Page 31 of 208 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    They are entirely different movies, and Alita had its flaws, but I agree as a comparison between the two that Alita wins. You'll believe a CGI, big-eyed, half-robotic, beheaded anime girl can feel!
    As a long time CB reader/collector, Bond fan, and a fan of the X- women. It was so a woman who could kick @$$ yet still be kind and gentle. Not behave as if she's mad at the world or has a chip on her shoulder. A little confidence & humility does such wonders! Just so sad that I discovered it so late. The trailers don't do it justice at all. I saw it again yesterday for the second time.

Extraordinary Member

I saw some Alita on youtube it looks good can't lie tho the big live action eyes looked weird to me.

Gearing up for Avengers Endgame, so my friend and I are re-watching a lot of the movies. Recently, I did:

Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    The Avengers

I have watched Iron Man and Captain America: The First Avenger so many times and love them both that I didn't re-watch them. Going to move onto Phase 2 pretty soon.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

All the President's Men (1976)

Just as relevant today as it was 43 years ago.

Invincible Member

Polar, a hitman revenge piece. My expectations weren't high but the third act won me over. 3 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    CHAOS THEORY (2008), a small Ryan Reynolds movie, made in British Columbia. I'm happy that Reynolds is always looking for projects to film in his home province. Nice location shots. The Gabriola Island ferry plays a key part in the plot.
    Thought that was a wesley snipes movie until I googled it and saw it's just Chaos but Snipes talks about chaos theory in the movie. Think Ryan Phillipe was in it aswell.

Retired

A lot of movies I missed the first time around, I didn't see because I pretty well knew what they were going to be without seeing them.

Recently watched, for the first time, ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY (2004) and BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE (1989) and they were everything that I imagined they would be. But ANCHORMAN was not as funny as I'd been led to believe, while BILL AND TED was quite entertaining. I'll probably watch the next Bill and Ted move in the near future--this one did feel like it was borrowing heavily from other movies and properties, such as TIME BANDITS, DOCTOR WHO, BACK TO THE FUTURE and FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH.

Watched THE INVITATION (2015) directed by Karyn Kusama and THE BABADOOK (2014) directed by Jennifer Kent. Two truly frightening movies. Both kept me on the edge of my seat. I could see THE INVITATION as something that might actually happen. But even THE BABADOOK, if you really think about, could be happening in a grounded reality.

As a remedy for that watch MORNING GLORY (2010) directed by Roger Michell--a nice work place movie, starring Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford. It's just a pleasure to watch these two actors on screen. And no dogs died.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    As a long time CB reader/collector, Bond fan, and a fan of the X- women. It was so a woman who could kick @$$ yet still be kind and gentle. Not behave as if she's mad at the world or has a chip on her shoulder. A little confidence & humility does such wonders! Just so sad that I discovered it so late. The trailers don't do it justice at all. I saw it again yesterday for the second time.
    Yah! I really want to see it again, might do just that this weekend. You are spot on with the character of Alita. See it in 3D if you haven't already, its really well done, best 3D I've seen since Avatar.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-28-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Went to the cinema a couple of months ago with the wife to see Stan and Ollie. Not really been a big Laurel and Hardy fan but found the film surprisingly quite touching.

The Meg. Going in if you know it's a big shark movie, done for an international audience, it's pretty fun. It's like they took one of those crappy shark movies on SyFy and got real movie stars and a big budget.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thought that was a wesley snipes movie until I googled it and saw it's just Chaos but Snipes talks about chaos theory in the movie. Think Ryan Phillipe was in it aswell.
    As well as starring Jason Statham. I remember despising that movie when I first saw it. Don't exactly recall the details as to why, though.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Captain Marvel. Pretty underwhelming. Has humor that keeps it watchable but the protagonist is a one-dimensional flat character and the action scenes are nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    As well as starring Jason Statham. I remember despising that movie when I first saw it. Don't exactly recall the details as to why, though.
    Lol because its dumb. Snipes releases a computer virus that works on the principles of Choas Theory.....

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol because its dumb. Snipes releases a computer virus that works on the principles of Choas Theory.....
    I now also remember this ridiculous scene with a CSI lady lusting after one of the main characters. It wasn't even funny.

---

I just saw Arctic, the first feature film by Joe Penna, starring Mads Mikkelsen as a man who finds himself stranded on the icy desert of the arctic after his plane crashes. Pretty great survival movie; it had its weak points imo, with some scenes being a bit repetitive, but it came back strong in the third act. Because of the sparsity of the dialogue, Mikkelsen gets to shine with a great mostly non-verbal performance. Lotsa kudos to him. Low-key debut for María Thelma Smáradóttir in an important supporting role as well.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

So I was watching some of Beauty and the Beast on TBS. The live version. They seemed to have removed a frame or two each second. The result was this jerky movement in the film. I suppose they want to fit it into a specific time period, but it makes the movie unwatchable. the big dance in the ball room looks like there's a strobe light. Why they need to this, I have no idea, it's not like they have a fixed schedule.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!