Page 22 of 208 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    The Accountant
    WOW! This was a really cool film! Loved the story, loved the action, and Affleck did a great job with his character.
    Ok it's on my to see list

I saw Tag, It, Cock blockers and Game Night recently. Game Night and Cockblockers was funny. Tag was kinda stupid but they tried. And finally IT was very creepy. It went past being scared of a best ut dealt with sociol issuses in the house. Good actors though but was a lonnnnng movie. Is Ocean 8 worth the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    That ending is part of its charm to me. As a movie with the runtime appointed it did not have that much time to delve there with what they gave, I think the potential plot you described deserves to be explored in something like a SyFy or a Netflix series.
    I don't see why they couldn't in the same time they did the big amoeba thing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Social Network and Sing Street on Netflix.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The second Resident Evil animated movie. It's stupid and poorly done, but I enjoy it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Polar, good ultra-violent action flick, based on a GN

Solo
    , a fun, good movie. The only problem I had, and perhaps why it didn't connect as well with the fans, is Alden Ehrenreich did not feel like Hans Solo. It was a good back story for him, and set up a nice sequel wit Jaba, but Hans Solo is so identified with Harrison Ford that it is almost impossible to see any other actor as him.
    I could accept Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, but I could never quite accept Alden Ehrenreich as Han.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

With no ORVILLE this week, I decided to check out two movies I've always heard about but never saw when they were released: FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT (1982) and SAY ANYTHING (1989)--both written by Cameron Crowe, the first directed by Amy Heckerling and the second directed by Crowe.

Given all I've heard about FAST TIMES, I expected that Sean Penn and Phoebe Cates were the stars--but in actuality they don't have a lot of screen time (although they make an impression when they do appear) and it's really Jennifer Jason Leigh and Judge Reinhold who are the main characters, going by how much time on screen they have.

Everything I've heard about SAY ANYTHING is also misleading. It's hardly the movie I expected.

Of the two, FAST TIMES is the better film, with its large cast and its solid sound track.

The Founder with Michael Keaton. A pretty good movie.

Astonishing Member

Venom.For a Venom movie without Spider-Man the movie is all right.Cool special effects and a story to me as a comic book reader was interesting.The easter eggs that reference characters of the comics was cool.

Astonishing Member

Tomb Raider the new one

Rather meh...i missed the Indiana Jones adventure style action...it was more like an Origin story, but my Lara is a bit older and way cooler then Alicia Vikander (though cute girl)

As i discussed in an another thread, the divergent movies. (3 of them)

Decent enough, way more enjoyable than i thought it was going to be.

Oh and that dude is "fantastic" in those movies :

(no he really was, couldn't pass a mr fantastic joke though, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The Founder with Michael Keaton. A pretty good movie.
    Well worth watching, I thought. It really paints a great and accurate picture of capitalism, warts and all.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    As i discussed in an another thread, the divergent movies. (3 of them)

Decent enough, way more enjoyable than i thought it was going to be.

Oh and that dude is "fantastic" in those movies :

(no he really was, couldn't pass a mr fantastic joke though, sorry)
    Hes pretty good in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well worth watching, I thought. It really paints a great and accurate picture of capitalism, warts and all.
    Well, movies "based on a true story" can often exaggerate certain details, so I think some research would help distinguish fact from fiction. However, I could see what Kroc was going for. He saw something bigger than what the McDonald brothers saw.

There is no questioning the mass market appeal of McDonald's, nor is there any questioning how successful they are. Makes you think about other enormous ideas never saw their true potential. Business is cutthroat, so it would take someone ruthless to get to the top of the food chain (pun intended).

I saw a lot of great things about this movie. Sometimes it felt like Keaton was channeling a little bit of Ledger's voice work from TDK, but he turned in a pretty good performance.

Retired

THE BAXTER (2005) from writer, director and star Michael Showalter in the leading role as "the Baxter"--the guy in every romantic comedy that the woman isn't supposed to be with. Michelle Williams, looking like a young Shirley MacLaine, is so wonderful in the movie. A perfect cure for anyone feeling left out on Valentine's Day. Poor Dan (Paul Rudd), he's the real Baxter.

Finally got around to seeing Bohemian Rhapsody. Can echo the sentiments of kingaliencracker and Kirby; it's by the numbers, it takes liberties with history, but Rami Malek really shines as Freddie Mercury.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me