Page 90 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3085
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Last days of American crime: It was way too long. The runtime was unnecessary and it felt tedious at some point. Not the biggest fan of that movie. A one time watch.

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones: The least good of that series. I really love PA but this was a bit weak.
    I was a fan of the comic, but when I read it I thought it would be less fun in live action cuz it sorta felt like Tarantino imitation only less clever.

Would you say is the problem that the film is poorly made or is it just boring? Or both?

Watched Ford vs. Ferrari or Le Mans 66 as it called over here.

Bale and Damon were great as always, and the movie kept my blood pumping. I am not interested in racing or car movies, but this one was so interesting I didn't even took a look at my watch for the whole 152 minutes or how long it ran.

Now, this was only a small part of the history of Ford vs Ferrari, and that its an American movie we get the one time America won. All the other times Ferrari beat them. As an underdog story it was pretty good.

If there were a European version of that movie it would have looked wildly different. I mean from the point of view of Ferrari.
    My past experience with James Mangold movies made me think that I would hate Ford vs. Ferrari. I remember watching the 3:10 to Yuma remake with Bale and Crowe being pretty boring. Same with the Wolverine and Logan.

I could not believe that I watched the entirety of Ford vs. Ferrari and was ready for a longer run time. The movie was that fantastic, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Thanks, made my day

Recently watched:

Deep Rising - I love cheesy monster movies. I always get a kick out of how stupid, but fun Deep Rising is.
    Road House - So ridiculous, but such a great time.
    GI Joe: Retalliation - I found this movie to be the better of the two Joe movies. Casting Ray Park as Snake Eyes just goes to show you how great it is to be good at action, but also how sucky it can be to not have a heavy "Hollywood" voice.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I was a fan of the comic, but when I read it I thought it would be less fun in live action cuz it sorta felt like Tarantino imitation only less clever.

Would you say is the problem that the film is poorly made or is it just boring? Or both?
    Both...and I didn't even read the comic, so I wasn't even biased.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Arfguy;5002177]My past experience with James Mangold movies made me think that I would hate Ford vs. Ferrari. I remember watching the 3:10 to Yuma remake with Bale and Crowe being pretty boring. Same with the Wolverine and Logan.

I could not believe that I watched the entirety of Ford vs. Ferrari and was ready for a longer run time. The movie was that fantastic, IMO.

Thats what I initially thought, too. James Mangold, the guy who destroyed the Deadpool character in the first Wolverine movie and made the second one so boring I almost fell asleep.
    I said to my wife when the movie started and I saw his name, that this movie will suck. I changed my mind faster than a Ferrari can drive.

Retired

Returning to what I said before about watching MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN. When I saw Ethan Suplee in this movie, it made me sad, because it reminded me of an article I had read about him a few months before.

He had done all this work to get a body size that made him happy. But he couldn't get work. So he packed the pounds back on--as I could see in MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN. It doesn't seem right that someone should have to sacrifice their personal goals for the sake of earning a living.

https://people.com/health/ethan-supl...e-weight-loss/

But when he returned to acting a few years later, hundreds of pounds lighter, he said that it was more difficult for him to find work.

“At some point I was like, ‘Well f—, I’m just gonna get fat again because maybe it’ll be better for work,'” he said. “And honestly, it was.”

Last night I watched Edge of Tomorrow. As a scifi thriller, its ok. Certainly could have been worse, not sure it could have been better.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

[QUOTE=DanMad1977;5002744]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    My past experience with James Mangold movies made me think that I would hate Ford vs. Ferrari. I remember watching the 3:10 to Yuma remake with Bale and Crowe being pretty boring. Same with the Wolverine and Logan.

Thats what I initially thought, too. James Mangold, the guy who destroyed the Deadpool character in the first Wolverine movie and made the second one so boring I almost fell asleep.
    I said to my wife when the movie started and I saw his name, that this movie will suck. I changed my mind faster than a Ferrari can drive.
    Question: When you say destroyed Deadpool in the “first Wolverine movie” are you referring to X-Men Origins: Wolverine? What did Mangold have to do with that?

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Largo161;5003620]

Question: When you say destroyed Deadpool in the “first Wolverine movie” are you referring to X-Men Origins: Wolverine? What did Mangold have to do with that?
    I thought it was his idea. Correct me if I am wrong

[QUOTE=DanMad1977;5004121]
    Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post

I thought it was his idea. Correct me if I am wrong
    You are wrong. Mangold had nothing to do with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". He was not involved with that movie in any way.

You should watch Cop Land, Mangold's first film. Very good and one of Stallones best performances.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

[QUOTE=Kirby101;5004153]

You are wrong. Mangold had nothing to do with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". He was not involved with that movie in any way.

You should watch Cop Land, Mangold's first film. Very good and one of Stallones best performances.
    I saw that. If I remember correctly, the actors took pay cuts in order to get it made because the material was so strong.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Kirby101;5004153]

Ok, I take it back, but still curse whoever was resonsible for that decision.

I watched Copland. Great movie, and one of the few times besides Rocky where Stallone shows his acting skills.

Retired

I don't think Ryan Reynolds suffered any harm for being in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE or in GREEN LANTERN (where he first met his now wife and mother of his children). Nor do I think George Clooney suffered for being in BATMAN AND ROBIN. Or Halle Barry for being in CATWOMAN.

I'm sure there are actors whose lives were ruined by certain movies. But some stars have only profitted by proving to Hollywood executives that they are team players and will make career sacrifices, which then often leads to greater rewards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't think Ryan Reynolds suffered any harm for being in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE or in GREEN LANTERN (where he first met his now wife and mother of his children). Nor do I think George Clooney suffered for being in BATMAN AND ROBIN. Or Halle Barry for being in CATWOMAN.

I'm sure there are actors whose lives were ruined by certain movies. But some stars have only profitted by proving to Hollywood executives that they are team players and will make career sacrifices, which then often leads to greater rewards.
    Yes, that's true but not my point (if you were referring to me, if not that's also fine). My point was, who had the "great idea" of Wolverine Origins Deadpool? Sometimes changes doesn't make sense. Its as if someone wants to destroy a character. There are many more I could pinpoint to.

I don't think Ryan Reynolds suffered any harm for being in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE or in GREEN LANTERN
    The dude has been in so many bad movies that at this point he is pretty much immune.

I very glad for him that he finally enjoyed some success cause man, he sure has tried and never gave up.

I think the reason neither Clooney nor Barry ever suffered for those movies was because they immediately owned up to how bad they were. Clooney was always upfront with reporters about how Batman and Robin sucked, and he sucked in it. And Barry famously accepted her Razzie for Catwoman in person and pretty much roasted everyone involved in the making of that movie, including herself.