weapon in the name of "Global Order". The movie was ridiculous.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

movies Im watching currently

Tubi
    -Joe Versus the Volcano
    -Death Becomes Her
    -Heavenly Kid

DVD, blu ray
    -Dragonslayer
    -The Shining
    -Doctor Sleep
    -The Kindred

Astonishing Member

Hellraiser 2022

Every reboot or remake of the 80´s slasher movies, if its Freddy, Jason, Leprechaun, Chucky, Hellraiser etc, is soulless crap. Hellraiser 2022 makes no exception.

Astonishing Member

Renfield.

I loved it, it's not perfect (even if I thought when Renfield fought the video game boss character dressed in a slasher maniac mask and suit with a bodybuilder body and an inhuman voice to go for it was perfect, complete with over the top voice work), and I see it will be a financial disaster for Universal but I'm glad this was made. Nic Cage, Nic Hoult and Awkwafina were great and I felt this was the kind of movie to tide over until we wet another Deadpool flick.

Plus this movie had the most bloody/weird/badass round kick scene I remember seeing.

The Pianist. Its about the Warsaw occupation by the Nazis during WWII, told from the perspective of a Jewish pianist, Władysław Szpilman.

It was great movie, and one that manages to tell quite a bit of story while not feeling bloated or becoming overly heavy. Still quite sad, especially the scenes with Szpilman's family (they perished, he was the only surviving member). Very moving, and memorably told and filmed. The star, Adrien Brody, won best actor and the movie won several other accolades.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Maarrriooo!-Great fun, masterwork of a popcorn movie.

Ali Wong latest standup on netflix. Never knew she was so funny that intro on bj's is killer.

Sakra-Donnie Yen-If you're into martial arts/kung fu movies: Then you need this in your life playa. Thumbs up.

Astonishing Member

Nope by Jordan Peele

You can't make that **** up. Crazy movie. I love it.

Invincible Member

Thief 1981 directed by Michael Mann. Great performances. Great direction. Great cinematography. Mostly great music. In a way it fits in with that old film trope of the ex-con who wants to pull one last job then retire and things go wrong. But in no way does it feel cliched. The only "flaw" is that the music during the climax by Tangerine Dream sounds a lot like the end of "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd...but I like that song, so not a real problem.

Love Thief, everybody was good in it, even Jim Belushi.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Megan. I wanted to like it, it seems popular, but I feel the film was all over the place in its message and the acting was bad. I thought this was sci-fi horror but it wasn't very scary.

I watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens tonight.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

GotG3—It was a blast of a movie. So much fun when it wasn’t dark. Loved it.
    8 out of 10.

Super Mario—-Hit all the right notes (literally) and another fun movie. My GF’s daughter loved it. My GF liked it and I liked it. 7 out of 10.

GotG3 - Great flick. Saw it in 3D, I highly recommend doing that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The Fog - The original. I've seen it already, though.