Page 88 of 208 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3109

I starting to just watch the first thing on my various streams and saw The Help yesterday.

For the first time. The acting was on point esp from the main actresses (Viola) from the emotions of her caring nature to her job as a maid and so on. Good movie.

Also Just Mercy is current free on Google Play and Redbox

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Christopher Nolan listed Blade Runner as inspiration for Batman Begins and Dark Knight was inspired by Heat. I wish that would make audiences seek out older movies instead of subscribing to Netflix and treat movies like fast food.

Joker had a boring, depressing first half and this is what stops me from treating it like the second coming of comic book movies. Its second half I enjoyed immensely. Maybe Todd Philips can use William Friedkin as inspiration next
    Hmm, what super hero would work in a French Connection setting?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Practically all my favourites: Daredevil, Punisher, Batman and all the Gotham cops, Question, Jessica Jones, maybe even Green Arrow and Spider-Woman

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post
    I starting to just watch the first thing on my various streams and saw The Help yesterday.

For the first time. The acting was on point esp from the main actresses (Viola) from the emotions of her caring nature to her job as a maid and so on. Good movie.

Just Mercy for free? Cool! I wanted to see that in the theater before the world turned upside down but didn’t make it. Thanks for the heads up.

Joker had a boring, depressing first half and this is what stops me from treating it like the second coming of comic book movies. Its second half I enjoyed immensely. Maybe Todd Philips can use William Friedkin as inspiration next
    Seriously. Fake Scorcese is still better than a good 90 percent of what gets churned out of Hollywood.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That has never been a good argument, and it never will be.

Christopher Nolan listed Blade Runner as inspiration for Batman Begins and Dark Knight was inspired by Heat. I wish that would make audiences seek out older movies instead of subscribing to Netflix and treat movies like fast food.

I love mostly genre movies, so a lot of science fiction, fantasy, action, etc. I'm also a big believer of repeat viewings. So a lot of the movies I watch, I own on blu-ray or DVD.

I love extras, too. I like going through my blu-rays and DVDs to listen to commentaries, check out deleted scenes, BTS stuff, etc. I remember when the Iron Man blu-ray came out, my friend told me to buy it. He bought the steelbook, because he loved how it looked and felt. Even though I didn't have a blu-ray player at the time, I bought the Iron Man blu-ray...not the steelbook. When I finally got a PS3, I remember checking out the extras and I was floored by how much stuff there was. In comparison, all the extras are absolute **** ever since Disney started producing Marvel Studios movies. Absolutely atrocious. I bought the Winter Soldier and Batman '89 blu-ray steelbooks on the same day and spent 2 hours going through the Batman '89 extra content. To say that the Winter Soldier extras were subpar would be an understatement.

With Netflix, I get a lot of the "direct to video" type movies that I used to love from places like Blockbuster or the local movie rental places. I like having Netflix, but for the full movie experience, I buy my movies.

While I see a lot of upsides to having a Netflix account, I do see what you are saying with your fast food analogy.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    LOL, that's some pretty yuppie looking clothing there. isn't Gene Hackman supposed to be in there somewhere? ;-)

if they did another Netflix season of Punisher inspired by the French Connection I'd be down with that.

as much as I like Batman I would rather see the Question in this sort of homage scenario.

For the first time ever, I finally watched The Wraith. First- great soundtrack. Second- the scene at the end when Jake gives his brother his car is very touching- until you realize that car is wanted in several homicides.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post

It's free to rent on iTunes as well.

Astonishing Member

Watched Ford vs. Ferrari or Le Mans 66 as it called over here.

Bale and Damon were great as always, and the movie kept my blood pumping. I am not interested in racing or car movies, but this one was so interesting I didn't even took a look at my watch for the whole 152 minutes or how long it ran.

Now, this was only a small part of the history of Ford vs Ferrari, and that its an American movie we get the one time America won. All the other times Ferrari beat them. As an underdog story it was pretty good.

If there were a European version of that movie it would have looked wildly different. I mean from the point of view of Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Watched Ford vs. Ferrari or Le Mans 66 as it called over here.

Bale and Damon were great as always, and the movie kept my blood pumping. I am not interested in racing or car movies, but this one was so interesting I didn't even took a look at my watch for the whole 152 minutes or how long it ran.

Now, this was only a small part of the history of Ford vs Ferrari, and that its an American movie we get the one time America won. All the other times Ferrari beat them. As an underdog story it was pretty good.

If there were a European version of that movie it would have looked wildly different. I mean from the point of view of Ferrari.
    Ferrari winning is not a story. They are the preeminent racing team on Earth. They spend more on racing than any other company outside of Mercedes. Watching Ferrari win is kind of boring. That a guy from Texas could come out of nowhere and beat them is a great story.
    But if you asked me if I would rather have a Shelby GT or a Ferrari 250, I would a have a hard time deciding.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just Mercy, free on Prime. Powerful true story. I see why they are free streaming it today, very relevant. I would say in the 30 years since the story took place, there has been very little progress.

The Coneheads movie. For my money, this is a great film. Very underrated. And timely for today, since it deals directly with issues of racial and cultural identity and the struggles of those who are "different" in their society.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I love mostly genre movies, so a lot of science fiction, fantasy, action, etc. I'm also a big believer of repeat viewings. So a lot of the movies I watch, I own on blu-ray or DVD.

I love extras, too. I like going through my blu-rays and DVDs to listen to commentaries, check out deleted scenes, BTS stuff, etc. I remember when the Iron Man blu-ray came out, my friend told me to buy it. He bought the steelbook, because he loved how it looked and felt. Even though I didn't have a blu-ray player at the time, I bought the Iron Man blu-ray...not the steelbook. When I finally got a PS3, I remember checking out the extras and I was floored by how much stuff there was. In comparison, all the extras are absolute **** ever since Disney started producing Marvel Studios movies. Absolutely atrocious. I bought the Winter Soldier and Batman '89 blu-ray steelbooks on the same day and spent 2 hours going through the Batman '89 extra content. To say that the Winter Soldier extras were subpar would be an understatement.

With Netflix, I get a lot of the "direct to video" type movies that I used to love from places like Blockbuster or the local movie rental places. I like having Netflix, but for the full movie experience, I buy my movies.

While I see a lot of upsides to having a Netflix account, I do see what you are saying with your fast food analogy.
    Thanks, made my day