Page 181 of 208 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3116

Finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 today. It was pretty good. Better than #2 but behind the first movie.

I loved finally getting the full back story about Rocket.

But the High Evolutionary was kind of a lame ass villain. And the way they used Warlock seemed to be a waste as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    We're in luck because that movie was so successful a sequel is not only announced and named (M3gan 2.0) but also dated for January 2025 which is more than quick enough. And because the studio seems to really understand what worked about it, the sequel is so far confirmed to keep much of what people like about the first one, like the Violet McGraw and Allison Williams (the aunt) characters, and what might be flying under the radar for many people is that the screenwriter for M3gan (Akela Cooper) is also returning.

Cooper for horror movies is a rising pro, she not only worked in Hell Fest (one of my favorite original slasher movies in recent years), or Malignant (which like M3gan was another original horror movie with comedic or weird elements but a LOT more violent, and also a collaboration with industry veteran James Wan who also made M3gan with her), but she also scripted the Conjuring Universe Nun sequel out later this year. If everything goes right I expect a Barbie-level (but for horror) marketing onslaught by the time the M3gan sequel comes out.
    All good news! The filmmakers absolutely left themselves many ways forward, so I wonder if they had this planned all along. Very interested to see which direction they go with the sequel.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

rewatching Nightmare on Elm street 2 to New Nightmare. Dunno why im rewatching them since ive seen them a gazillion times but it has been a long time since i even saw New Nightmare actually.

going to be watching New Nightmare with the commentary track on sometime this week

65 a bad movie I enjoyed watching.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

John Wick 4, they went all in. Pretty damn good.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Time Cop (1994) - Time policeman fights to stop a time-traveling conspiracy to get a senator elected president. Jean-Claude Van Damme's best movie. The premise of time travel that is policed is nothing new, but there is a certain frank acceptance of it and "show rather than tell" simplicity to the plot here that makes the movie very watchable and entertaining, even after all this time.
    I really like this film also. Saw it when it came out and several times since but not in 20 years. This would've been or had the makings to be a solid franchise saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 today......And the way they used Warlock seemed to be a waste as well.
    The way they utilized Warlock is my biggest ding against the film. Any cosmic character could've filled that spot the way they wrote it, probably made more sense. Starfox or Jack of Hearts easily instead of Warlock.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    65 a bad movie I enjoyed watching.
    Yeah, I watched it Saturday and it was OK, but I was tired of only seeing the Meat Eating Dinos. The one Herbivore got eaten pretty quick...Overall it was a good waste of time, but nothing to get excited about...

Extraordinary Member

Spiderverse 2-Wow. Way better than expected.

MI 1 through MI 4. Going to finish the last two over the next couple of nights.

So far, Ghost Protocol is the best, followed by MI 3, then MI 1 and in last place MI 2.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Invincible Member

Emily The Criminal (2022) written and directed by John Patton Ford and starring Aubrey Plaza. I really enjoyed it. It's drama with dark humor about a young woman with overwhelming student debt and a felony record who finds herself getting involved in a fraud ring. She seems to be right on the line of having more legit opportunities and falling deeper into the underworld. Tight script and well acted by all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Emily The Criminal (2022) written and directed by John Patton Ford and starring Aubrey Plaza. I really enjoyed it. It's drama with dark humor about a young woman with overwhelming student debt and a felony record who finds herself getting involved in a fraud ring. She seems to be right on the line of having more legit opportunities and falling deeper into the underworld. Tight script and well acted by all involved.
    Saw it some months ago. I agree with your critique.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Grade: B/B+

*****some spoilers*****
    I thoroughly enjoyed this last(?) outing by Professor Jones. It seems they are aware that fandom has been wanting a Spear of Destiny mcguffin and they paid lipservice to that in the lengthy opening sequence in the first act. I was amazed how long that sequence was and how good the close ups of a de-aged Harrison Ford were. No doubt that was a significant part of the F/X and CGI budget.

It took me the whole film to warm up to Helena Shaw. She was not written as instantly likeable. She is essentially a Belloq-lite for all intents. She also has her very own Short Round. The Retirement Party in-universe is clearly to mirror this as the films swan song for the franchise. Although many thought that about 'Last Crusade'. Since the Spear of Destiny we see is a fake, the real one must still be out there. The fake created by someone who has the actual artifact perhaps.

The Dial itself is an interesting mcguffin, I'll have to look it up later, is that a legend/myth in its own right? If one did not like aliens in this franchise it is not likely you're going to like time travel either. For me I have no issue with that. As part of the historical record known and suspected it is likely at least there are lost technologies out there in antiquities.

I enjoyed that the film included Sallah and his grandchildren as well as the Marion cameo at the end. I wish they hadn't written Henry Jones III as they did. Any offscreen death, even in the manner it is implied could still be reversed through some creative storytelling.

I'm not going to parse each moment of the film. I enjoyed it. The throwbacks, the familiarity, the new era and the awe. I will probably even like this more on repeat viewings.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Surrounded-Actually a pretty decent Western.

Who cloned Tyrone- I really wanted to like this. But how did this dimly lit can barely see shit stuff become an aesthetic? Like really can't get into it.

Kingdom, great Japanese movie about China history. On to part 2. Netflix.

It's a fun rom-com with Cillian Murphy and Lucy Liu.