Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Anime Discussion Part II

So the previous thread "Anime Talk" is closed. Well, Matt did tell us to create new threads.

Okay, let's begin the Anime Discussion anew.

I have finished watching all 12 episodes of the anime Kokkoku: Moment by Moment in a few nights. It was a good thriller show.
    It has been a while since I completed an anime series.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Season 3 of Attack On Titan justwent up on the Funimation site, but just the Japanese version, minus subtitles. I’ll wait for the full season dub.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Answering a comment from the previous thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So they screwed up the timing of the speech? Man, this season is really not doing a good job at adapting things. It's little things but they pile up.
    Eh, it's a matter of perspective I guess.

The speech is put at the end of the episode and exactly at the same spot as in manga, when Bakugou starts his fight with Seiji and Izuku acts as bait so that Ochako and Hanta can catch their opponents. There's even a cool ending shot of the two of them smiling in excitement.

But the episode also showed Momo and Shoji taking some inspiration from their interactions with Izuku. The best Bakugou gets is like Kirishima pushing him away from Seiji's attack.

So with what was shown in this episode alone, the speech fits Izuku better than Bakugou.

Astonishing Member

i just watched the anime Island episode 2. all I can say is the mystery just got deeper than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    i just watched the anime Island episode 2. all I can say is the mystery just got deeper than I expected.
    I've been kinda sorta on the fence about this show. Perhaps I'll give it a looksee tonight and see if it'll interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've been kinda sorta on the fence about this show. Perhaps I'll give it a looksee tonight and see if it'll interest me.
    Well, I did watch the first two episodes of Island last night. Man! Talk about mysteries and weird stuff all over the place! Seriously intriguing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU47nhruN-Q

Saw this gem yesterday. Gorgeous. The visuals are magnificient, the music is incredible, the story is powerful... You need to watch this one!

Astonishing Member

Season 3 of Attack On Titan justwent up on the Funimation site, but just the Japanese version, minus subtitles. I’ll wait for the full season dub.
    It'll air on Toonami starting on the 18th

Astonishing Member

Well, I did watch the first two episodes of Island last night. Man! Talk about mysteries and weird stuff all over the place! Seriously intriguing!
    Yes, it is a rather decent thriller without death or blooddshed.

Rinne is the cutest of the three girls. Karen is okay, too. I like Karen's spunk. The last girl is the least interesting of the three girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU47nhruN-Q

Saw this gem yesterday. Gorgeous. The visuals are magnificient, the music is incredible, the story is powerful... You need to watch this one!
    Definitely a cool movie with a great soundtrack. I've lost count to how many times I've listened to it. This and A Silent Voice were the best movies to come out that year.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Man, when Gintama gets serious, it becomes strangely more beautiful.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

So is AoT season 3 where they start getting into all the stupid human political drama that's only made slightly bearable by Levi being a total badass? I think I got to where reveal of how Eren got his Titan powers and all my interest in the manga just died because of how huge a slog it was.

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So is AoT season 3 where they start getting into all the stupid human political drama that's only made slightly bearable by Levi being a total badass? I think I got to where reveal of how Eren got his Titan powers and all my interest in the manga just died because of how huge a slog it was.
    The anime is supposed to be increasing the pace for exactly the reasons you describe, and the mangaka not only approves, but is helping write a tighter story with the anime script team.

Ultimate Member

Oddly I don't like anime that are to Japanese, by that I mean if it's like old days of Japan and ninja's and samurai or such...I like the more modern day or in the future ones...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Oddly I don't like anime that are to Japanese, by that I mean if it's like old days of Japan and ninja's and samurai or such...I like the more modern day or in the future ones...
    Period pieces ain't your thing?