Page 32 of 208 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Watched Bumblebee last night. Though its definately a massive step up from the Bay films, I felt it was kind of an average film. Performances were all good but I could feel myself checking out by the time I got towards the end of the film.

Finished watching majority of the Phase II movies for the MCU:

Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers: Age of Ultron

Didn't watch Ant-Man, even though I probably should have watched that instead of Thor: TDW & Avengers: AoU. Thor was a beautiful looking bore and A:AoU was just frustrating to watch.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Extraordinary Member

Us - So damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Us - So damn good.
    The message was better then the actual sci fi elements. Logistically the sci fi aspects dont work or add up. But as a metaphor that makes you think deeply about class and circumstance it was great

Invincible Member

The Dirt.

Two and a half stars.

Astonishing Member

Solo

Finally....!

I understand why it was so weak at the boxoffice, but i dont understand the critics. It felt like Star Wars and was a fun movie.

Fun fact: In the german translation, the voice actor of Harrison Ford voiced Alden Ehrenreich, too. At first it was a bit strange to hear the older voice for a younger guy, but the actor tried to sound like he was 30 instead of 70. But after a few minutes i appreciated to hear his voice...

Retired

DELUGE (1933) directed by Felix E. Feist. An impressive feat of special effects with model work and trick photography that shows the Earth faced with massive storms, floods, earthquakes that bring the end of civilization--destroying cities, killing off most of the people on the Earth, leaving the survivors to rebuild. In this new world, women aren't safe and are always under threat of rape and death at the hands of brutal men.

Made before the censorship of the Hays Code, this film was thought lost for several decades until an Italian dubbed print was found in the 1980s. Then in 2016, the original English language version was recovered. I watched this on youtube--so there's no excuse for anyone not checking this out, which you definitely should.

Thanks for the res Jim. I just watched a little, mostly the destruction of NY scene. Impressive.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Default A Quiet Place

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Solo

Finally....!

I understand why it was so weak at the boxoffice, but i dont understand the critics. It felt like Star Wars and was a fun movie.

Fun fact: In the german translation, the voice actor of Harrison Ford voiced Alden Ehrenreich, too. At first it was a bit strange to hear the older voice for a younger guy, but the actor tried to sound like he was 30 instead of 70. But after a few minutes i appreciated to hear his voice...
    I liked the movie. The intro to Han and than Chewie. It figt scenes were nice. This is perhaps my second fav movie out all the movies in the pat 5 years. No 1st. I dont like the sequals o the one highlighting Darth Vader.

A quiet Place was seen last night nd i enjoyed it. But no sequels pleae.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Finished watching majority of the Phase II movies for the MCU:

Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers: Age of Ultron

Didn't watch Ant-Man, even though I probably should have watched that instead of Thor: TDW & Avengers: AoU. Thor was a beautiful looking bore and A:AoU was just frustrating to watch.
    The first Ant-Man is low-key one of my favorite Marvel movies. It's surprisingly better than a lot of people remember it being, probably because it feels like of like an afterthought compared to Age of Ultron and Civil War which it was between. But, to me, that's its selling point. I thought they did a great job with a small movie. It's pretty funny and it earns its humor with a likable, charming cast. In a lot of ways it feels like a throwaway, 80s action comedy. And truthfully, with Scott being as close to the MCU has to a regular guy, I actually felt for his emotional arc more than most Marvel movies. Probably helps that he was played by Paul Rudd.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    The first Ant-Man is low-key one of my favorite Marvel movies. It's surprisingly better than a lot of people remember it being, probably because it feels like of like an afterthought compared to Age of Ultron and Civil War which it was between. But, to me, that's its selling point. I thought they did a great job with a small movie. It's pretty funny and it earns its humor with a likable, charming cast. In a lot of ways it feels like a throwaway, 80s action comedy. And truthfully, with Scott being as close to the MCU has to a regular guy, I actually felt for his emotional arc more than most Marvel movies. Probably helps that he was played by Paul Rudd.
    Agreed. I describe Ant-Man as a "palate cleanser" after the bad taste Age of Ultron left in my mouth. For the production issues the movie dealt with, it turned out to be pretty entertaining. Which is why I was expecting Ant-Man & the Wasp to be a lot better than it was.

On-topic: I watched Life last night. Not bad.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Hotel Mumbai- powerful film, pretty intense.

Lol the Trap on Netflix. Wow I've seen T.I, Mike Epps,Latifah,and Loretta Devine be good in movies more then once. It's almost like they were giving bad acting performances on purpose. The movie is over the top so it could for sure be on purpose but yea T.I has certain charm about him so I'll give most things hes in a chance.

Retired

With One Magic Word . . . SHAZAM! . . . Captain Sparklefingers.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Road to Morocco with Bing, Bob, and Dotty. Still Funny with some nice tunes.

roadtomorocco.jpg