Page 83 of 208 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3117
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    A Fist Full of Dollars - I really like the western genre. The more recent ones that I really, really love are: Unforgiven, Tombstone, Open Range...I didn't really like A Fist Full of Dollars.
    Try Brokeback Mountain, Crazy Heart, Hell or Highwater, No Country for Old Men and Hostiles

EDIT: also Ravenous, Bone Tomahawk
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 05-15-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Invincible Member

Extraction it was ok.

I Am Divine. A documentary about the cross dressing actor most famous for appearing in John Waters movies. Pretty intriguing.

Young Guns - Kind of a throwback to your typical western movies of the 1950s and 1960s. I rather liked Emilio Estevez as Billy the Kid.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

A Fist Full of Dollars - I really like the western genre. The more recent ones that I really, really love are: Unforgiven, Tombstone, Open Range...I didn't really like A Fist Full of Dollars.
    My two favourite westerns are Unforgiven (1992) and Once Upon A Time in the West (1968). So I'd definitely recommend the latter, if you've not seen it. Some other classic westerns would the Wild Bunch, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and High Noon.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    1. the Dark Knight
    2. Batman
    3. Batman Returns
    4. Batman Begins
    5. Batman 66
    6. Batman Forever
    7. the Dark Knight Rises
    8. Batman & Robin
    9. Batman v Superman
    YES. Glad you don't think better of BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post

Batman Begins
    Mask of the Phantasm
    Dark Knight
    Batman'89
    Lego Batman
    Dark Knight Returns (animated)
    Gotham by Gaslight
    Gotham Knight
    Batman'66
    Dark Knight Rises
    BvS
    Batman Returns
    Animated movies included, I will include:

Batman 66
    BATMAN
    Under the Red Hood
    The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Batman Begins
    Mask of the Phantasm
    The Batman vs Dracula (love that movie, and the series it is attached to)
    Batman (Brave & the Bold) and Scooby-Doo
    Batman/Superman: World's Finest
    Gotham by Gaslight
    Batman Forever
    Batman & Robin
    Batman Returns (weirdest and wackiest entry with Batman as the titular hero. I liked it this year, but it's a bad movie)

Blast From The Past - This is one of those rom-coms I really like. It's just very sweet.
    Isn't this title a blast from the past. I enjoyed it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yes, I really like that movie too.
    High fives to you too.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

My two favourite westerns are Unforgiven (1992) and Once Upon A Time in the West (1968). So I'd definitely recommend the latter, if you've not seen it. Some other classic westerns would the Wild Bunch, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and High Noon.
    Great choices...even if you don't like Fistful. Did you try the second and third one of the dollar trilogy?

Did anyone see the Horror Western Bone Tomahawk? I usually dislike genre mix like that, but that one had some gruesome horror scenes...When the guy split the cowboy in half with an axe I was like...WTF

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Great choices...even if you don't like Fistful. Did you try the second and third one of the dollar trilogy?

Did anyone see the Horror Western Bone Tomahawk? I usually dislike genre mix like that, but that one had some gruesome horror scenes...When the guy split the cowboy in half with an axe I was like...WTF
    Have you seen Ravenous??

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    YES. Glad you don't think better of BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    On the "Dollars Trilogy":
    1. A Fistful of Dollars (1964). I "like it" BUT it's a copycat remake of Yojimbo (1961) which is an AMAZING film. So I just watch Yojimbo if I want to see this story.
    2. For A Few Dollars More (1965). Still not seen it, you've actually reminded me I need to watch it. I'll try and do that tonight or tomorrow.
    3. the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966). Masterpiece, love it! A great Western, with a subversive political comment. I so, so, SO WISH we had got all three as the assassins at the start of Once Upon A Time in the West (1968) as was originally intended. *le sigh*
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

Have you seen Ravenous??
    Not yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Blasphemy!
    I know, I know...I wasn't trying to be controversial. Just didn't work for me.

Try Brokeback Mountain, Crazy Heart, Hell or Highwater, No Country for Old Men and Hostiles

EDIT: also Ravenous, Bone Tomahawk
    Crazy Heart? The one with Jeff Bridges? That's a western? I haven't see anything about it, except the poster but I thought that was a modern day movie.

