Page 34 of 204 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Oh yeah, i forgot Hereditary.

I just couldnt look at the ugly girl who died. I mean her death was great but i was glad that she was gone. Not my favorite horror movie.
    Just a wee lass to be fair.

All the President's Men (1976)

Just as important now as it was then.

Astonishing Member

I just watched Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms. It is an amazing, beautiful, poignant anime film about the impact of time and the love between mothers and their children. Definitely worth seeing.

Though . . . being me, since it's the story of an essentially immortal, ageless teenager who rescues and adopts a baby boy, I can't help thinking it's more or less Brian Wood's story for Jubilee if he had leaned way into the dramatic implications.

Extraordinary Member

Shazam. While enjoyable didn't really feel like a big movie also didn't have the visual spectacle factor DC movies are known for imo. That might affect repeat viewings.

It's been a long time since I made it to a movie theatre to watch a movie (I think I'm just getting old ), but...

Us - I did not like it one bit. For me, the movie did not work as a horror movie or a social commentary movie.

Shazam! - This movie I enjoyed quite a bit. I went to watch Us with just one friend, since the other couldn't make it. All three of us watched Shazam! and it was just a ton of fun. I'm disappointed that the box office is not reflecting the quality of the movie. Yes, the CGI could have used a lot more polish, but the heart of the movie was really great. Great performances all around. I definitely recommend going to watch this in the theatres.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Human Desire (1954)

Bright Eyes (1934)

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Highway Men/Netflix. Kevin Costner is getting old but he's still got it with this type of flick, pretty good.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Watched SHEENA with Tanya Roberts.
    So-So movie but worth seeing for Roberts and her tone body.
    And the theme music is good too.

SheenaLion.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Finally saw Glass. It had it's moments but ultimately 3 great chars were wasted imo for a very small victory at the end.

Super Broly- I really don't remember Goku being such a goofball lol. I think they coulda slowed down the camera a little and eased up on the tracking shots but still a great fight flick.

BATMAN
    Under the Red Hood

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Dumbo

It was very moving. Such an adorable character.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Watched SHEENA with Tanya Roberts.
    So-So movie but worth seeing for Roberts and her tone body.
    And the theme music is good too.

SheenaLion.jpg
    Thanks for mentioning this movie. That gave me the idea to watch it, which I just did and I loved it. I want to build a shrine to it and worship it, I love it so much. Makes me sad I never saw this in a movie theatre.

It's great how the opening and closing credits is just Tanya Roberts riding her horse (that's no zebra!) with the beautiful theme music (composed by Richard Hartley)--which also plays in other parts of the movie when she's riding the mighty Marika.

All the animals gave great performances.

This was directed by John Guillerman who directed a couple of Tarzan movies, including the impressive TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE (1959). And the screenplay is by David Newman (SUPERMAN) and Lorenzo Semple, Jr. (BATMAN).

Sure it's a comic book movie and you could go down a rabbit hole discussing the racial politics, but the movie knows what it wants to be and it's perfectly formed at every measure. As is Tanya Roberts. It's a shame she never returned to the Sheena role.

KICKBOXER with Van Damme,

I used to have a crush on him. Entertaining movie. I prefer LIONHEART.

Hellboy(2019)- I liked it.

It was fun and the cast worked well together. It's not as bad as everyone says but it's not as good as the Del Toro films. I think it suffered a similar problem to the first Amazing Spiderman film. It tried to do too many things and only did a few of them well.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hellboy(2019)- I liked it.

It was fun and the cast worked well together. It's not as bad as everyone says but it's not as good as the Del Toro films. I think it suffered a similar problem to the first Amazing Spiderman film. It tried to do too many things and only did a few of them well.
    I liked it but it tries too hard. F Bombs that served no purpose and Gore where it wasnt required. But I thought some of the stuff like the fights with Hellboy and The Russian whitch lady in the bird house thing was cool. The way she moved was creepy and I liked Harbour. He had natural comedic timing