Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Joker

Got in as a happy man, got out and wanted to jump from a 10 story building

Standing Member

Oh yeah, JOKER. It impressed me, but it didn't depress me. I had a lot of feels. I got goose-bumps several times. Some genuinely frightening scenes. But I left the theatre feeling good about the movie--actually welled up at the end, because it was such a masterpiece of movie-making. It's a hard movie to go back and see a second time--I want to, but gotta put myself in the right mindset to go through that again.
    verbum sapiente satis est

Standing Member

Rewatched THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN (2005). Next time I binge THE OFFICE, I should put this movie in the order between season 1 and season 2, because it explains a lot how Michael Scott's character evolved. In hindsight, there are several actors I can appreciate better, given what they've done since--and it's surprising to see Mindy Kaling and Jonah Hill pop up in bit parts. Some of the humour is pretty bad, but the best part of the whole movie is the very end with the fantastic musical sequence that involves the whole cast. That was a great ending and left me with a smile on my face long after.

Only the Lonely

With John Candy. I like this movie, it has heart and some funny moments.

"City of Tiny Lights" (2016)- Riz Ahmed stars in a British detective thriller. It's a decent plot with fun characters.

" El Camino: a breaking bad movie"

Astonishing Member

Gemini Man- The cgi looks better in theater than on T.V. Don't understand why they used cgi for some fight scenes coulda just used stuntmen. But a pretty good action flick overall.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Beginning of the End - Classic sci-fi Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Beginning of the End - Classic sci-fi Cheese
    I remember that one. Big grasshoppers, right?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I remember that one. Big grasshoppers, right?
    Yep, that's the one. Really big grasshoppers.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Yep, that's the one. Really big grasshoppers.
    As "Big Bug" flicks from the 1950's went, Beginning of the End was, in my opinion, on the low end compared to THEM!, The Deadly Mantis, Tarantula and The Black Scorpion.

Meanwhile, I went to see Joker yesterday. I thought it was decent, fairly good even, but not great as reviewers have said. I went in with modest expectations, and nothing much changed when I left. Perhaps I couldn't get past old interpretations of the classic character to give this film a chance, I don't know. I wouldn't say I wasted my time, but I won't be adding this film to my video library when it hits the stores a few months from now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

THEM is the best of that bunch, for me. It made the most of the bug monster theme. Its one of those well-done movies that understood that to make a monster threatening, you have to tell rather than show. The giant ants don't appear on the screen very much and when they do its sometimes kind of terrifying.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

El Camino. Not bad, but it's also not Breaking Bad.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    THEM is the best of that bunch, for me. It made the most of the bug monster theme. Its one of those well-done movies that understood that to make a monster threatening, you have to tell rather than show. The giant ants don't appear on the screen very much and when they do its sometimes kind of terrifying.
    Agree with this. I recall that the sound they used to indicate the ants were around really unnerved me when I was a kid. Plus a lot of the acting is surprisingly on-point, especially James Whitmore.

Standing Member

On the late late show, any science fiction horror movie with Vincent Price would terrorize me.

Hammer horror with Dracula '72.Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.Blood looked like ketchup and somehow Dracula appears dressed in tuxedo,and cape after being resurrected in smoke.Gotta love it.
    I'd love to have a John Byrne Superman omnibus in my collection.How 'bout it DC?