Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 573
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,576

    Default Anime Discussion Part II

    So the previous thread "Anime Talk" is closed. Well, Matt did tell us to create new threads.

    Okay, let's begin the Anime Discussion anew.

    I have finished watching all 12 episodes of the anime Kokkoku: Moment by Moment in a few nights. It was a good thriller show.
    It has been a while since I completed an anime series.

  2. #2
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,860

    Default

    Season 3 of Attack On Titan justwent up on the Funimation site, but just the Japanese version, minus subtitles. I’ll wait for the full season dub.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,247

    Default

    Answering a comment from the previous thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So they screwed up the timing of the speech? Man, this season is really not doing a good job at adapting things. It's little things but they pile up.
    Eh, it's a matter of perspective I guess.

    The speech is put at the end of the episode and exactly at the same spot as in manga, when Bakugou starts his fight with Seiji and Izuku acts as bait so that Ochako and Hanta can catch their opponents. There's even a cool ending shot of the two of them smiling in excitement.

    But the episode also showed Momo and Shoji taking some inspiration from their interactions with Izuku. The best Bakugou gets is like Kirishima pushing him away from Seiji's attack.

    So with what was shown in this episode alone, the speech fits Izuku better than Bakugou.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    i just watched the anime Island episode 2. all I can say is the mystery just got deeper than I expected.

  5. #5
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    i just watched the anime Island episode 2. all I can say is the mystery just got deeper than I expected.
    I've been kinda sorta on the fence about this show. Perhaps I'll give it a looksee tonight and see if it'll interest me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  6. #6
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've been kinda sorta on the fence about this show. Perhaps I'll give it a looksee tonight and see if it'll interest me.
    Well, I did watch the first two episodes of Island last night. Man! Talk about mysteries and weird stuff all over the place! Seriously intriguing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Naked Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    854

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU47nhruN-Q

    Saw this gem yesterday. Gorgeous. The visuals are magnificient, the music is incredible, the story is powerful... You need to watch this one!

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Season 3 of Attack On Titan justwent up on the Funimation site, but just the Japanese version, minus subtitles. I’ll wait for the full season dub.
    It'll air on Toonami starting on the 18th

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, I did watch the first two episodes of Island last night. Man! Talk about mysteries and weird stuff all over the place! Seriously intriguing!
    Yes, it is a rather decent thriller without death or blooddshed.

    Rinne is the cutest of the three girls. Karen is okay, too. I like Karen's spunk. The last girl is the least interesting of the three girls.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU47nhruN-Q

    Saw this gem yesterday. Gorgeous. The visuals are magnificient, the music is incredible, the story is powerful... You need to watch this one!
    Definitely a cool movie with a great soundtrack. I've lost count to how many times I've listened to it. This and A Silent Voice were the best movies to come out that year.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

  11. #11

    Default

    Man, when Gintama gets serious, it becomes strangely more beautiful.

    .


    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    So is AoT season 3 where they start getting into all the stupid human political drama that's only made slightly bearable by Levi being a total badass? I think I got to where reveal of how Eren got his Titan powers and all my interest in the manga just died because of how huge a slog it was.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So is AoT season 3 where they start getting into all the stupid human political drama that's only made slightly bearable by Levi being a total badass? I think I got to where reveal of how Eren got his Titan powers and all my interest in the manga just died because of how huge a slog it was.
    The anime is supposed to be increasing the pace for exactly the reasons you describe, and the mangaka not only approves, but is helping write a tighter story with the anime script team.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,135

    Default

    Oddly I don't like anime that are to Japanese, by that I mean if it's like old days of Japan and ninja's and samurai or such...I like the more modern day or in the future ones...

  15. #15
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Oddly I don't like anime that are to Japanese, by that I mean if it's like old days of Japan and ninja's and samurai or such...I like the more modern day or in the future ones...
    Period pieces ain't your thing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •