Page 89 of 206 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3086
    Retired

THE UNTOLD STORY (2019), directed by Shane Stanley, starring Barry van Dyke as a washed up actor trying to get his life back together. It's a modest little movie, but it's delightful in its knowing look at the unglamorous side of Hollywood. Van Dyke is wonderful as the older actor who used to have a big career--he exudes a certain decency that is quite touching. I hope people will give this movie a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post
    I wanted to like this so much more than I actually did. To some degree I ruined it for myself by watching a ton of interviews with the cast and crew before I saw the film. (I usually do that afterwards.) So I saw every story beat coming and nothing really moved me. I respect the good intentions and it was all perfectly competent and earnest...but not riveting. I’m a fan of Michael B. Jordan, but I think he was miscast. He was not credible for most of the film. The real Bryan Stevenson is hugely charismatic. I know MBJ was portraying him from thirty years ago but he brought no sparks.

The one bit that did get me choked up was the real-life footage in the closing credits of the person portrayed by O’Shea Jackson Jr. being released after thirty years. That was a cathartic moment like none in the film.
    Last edited by Largo161; 06-04-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Invincible Member

Clown Lady and DC Girl Gang. I didn't have super high expectations so I was able to enjoy the movie for want it was. It didn't have a great script and the mcguffin was kinda dumb, but cool visuals and charming actors made up for it. Mary Elizabeth Winstead as the Crossbow Killer won me over even though she didn't have a ton of screen time.

I'm rewatching Motherless Brooklyn. Its a fun detective flick.

Lovebirds on Netflix. A pleasant way to spend a Saturday night.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Watched all the Star Wars movies. I don't know why I do this to myself as I'm not a fan, always tried to join in but could never feel love for this franchise. The good thing about this run is that I changed my mind about Bane in The Dark Knight Rises being a better villain than Darth Vader, they're pretty much the same, Bane is a Darth Vader clone.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm rewatching Motherless Brooklyn. Its a fun detective flick.
    I always am looking for a detective-mystery movie to watch on Sunday, so I watched MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN after you mentioned it here. Quite a good movie--fun? I wouldn't say that, since I took it seriously.

"Urban renewal" was a big thing in the 1950s and 1960s and developers convinced cities to expropriate the land where the lower classes lived. They called those lower class homes urban blight. Developers came up with all kinds of fancy arguments why people should be forced out of their houses, so the city could put through freeways and such. They did this in Vancouver--putting viaducts through Hogan's Alley which was the African-Canadian neighbourhood (where Jimi Hendrix had lived with his gramma when he was a child) and totally uprooting all the people that lived there. And they were going to put the freeway right through our neighbourhood so it would join up with the viaducts--they had already done some development to that end--yet somehow our community was able to stop it from happening before all our houses were bulldozed. Still a lot of people, whose lives had no value to the rich folks, lost their homes and ended up in ugly housing projects.

I saw 1917 tonight. I'm sorry to say that I wasn't all that impressed. I mean it looked good but it just didn't draw me in that much. Hell, I actually fell asleep before they hit the 45 minute mark.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The Coneheads movie. For my money, this is a great film. Very underrated. And timely for today, since it deals directly with issues of racial and cultural identity and the struggles of those who are "different" in their society.
    Every time I hear 'Tainted Love', I think of this movie.

I try to force my kids to watch......they only like r2d2. They elementary age btw. I'm not a fan of the new Star wars trilogy that came out recently because I felt the firatovie was a rehash and it turn me off to the rest along with Solo death.

Vader doesn't really do anything. He's just menacing.

Astonishing Member

Last days of American crime: It was way too long. The runtime was unnecessary and it felt tedious at some point. Not the biggest fan of that movie. A one time watch.

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones: The least good of that series. I really love PA but this was a bit weak.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Last days of American crime: It was way too long. The runtime was unnecessary and it felt tedious at some point. Not the biggest fan of that movie. A one time watch.

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones: The least good of that series. I really love PA but this was a bit weak.
    It is being savaged in the reviews.
    https://bgr.com/2020/06/07/whats-new...merican-crime/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It is being savaged in the reviews.
    https://bgr.com/2020/06/07/whats-new...merican-crime/
    Yeah, really.

I don't know why movies today have such a long runtime. It causes more problems than it helps, because you have to hold the interest of the viewer for very long. In these times, where the attention span of the viewer is definitely lower, because everything goes so fast or short (YouTube clips, internet etc.) movies should be paced better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Every time I hear 'Tainted Love', I think of this movie.
    Gnarfle the Garthok!

That song and Kodachrome for me.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-08-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.