Page 80 of 208 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3109

I had the pleasure of watching all eight live action Batman movies, from 66 to The Dark Knight Rises.

And then I watched Toy Story.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

So I watched the Disney version of 20,000 Leauges Under The Sea last night. Kirk Douglas is one of the most unlikable "designated heroes" I've ever seen. I legitimately wanted him to die numerous times on screen. He ruins everything for everyone.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    It bored me. There were some decent acting performances. The setting was authentic enough. But I'm not a big QT fan. I'm neutral on Pitt, generally like Leo, and actually watched the movie for Margot Robbie
    Margot Robbie's talent was completely wasted in that film.

Retired

Maybe the reason Tarantino didn't give more scenes to Sharon Tate was out of respect for her memory and a desire not to offend her family. It seems to me all the scenes with Robbie were adoring and a proper homage. I watched a few of Sharon Tate's movies after and it is really sad that she never got to enjoy her life--she might have been a big star.

Look what happened when Tarantino gave Bruce Lee one comedic scene--people came after him for that, as if he was disrespecting the actor's memory. If he wasn't given artistic license for Bruce Lee--he certainly wouldn't have got it for Sharon Tate.

While the whole movie is about her, she doesn't really need to be in very many scenes. So she's simply a supporting character. Charles Manson got even less screen time.

Putting Margot Robbie in all the promotion for the movie was misleading. So I can see why Robbie fans feel short-changed. But it makes sense that they wanted to use Robbie to promote their movie, to trade off her star power.

For me the movie was never boring. The movie is so packed with information, so many ideas that go in different directions and things taken from the actual times--it's a challenge to watch it in one sitting, because just one scene alone demands time to digest it fully.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    For me the movie was never boring. The movie is so packed with information, so many ideas that go in different directions and things taken from the actual times--it's a challenge to watch it in one sitting, because just one scene alone demands time to digest it fully.
    The evil cowboys laughing scene cracked me up.

And yeah on rewatch I noticed for example you can briefly spot where Rick kept his flamethrower in his house way before the movie brings it up.

So I finally saw the Breakfast Club (1985) I’ve never seen the film before, so my experience is void of childhood nostalgia... and it was still really good. YES there are sometimes character plot points that don’t feel organic, yes there isn’t a huge amount of connectivity between the montages and duel-log scenes and NO, no-one believes Judd Nelson is a teenager; but it was still a wonderful dissection of youth and the feelings of both invulnerability and fragility. Ally Sheedy stole it as the ‘mute’ recluse, the most fully rounded character, performed with great love and nuance. And now I get a lot of pop-culture references, including the origins of Bart Simpson’s now iconic “eat my shorts” catchphrase. As a benchmark piece of “coming of age” cinema, it was truly touching.
    ★★★★☆
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

Extraction- Yeah better than expected action flick. Wish Netflix would do more stuff like this with upcoming or established stars. I feel like there's definitely a void in the action movie genre.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Extraction- Yeah better than expected action flick. Wish Netflix would do more stuff like this with upcoming or established stars. I feel like there's definitely a void in the action movie genre.
    I recommend Polar with Mads Mikkelsen,and for over the top Michael Bay silly fun, 6 Underground.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I recommend Polar with Mads Mikkelsen,and for over the top Michael Bay silly fun, 6 Underground.

I usually like Michael Bay but I found Series 6 really hard to get through. Maybe too much Reynolds who I only like in certain things. I'll try Polar tho.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The Titanic just 40 minutes ago on MTV. I haven't watched anything on MTV since Fear. This is not a film that I was the least interested in when it came out and I have no attachment to it. It wasn't until the 2010s that I started watching it on TV when it came on. I'm really only interested in the movie because of the titanic itself and its victims and what they had endured during their final moments. I'm still not into the romance between Jack and Rose and the acting from the main cast still seems pretty bad to me as well as much of the dialogue. If it deserved Best Picture it may have deserved it for everything else IMHO.

Astonishing Member

Despicable Me 3.
    I thought the movie was entertaing and watched it all,not boring at all.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Watched Midway. It is so sad when you see a movie that has a good cast brought down by a bad director. Roland Emmerich is **** director and always has been. Yeah he can do good action, but he can't direct actors to save his life.

How would u rank the Batman movies. Out of the original I like Batman Forever slightly more than Batman Returns as my favorite. The Nolan o e with Bane is my fav (I think). Batman is just a freaking classic though.

I need to sit down and watch the latest Toy Story. Part three my fav.

The Minions were a bit with me. Didn't care much for Despicables.

I hearing good things about Extraction so I'll check that.

I just rewatched Due Date. Excellent movie. Everyone was on their A game. Highly recommend a d I wish RDJ did more of these.

War Dogs was another hit. Jonah is a great actor

Retired

Being in Canada, I couldn't find a link that worked for me to watch the PARKS AND RECREATION QUARANTINE SPECIAL, so I had to settle for a movie with Nick Offerman as the voiceover narrator--and I could totally believe it was Ron Swanson narrating the film. That film being FRANCES FERGUSON AND THE SUBSTITUTION (2019) directed by Bob Byington, starring Kaley Wheless. It has the dryest of dry humour and it snuck up on me. I chortled a few times. The narrator is a character in this movie, like Ron Howard's narrator is a character in ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. The movie reminded me of another director's work, but I couldn't put my finger on who that is.

Sunshine. So much potential. I dunno...I didn't really care much for that last act of the movie, but this movie gets so much right. It is a visual masterpiece.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/