Page 70 of 206 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3086
    Astonishing Member

The Platform or El Hoyo

A Netflix movie (so they say, probably bought in)

WTF? It has a great idea and a good moral story. A one of a kind horror, mystery story. Try it!

I saw The Man Who Invented Christmas last night. It was recommended to me by an author friend of mine and I finally got around to watching. I really enjoyed it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Man of Steel.

Isn't that the weirdest thing? Great casting, pretty solid visual, good script overall save for a couple of oddities and yet, it comes out as "just" a decent movie for me.

That's Snyder for you. He's like a reversed philosopher stone, it can turn gold into lead.

HULK (2003)

Still watching it, I'm midway through it actually. They needed to record voices with higher volume to sound clearer, that's my main gripe with this movie.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Watched the second season of Netflix' Lost in Space.

I enjoyed it fine. Some bullshit here and there but you know, all in all that's fine.

And i love them Robinsons, the five actors are decent enough in their respective roles. Even Smith is way better. Creepy instead of just pathetic and weird. Great improvement.

Astonishing Member

Godzilla King of Monsters (the new one)

I love that dude so much, that I forgot how bad that movie was. But you know what? It's Godzilla. Godzilla movies can do everything they want and get away with it. Now I want to see Godzilla vs Kong

I watched Real Steel for the first time last night. It's the first Rocky movie with robots. No need to ever watch it again.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Watched “Daylight”. Good, underrated disaster flick

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Watched “Daylight”. Good, underrated disaster flick
    The one with Sylvester Stallone? I always liked that one.

I watched the original Star Wars movie tonight.

"At Eternity's Gate" Haunting movie about Van Gogh. Defoe gives a great performance.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

City Of God. Excellent.

Extraordinary Member

“Adventures of Robin Hood” from 1938. It was kind fo weird to watch it this time while focusing on the score - I’d always note dit before when I was a kid, but I’ve been reading up on how it’s basically the product of an incredibly over-qualified composer who was going to turn down the adventure film as “lite entertainment,” only for the Nazis to chase him out of Austria two days later and basically create the modern conception of adventure film composing with leit motifs for adventure heroes and scores made for specific action sequences.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    “Adventures of Robin Hood” from 1938. It was kind fo weird to watch it this time while focusing on the score - I’d always note dit before when I was a kid, but I’ve been reading up on how it’s basically the product of an incredibly over-qualified composer who was going to turn down the adventure film as “lite entertainment,” only for the Nazis to chase him out of Austria two days later and basically create the modern conception of adventure film composing with leit motifs for adventure heroes and scores made for specific action sequences.
    Challenge accepted. I've watched THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD before, of course (it's one of those movies that everyone has to watch), but I never paid that much attention to the music or the production. Wikipedia says that John Williams cited Erich Wolfgang Korngold as his inspiration for the Star Wars scores.

This was Warner Bros. first big budget Technicolor production--and the colours really pop on the screen. The art direction makes me think of Hal Foster's Prince Valiant work from the 1930s--and I imagine that would have been an influence. There is an unmistakable Star Wars aspect to the plot--each time Maid Marian is on screen she makes me think of Princess Leia. The wardrobe department went crazy with the outfits they gave Olivia De Havilland.

A nice companion to this movie would be THE COURT JESTER--which was likely parodying a lot from this movie and other Errol Flynn swashbuckling films. Basil Rathbone's sword fights at the end of both movies have a lot in common.

I just finished up PlayTime directed by Jacques Tati. It was incredible. From the first sequence, I knew that I was watching some type of masterpiece. It's one of those movies that reminds you what movies can do.

The Green Book. Very enjoyable. Not sure if it is best picture Oscar worthy, but a good movie none the less, with to stellar performances.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!