Page 97 of 208 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3110
    Astonishing Member

Yes, part 2 and 3 are entirely forgettable. Sly is just the poster guy for promotion. Same with Backtrace, another of Sly´s short apperances ...I don't know why he is doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Yes, part 2 and 3 are entirely forgettable. Sly is just the poster guy for promotion. Same with Backtrace, another of Sly´s short apperances ...I don't know why he is doing that.
    $$$ (10 char)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    $$$ (10 char)
    In Stallone's case it makes me scratch my head. I don't know anything about his private life but I guess he doesn't need the money like say Nic Cage. He has his Academy Award and is a much better actor than many action heroes (Copland). Is Sly bored? He's actively damaging his "brand" with cameos like that.

To quote a recent book title, for some "Too Much is Never Enough".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Rewatched PALM SPRINGS. Can never get enough Cristin Milioti.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Watched Desperados on Netflix the other night. Not a bad romcom and it was fun seeing Nasim Pedrad and Lamorne Morris (Ally and Winston from New Girl) working together again. Anna Camp and Sarah Burns were also really funny as the best friends.

I was at a friend's house and we watched "The Big Hit" on Netflix. Such a stupid movie, but so much fun. Lou Diamond Phillips chews every scene he's on.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Invincible Member

The Outrageous Adventures of Aqua-BroDude I enjoyed it for the most part, but thought it could have been better if they trimmed about 20 minutes.

The Old Guard. I actually thought it was pretty meh. It felt like pilot for a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The Outrageous Adventures of Aqua-BroDude I enjoyed it for the most part, but thought it could have been better if they trimmed about 20 minutes.

The Old Guard. I actually thought it was pretty meh. It felt like pilot for a TV show.
    Not as good as the comic, as I explained elsewhere. Did not like the changes.

More movies watched: The Last Samurai

Extraordinary Member

Fatal Affair with Omar Epps and Nia Long. Pretty good soap opera thriller.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED NONSENSE
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

A friend recommended "Splice". I had never watched that movie, so I ended up watching it over the weekend. Pretty good sci-fi thriller.

I watched Vivarium last night.

I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but I also wouldn't say it wasn't a good movie?

It's hardly subtle, and it's hardly an original notion, so I guess I wish it did something a little... different? I liked parts of it, or aspects of it. Everyone in it was good. I don't think it was intended to be an enjoyable experience, so maybe I "liked" it just the way you're supposed to.

I don' t know.

Finally watched this Alex Garland movie, and it's cool and interesting, but not my favorite of his work. I will say that the best time to watch it is at night, when everyone else is asleep, in a stormy night. Trust me, do it.

In case the image doesn't appear to you, the movie is ANNIHILATION (2018).
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage