Page 180 of 208 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3111

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Rabid 1977 directed by David Cronenberg and starring Marilyn Chambers. A woman develops a taste for blood as a side effect from an experimental skin graft operation. Most of her victims live but are then infected and spread the disease to others. Eventually the whole country is overtaken by this plague.

The movie is more interesting as an early film of Cronenberg and artifact of the mid-70's thrillers than being actually good. Chambers was a popular adult film star and was trying to break into mainstream movies at the time. Her acting chops aren't super great, but the same can be said of most of the cast. And a few scenes at that are supposed to jump scares come off as unintentionally comedic.
    I remember bits of this movie from when I was a kid. I seem to recall she had some sort of stinger or tentacle in her armpit that would stab people and drink their blood? Could be misremembering that tho.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I remember bits of this movie from when I was a kid. I seem to recall she had some sort of stinger or tentacle in her armpit that would stab people and drink their blood? Could be misremembering that tho.
    That's it exactly!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Saw Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny and the Flash movie.

Indy was a fun romp.

Flash was okay. It was better than I expected, though I found this take on Flash very, very, very annoying. I'm not a DC fan, so I'm not that invested in. I did enjoy Keaton. spoilers:
    And the Nick Cage cameo was a fun surprise.
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Time Cop (1994) - Time policeman fights to stop a time-traveling conspiracy to get a senator elected president. Jean-Claude Van Damme's best movie. The premise of time travel that is policed is nothing new, but there is a certain frank acceptance of it and "show rather than tell" simplicity to the plot here that makes the movie very watchable and entertaining, even after all this time.

M3GAN (2023) - Girl whose parents are killed goes to live with her aunt and gets a protective robot friend that takes its job way too seriously. Much more entertaining than I was expecting and Violet McGraw (the girl) is really the heart and soul of the film, followed closely by M3GAN herself. And the mom/sister does a decent job as well. The violence by the android was surprisingly toned down and goreless, which allowed lots of the characters time to breath. But somehow the movie never became boring. Nice job on this movie, I'd like a sequel. M3GAN takes Manhattan! M3GAN 2 Electric Bugaloo!

Beyond the Time Barrier (1960) - Film about a test pilot who accidentally travels from 1960 to 2024 and finds the world devastated by a plague. Kind of an unknown classic, mainly because of its influence on a lot of much better scifi of the 1960s and 1970s, including Planet of the Apes, Star Trek and Star Wars. Is there anything Lucas did not borrow from? The movie is a hoot whose ending appealed to me in the same way as Escape from the Planet of the Apes does, in its apocalyptic hopelessness. Worth watching just so you can look at all the nice little Easter Eggs that ended up in other films across the years.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-02-2023 at 02:10 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Decent thriller with a ripped from the headlines feel.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-02-2023 at 08:44 PM.

Just finished watching "Sex & Fury" (1973)

I also watched the following Kung-Fu films the previous week
    "Sleeping Fist"
    "Master of Death"
    "10 Magnificent Killers"
    "Operation Scorpio"
    "Mystery of Chessboxing"

Secret of my Success (1987) - Kansas boy (Michael J. Fox) goes to New York to make it in business. Like when I first saw it, I found it ok but also cringy. With the mediocrity of this movie and the others he did right after BttF, I can see why MJF would be happy later to return to the BttF franchise.

Flash (2023) - I am glad to have spent my time and money on this in the theatre, it was well worth it.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-03-2023 at 11:18 PM.

Tentacles (1978) watching at 3 in the morning when i couldn't sleep. With three Academy award winners in the cast, might possibly be the worst movie ever made.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Chocolate 2008 starring Yanin Vismitananda. Martial arts film about the "autistic" daughter of former female crime enforcer. The mom gets cancer and the daughter and her foster brother visit former clients of the mom to collect money to aid in her care. Violence and high-jinx ensue. There were a few decent fight scenes but over all, the film was ok at best. Maybe two stars.

Flags of our Fathers (2006) - Having read the book previously, I saw this was available on Prime so gave it a watch. Depressing 4th of July movie, but also sobering. If the movie does nothing else, it shows the pure trauma and tragedy of war and how every battle is an insane and brutal matter for every single soldier participating, both at the time and for the rest of their lives. Why don't we do ourselves a favor and just stop war.

McFarland, USA, pretty good movie. Typical down on your luck coach taking the last job available and making a winning team in a run down school. etc. It's a feel good movie and it made me feel good. If you want a lift me up movie that is based on real life in McFarland, then check it out. It's on Disney+

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Took time away from C-Dramas to watch my usual July 4th movie ... 1776. LOVE this musical.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

"Lust stories 2" on Netflix.

An anthology of 4 seperate stories centered around the theme of lust.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-07-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    M3GAN (2023) - Girl whose parents are killed goes to live with her aunt and gets a protective robot friend that takes its job way too seriously. Much more entertaining than I was expecting and Violet McGraw (the girl) is really the heart and soul of the film, followed closely by M3GAN herself. And the mom/sister does a decent job as well. The violence by the android was surprisingly toned down and goreless, which allowed lots of the characters time to breath. But somehow the movie never became boring. Nice job on this movie, I'd like a sequel. M3GAN takes Manhattan! M3GAN 2 Electric Bugaloo!
    We're in luck because that movie was so successful a sequel is not only announced and named (M3gan 2.0) but also dated for January 2025 which is more than quick enough. And because the studio seems to really understand what worked about it, the sequel is so far confirmed to keep much of what people like about the first one, like the Violet McGraw and Allison Williams (the aunt) characters, and what might be flying under the radar for many people is that the screenwriter for M3gan (Akela Cooper) is also returning.

Cooper for horror movies is a rising pro, she not only worked in Hell Fest (one of my favorite original slasher movies in recent years), or Malignant (which like M3gan was another original horror movie with comedic or weird elements but a LOT more violent, and also a collaboration with industry veteran James Wan who also made M3gan with her), but she also scripted the Conjuring Universe Nun sequel out later this year. If everything goes right I expect a Barbie-level (but for horror) marketing onslaught by the time the M3gan sequel comes out.
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-07-2023 at 10:08 PM.