Page 24 of 208 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Re-Watched the Lion King.

Still holds up, both the music and the story. I always have a little bit of a problem with the zebras being overjoyed at the lions all being back together and happy at Pride Rock again in the end, but meh thats Disney.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What would you like them do for Sicario 3? Something new with the kid? Del Toro vs Brolin?
    I would like to see something with that kid. But even if we don't, I'd like to see the story go into murkier waters. Maybe Brolin shoots the wrong person, Del Toro may have had a drug habit of his own he's been hiding...something like that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How can The Incredibles be anything but 5 stars?
    I messed up. I meant to say Incredibles 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I messed up. I meant to say Incredibles 2.
    That's different. I'd give it a 4 though.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Re-Watched the Lion King.

Still holds up, both the music and the story. I always have a little bit of a problem with the zebras being overjoyed at the lions all being back together and happy at Pride Rock again in the end, but meh thats Disney.
    I even like Lion King 2. Easily imo Disney best straight to homevideo release. The music was solid and I liked Kovu. Though everytime he speaks I just hear Max from a goofy movie.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-19-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I would like to see something with that kid. But even if we don't, I'd like to see the story go into murkier waters. Maybe Brolin shoots the wrong person, Del Toro may have had a drug habit of his own he's been hiding...something like that.
    You'd make it even more grim and gritty? Hmmm...

Paddington 2 and Paddington. Both are splendid movies. 5 stars to both.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Saw Alita: Battle Angel over the weekend and found it enjoyable. Having never read the manga it's based from, I had no idea what to expect going in, but I liked the film.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Bird Box. Good enough.

Wind River. Very good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You'd make it even more grim and gritty? Hmmm...
    Yeah, the movies already are pretty grim, but I'd go into the more ambiguous areas of the I guess morality of the drug wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wind River. Very good.
    Nice. I watched that movie a bunch of times on Netflix. Enough that I bought the Blu-Ray, for that time when it is no longer available on Netflix.

I watched Incredibles 2 on Netflix. Such a great movie. I wish there were more superhero movies that were animated. For physics, costumes, action and acting...I think comic books translate best to animation.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Nice. I watched that movie a bunch of times on Netflix. Enough that I bought the Blu-Ray, for that time when it is no longer available on Netflix.

I watched Incredibles 2 on Netflix. Such a great movie. I wish there were more superhero movies that were animated. For physics, costumes, action and acting...I think comic books translate best to animation.
    I think you were the one who on here convinced me to watch Wind River. Really enjoyed it, hate when people downplay Renner as an actor the dude has chops imo. Also love anytime Bernthal pops up somewhere.

Finished Umbrella Academy never read the comic but loved the show. If I worked in Hollywood I would be looking at Robert Sheehan for every comedic role I needed to feel. The guys is the stand out for me just as he was in Misfits. As soon as he left Misfits the show got unwatchable. Though dude from Game of Throne was still good in it there was no one to bring the Joy and charisma

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watched tonight:

2001: A Space Odyssey
    To paraphrase a line from Lola by The Kinks, maybe I’m dumb, but I can’t understand why people gushed like they have over this movie. The first words out of my mouth after it ended were, and I quote, “What the **** did I just watch?” That was two plus hours worth of pretentious, boring as hell crapola, not to mention a total waste of time. And if I never hear the goddamn Blue Danube ever again after this, I’ll die a happy man. Jesus, what a shitshow.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think you were the one who on here convinced me to watch Wind River. Really enjoyed it, hate when people downplay Renner as an actor the dude has chops imo. Also love anytime Bernthal pops up somewhere.

Finished Umbrella Academy never read the comic but loved the show. If I worked in Hollywood I would be looking at Robert Sheehan for every comedic role I needed to feel. The guys is the stand out for me just as he was in Misfits. As soon as he left Misfits the show got unwatchable. Though dude from Game of Throne was still good in it there was no one to bring the Joy and charisma
    That's pretty awesome. Glad to hear you liked Wind River. Renner was really good in the movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Watched tonight:

2001: A Space Odyssey
    To paraphrase a line from Lola by The Kinks, maybe I’m dumb, but I can’t understand why people gushed like they have over this movie. The first words out of my mouth after it ended were, and I quote, “What the **** did I just watch?” That was two plus hours worth of pretentious, boring as hell crapola, not to mention a total waste of time. And if I never hear the goddamn Blue Danube ever again after this, I’ll die a happy man. Jesus, what a shitshow.
    Probably my favorite movie , I have watched it about 20 times. Among the best films in the history of cinema. Visually unprecedented. Multi-layered story telling and truly awe inspiring. A science fiction movie that could rival literature.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-21-2019 at 06:20 AM.