Page 73 of 204 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3051

Another thing about XMDP. When Jessica Chastain was explaining the Phoenix force, was anybody else waiting for Ricardo Monteban to come in and ask for all the data on...Genesis?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mission: Impossible 3. Man...the colour saturation is so high on this movie. Every colour just pops off this screen. I love the look of this movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Mission: Impossible 3. Man...the colour saturation is so high on this movie. Every colour just pops off this screen. I love the look of this movie.
    Was that the JJ Abrams one?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Was that the JJ Abrams one?
    Yes, it was.

Ultimate Member

Killing Them Softly a low key crime thriller set during the 2008 economic collapse. Solid movie...good performances, interesting script. Three and half stars.

Astonishing Member

Europa Report- A sci fi thriller. Nothing new in terms of ideas, but I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Europa Report- A sci fi thriller. Nothing new in terms of ideas, but I liked it.
    I was very curious as to how they were going to end it. I liked it, too.

Most recent: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. Man, did I have to explain way too much to my parents. Can people recommend some simple action movies? I'm talking Commando or Man on Fire simple. Basically what I'm looking for:

-lots of action
    -if it has blood or gore, it's probably ok
    -made after 1999
    -must not have any nudity or sex
    -if it's a lot of hand-to-hand martial arts/kung fu style...my parents will love it.

My parents can handle a ton of violence, but they hate nudity or sex. My dad hates science-fiction or fantasy, so it rules out Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean. All the Mission: Impossible movies are way too complicated and I find myself explaining it, so I didn't even bother with the Bourne movies.

So I'm looking for movies like:

Ip Man (they've seen it)
    Ong Bak (he wasn't as enamoured with it as I thought he would be)
    I think most of the Die Hards would be ok

I'm thinking of showing him John Wick next. I'll see.

Astonishing Member

I was very curious as to how they were going to end it. I liked it, too.

Most recent: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. Man, did I have to explain way too much to my parents. Can people recommend some simple action movies? I'm talking Commando or Man on Fire simple. Basically what I'm looking for:

-lots of action
    -made after 1999
    -if it's a lot of hand-to-hand martial arts/kung fu style...my parents will love it.

My parents can handle a ton of violence, but they hate nudity or sex. My dad hates science-fiction or fantasy, so it rules out Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean. All the Mission: Impossible movies are way too complicated and I find myself explaining it, so I didn't even bother with the Bourne movies.

So I'm looking for movies like:

Ip Man (they've seen it)
    Ong Bak (he wasn't as enamoured with it as I thought he would be)
    I think most of the Die Hards would be ok

I'm thinking of showing him John Wick next. I'll see.
    Eraser?
    True Lies?
    Desperados?
    Tears of the sun?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Eraser?
    True Lies?
    Desperados?
    Tears of the sun?
    Eraser is actually a great suggestion. I love True Lies, but my parents would have an issue with the striptease scene that JLC does. There's a really hot sex scene in Desperado and Selma Hayek is oozing sexiness the entire movie, so that's a no. I've never actually scene Tears of the Sun, so I might consider that.

Not to get too off topic, but I watched: The Man From Nowhere. Love that movie. Watched it once and recommended it to a friend. He loves that movie. I ended up getting the Blu-ray for both Man From Nowhere and No Tears For The Dead.

Ultimate Member

Eraser is actually a great suggestion. I love True Lies, but my parents would have an issue with the striptease scene that JLC does. There's a really hot sex scene in Desperado and Selma Hayek is oozing sexiness the entire movie, so that's a no. I've never actually scene Tears of the Sun, so I might consider that.

Not to get too off topic, but I watched: The Man From Nowhere. Love that movie. Watched it once and recommended it to a friend. He loves that movie. I ended up getting the Blu-ray for both Man From Nowhere and No Tears For The Dead.
    I had a big problem with that scene even back in the day. The "nudity" didn't bother me, it was Arnold's plan...If it had worked, did he really think that she'd be happy to see him or would she more likely been angry that he humiliated her in front of his co-workers when he interrogated her about their marriage and then again making her do the strip in front of what she thought was a foreign agent? The movie makes it seem like it was ok cuz we know it's her husband but she doesn't. Had the plan worked and I was Jaime, I would have divorced him.

Anyway...

The John Wick movies are probably a good bet.

If they haven't seen The Matrix movies, they'll probably like the hand to hand stuff.

The Equalizer, I haven't seen the sequel yet.

They might like Jason Statham movies

If they haven't seen The Expendables 1 and 2 not great films, but they might have fun with them

Are your parents willing to watch Hong Kong movies? If so, there's a ton of movies that might be up their alley...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I had a big problem with that scene even back in the day. The "nudity" didn't bother me, it was Arnold's plan...If it had worked, did he really think that she'd be happy to see him or would she more likely been angry that he humiliated her in front of his co-workers when he interrogated her about their marriage and then again making her do the strip in front of what she thought was a foreign agent? The movie makes it seem like it was ok cuz we know it's her husband but she doesn't. Had the plan worked and I was Jaime, I would have divorced him.

Anyway...

The John Wick movies are probably a good bet.

If they haven't seen The Matrix movies, they'll probably like the hand to hand stuff.

The Equalizer, I haven't seen the sequel yet.

They might like Jason Statham movies

If they haven't seen The Expendables 1 and 2 not great films, but they might have fun with them

Are your parents willing to watch Hong Kong movies? If so, there's a ton of movies that might be up their alley...
    The Equalizer has a child prostitute.

What you said about True Lies... totally forgot that. I was a teen when it came out and I loved it.

Astonishing Member

Wow, your parents seem to be a tough crowd

Homefront with Jason Statham comes to mind

Retired

Surely it's just embarrassing to watch explicit stuff with your parents or your siblings. I always assumed my parents disapproved, I didn't know for certain. But I felt terrible when those scenes would come on--it was excruciatingly uncomfortable. Likewise with my siblings. I used to go to the Vancouver Film Festival every year, as did one of my sisters, and we would often be watching the same films together, but there were a few movies that I saw with her where something happened and I just wanted to crawl under a rock.

Basically what I'm looking for:

-lots of action
    -made after 1999
    Surely any of the Bond films would work???
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Surely any of the Bond films would work???
    He should try Austin Powers