I'll be honest, I watched Hell or High Water, but I didn't fully get it. I remember there was a lot of talks about what a great movie it was, but I think I missed the point of the movie. I did like the Taylor Sheridan written and directed "Wind River", but that isn't considered a western AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Young Guns - Kind of a throwback to your typical western movies of the 1950s and 1960s. I rather liked Emilio Estevez as Billy the Kid.
    Call me uncultured, but I thought Young Guns II was the superior movie. I recently watched Young Guns, but I remember more of II. Estevez is really good in both movies, IMO.

Yeah, I'll need to check out some of those. I watched Slow West a few months after it was released, but it didn't give me right vibes.

Last watched: Star Trek Nemesis. Felt like the cast had all but lost interest by this point, but man...did their chemistry still shine through. That scene at the end where B4 tries to sing "Blue Skies" definitely gives me the feels.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Last watched: Star Trek Nemesis. Felt like the cast had all but lost interest by this point, but man...did their chemistry still shine through. That scene at the end where B4 tries to sing "Blue Skies" definitely gives me the feels.
    It had so many underrated moments. I LOVED Picard flying the Enterprise into the Romulan warbird as the ultimate f*ck you move! That was SO SO GOOD! It's been awhile since I've watched it, I liked many things. I liked giving Troi more to do, I loved Romulans as a villain, I liked the eerie bat-people, I liked so many of the ideas. The execution was a little lacking. Pity. Still a decent film.

It had so many underrated moments. I LOVED Picard flying the Enterprise into the Romulan warbird as the ultimate f*ck you move! That was SO SO GOOD! It's been awhile since I've watched it, I liked many things. I liked giving Troi more to do, I loved Romulans as a villain, I liked the eerie bat-people, I liked so many of the ideas. The execution was a little lacking. Pity. Still a decent film.
    Agreed. The execution was lacking. I think you nailed it on the head. I'm kind of surprised Frakes didn't get to direct this last movie. I think they knew it was going to be the last one and Frakes did deliver the excellent "First Contact" and, IMO, the hidden gem of lighthearted sci-fi comedy "Clockstoppers". Maybe the studio didn't like what he delivered with Insurrection, because that movie is boring as Hell.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Agreed. The execution was lacking. I think you nailed it on the head. I'm kind of surprised Frakes didn't get to direct this last movie. I think they knew it was going to be the last one and Frakes did deliver the excellent "First Contact" and, IMO, the hidden gem of lighthearted sci-fi comedy "Clockstoppers". Maybe the studio didn't like what he delivered with Insurrection, because that movie is boring as Hell.
    I assume Star Trek: Insurrection hurt his chances, but he did direct several episodes of Picard though, so it's not like they were that mad. Maybe he didn't want to, I don't know? Or they felt it needed more action so hired that action heavy director? Either way, Frakes directed (in my opinion) THE BEST Trek film. So he'll always be a-okay with me. Oh Insurrection... I... think it was technically better than Nemesis, but as you say... so dull. I loved Donna Murphy in it, though. She and Stewart had great chemistry. And F. Murray Abraham did a good job in a rather dull role. It was no Shakespeare spouting Klingon.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Animated movies included, I will include:

Batman 66
    BATMAN
    Under the Red Hood
    The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Batman Begins
    Mask of the Phantasm
    The Batman vs Dracula (love that movie, and the series it is attached to)
    Batman (Brave & the Bold) and Scooby-Doo
    Batman/Superman: World's Finest
    Gotham by Gaslight
    Batman Forever
    Batman & Robin
    Batman Returns (weirdest and wackiest entry with Batman as the titular hero. I liked it this year, but it's a bad movie)
    Yesterday I watched Batman v Dracula for the 1st time and it was way better than I expected. Good recommendation

Retired

Either way, Frakes directed (in my opinion) THE BEST Trek film.
    Well, it's your opinion and I'm going to assume you mean the best TNG movie. Those all blur together for me and I could not give a plot summary for any of them. The obvious greatest movie trilogy is THE WRATH OF KHAN, THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK and THE VOYAGE HOME. Extra points for those movie titles, because they are the plot summary--so it's the easiest thing to remember what they're about.

My complaint about all the Trek movies is that they are set up for failure, because they're hamstrung with giving enough screen time to each crew member. Where the TV episodes never did that. How boring would Trek on TV have been if each episode had to give sufficient screen time to each character, regardless of how important they were to a given plot. For that reason, the best movies can never be as good as the best TV episodes.