Page 76 of 208 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3111

Color out of space.

One of my favorite Lovecraft's story cause it proposes a real alien creature, not some monster you can understand the motives and with a somewhat familiar form, no, something real alien to human comprehension.

Which is rare in fiction.

It's not a good sign when a movie starts with some witch wannabe teen doing a cheesy ritual. Expecially not when none of that crap is in the novel. And gee, what a surprise, the rest of the movie is indeed awful lol.

Love you Nick though, never change my man, never change.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Yes, they're cool despite Willis starring in them and could be much better with an... Actor
    Lol

Saw Aladin live action eboot and I must say the movie was solid. When I first saw it at the theaters, I was hating on it but it's very fun and enjoyable.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Love you Nick though, never change my man, never change.
    Love him in 8MM

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post
    Lol

Saw Aladin live action eboot and I must say the movie was solid. When I first saw it at the theaters, I was hating on it but it's very fun and enjoyable.
    I'm not a movie Nazi. I liked Birds of Prey or whatever the name of that movie was

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Acting is such an ill-defined art that what passes for good acting varies from person to person. I remember the first time I saw STAR WARS in 1977, I thought the acting was really bad (except for Alec Guinness)--the style of acting seemed to be a very flat delivery of lines with almost no emotion--Harrison Ford, in particular, bugged me a lot with his line delivery. And I remember other movies from around the same time also bothered me because the acting was also flat in them--the movie TESS (1979) had some pretty flat acting. I guess I was used to earlier movies, where actors gave bigger performances.

Bruce Willis has always been a toned-down kind of actor. His line delivery is always flat. But I think that's what's considered good, in that school of acting. So it's hard to say what's bad acting or not. It's not supposed to look like he's trying too hard. If that's the feature of his acting, then it's not easy to say when he's phoning it in and when he's just giving the performance that's expected of him.
    For myself I define it like this... a famous actor disappears into his role... makes you completely forget who he is (a celebrity) and the character comes alive that way. My examples would be Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now, Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    For myself I define it like this... a famous actor disappears into his role... makes you completely forget who he is (a celebrity) and the character comes alive that way. My examples would be Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now, Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart
    Well there are different actors and different types of casting. One of my film profs talked about actors who are cast because they have such an image that the movie doesn't need to spend time establishing the character. The actor brings that with them. The classic example being John Wayne.

One of my favourite actors is Cary Grant. He was capable of playing different character types, but he cultivated a certain persona that he played very well on screen. When he was on screen, he was still acting the part of "Cary Grant." The real Archibald Leach was a different person from the made-up character of Cary Grant.

Even actors like Meryl Streep or Daniel Day Lewis, while they might completely change from one role to the next, became so well known that you were watching them do this feat. You couldn't forget that they were these famous actors. Someone like Gary Oldman could maybe get away with it, because he wasn't as famous--but now he is, so people are watching him to see him put on this show, too. However, I have a better idea of who Streep and Day Lewis are as celebrities than Gary Oldman. If I saw Oldman on the street, I wouldn't know that was him.

Captain Marvel.

Not sure i understand the hate, i have seen way worst from Marvel/Disney.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Captain Marvel.

Not sure i understand the hate, i have seen way worst from Marvel/Disney.
    Basically, the hate was due to anti-SJW hysteria. In the comics, Marvel decided to give the short hair cut a try again and many folks in C*m*csg*t* felt that this was the height of far left wing extremism. For them Carol became a symbol of SJW Marvel that they could rally against. Then there's the overlap with the anti-feminist gamer crowd. Then there's the folks clearly didn't know or care about the character but knew they could profit pretending to be outraged about it. People were literally doing multiple videos about the movie and how it was going to ruin Disney/Marvel months before they even knew what the plot was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Basically, the hate was due to anti-SJW hysteria. In the comics, Marvel decided to give the short hair cut a try again and many folks in C*m*csg*t* felt that this was the height of far left wing extremism. For them Carol became a symbol of SJW Marvel that they could rally against. Then there's the overlap with the anti-feminist gamer crowd. Then there's the folks clearly didn't know or care about the character but knew they could profit pretending to be outraged about it. People were literally doing multiple videos about the movie and how it was going to ruin Disney/Marvel months before they even knew what the plot was.
    I really don't understand anything you say, lol. I mean, I understand what you are saying, but I don't get behind the mindset of these people. Far left wing extremism? Anti feminist gamer crowd? SJW hysteria?

Without social media, there would be no such outrage.

I and my wife enjoyed it, and never thought about the stuff you mentioned, not a second. (This is no post to offend you, keep that in mind)

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    All that aside... the movie is just so meh. Meh. Just like Doc Strange and Thor I. That being said I still liked Strange in his cameos and Thor in everything after his first outing. That way I'll probably grow to like Cap Marvel in future movies as well

Retired

TALL GIRL (2019), directed by Nzingha Stewart, follows all the tropes of high school, teen rom-coms, but with a tall girl twist. Steve Zahn and Angela Kinsey play the parents and the movie features several young actors to watch.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I watched the movie called The Con is On the other day. Hands down one of the worst movies I have seen in years. Just utter ****. It amazes me with the cast that movie had just how bad it is. The cast is all very talented with Uma Thurman, Tim Roth, Stephen Fry, Maggie Q, Alice Eve, Parker Posey, and others, and yet the movie itself is near unwatchable.

The graphic "design" of the title should have told you. Lord that is bad.

Recently watched:

Hard Target
    Replacement Killers
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Recently watched:

Hard Target
    Replacement Killers
    Loved Replacement Killers. Chow Yun Fat was so good. Hard to believe but they had to edit out a more romantic relationship between him and Mira Sorvino. People at screenings felt uncomfortable because he was Asian and she is white.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

LOVE WEDDING REPEAT (2020), directed by Dean Craig, starring many beautiful looking people. I didn't go into this...romantic-comedy?...with any expectations. I just wanted some pretty looking movie set in Italy that would take me away from it all. But it couldn't just do that. Shot in Rome, it does look beautiful and everyone in the movie, many of my favourite actors, are beautiful to look at. It even has pretty music--but the classical music selections are all the songs you've heard a thousand times before, there's no effort to find less well known music that might actually better fit the scene. This movie was just so much cringe all the time. It was aggravating--I just wanted someone to say No! There's so much that they all put up with, lots of bad behaviour and stupidity, that I just wanted someone to refuse to go along with this garbage. And there's this voice from god that sounds like Judi Dench forcing some didactic point into the movie and I wanted her to shut up already--there's no point to the movie, saying there is doesn't make it so. For the beautiful look of people and places, it's almost worth it, but otherwise it's an absolutely torturous movie to watch.