Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started a new show on Funimation last night, Smile Down The Runway. High schooler Chiyuki Fujito's dream is to be a Paris fashion model representing her father's fledgling modeling agency. However, at just 158cm tall (barely over five feet), she's deemed too short for the runway, despite her talent as a model. But, that doesn't stop Chiyuki, and with the help of a poor classmate who's a wizard at designing clothes, she's determined to make her dream come true. This is just the sort of underdog story with a spunky, likable heroine that greatly appeals to me.

d2568ca00569e11f866f0e7f5a8cd5671578690958_full.jpg
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-22-2020 at 04:16 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Started a new show on Funimation last night called ID: Invaded which can be best described (well, described by me anyway) as Inception meets Criminal Minds, and it's plenty intriguing!

Poster makes me think I'm seeing Natsu Dragneel in cyberspace.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Crunchyroll just got the rights to Lovely Complex, if anyone has ever been interested in that particular romcom.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Crunchyroll just got the rights to Lovely Complex, if anyone has ever been interested in that particular romcom.
    Wow! That show goes back a few moons, 2007 to be exact. Still, I'll give it a watch as I enjoy a good romcom.

Extraordinary Member

The new OP for My Hero Academia is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The new OP for My Hero Academia is fantastic!

Yeah, that was pretty darn cool!

Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar

I remember that. A fun little series, and yeah, from way back.

Currently re-watching Ranma 1/2. One of my all time favorite series.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Finished watching Carole and Tuesday last weekend, doubt I could say anything that hasn't already been said. But I enjoyed it very much, delightful pictures moving to lovely sounds.

Started Cells at Work a bit afterwards, it was amusing for a few episodes, but got old before long. Binge watching is got me through the first eight episodes, but I don't think I'll continue with it.

I started Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! this morning as well. It's rather entertaining so far, the character dynamics are working for me, and the core concept reminds me of when I was in animation school. It's nice to see aspects of your work depicted with such enthusiasm. I may have not touched animation paper in years but it's pretty exciting to flip sheets through your hands, and actually produce a good result.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 01-26-2020 at 10:02 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Alienated - Die - Far Sector - New Mutants - Once & Future - Runaways - RWBY - X-Men

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Finished watching Carole and Tuesday last weekend, doubt I could say anything that hasn't already been said. But I enjoyed it very much, delightful pictures moving to lovely sounds.

Started Cells at Work a bit afterwards, it was amusing for a few episodes, but got old before long. Binge watching is got me through the first eight episodes, but I don't think I'll continue with it.

I started Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! this morning as well. It's rather entertaining so far, the character dynamics are working for me, and the core concept reminds me of when I was in animation school. It's nice to see aspects of your work depicted with such enthusiasm. I may have not touched animation paper in years but it's pretty exciting to flip sheets through your hands, and actually produce a good result.
    I enjoyed Cells at Work! but I didn't binge the show either. I don't think I could take more than 3 episodes in a sitting, tops. There are a few shows I greatly enjoyed that I cou,d never binge, with Sweetness and Lightning being another that comes to mind.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Currently re-watching Ranma 1/2. One of my all time favorite series.
    Ranma 1/2 is my favorite, as well.

Rumiko Takahashi is a genius.

Ranma 1/2 (S:1 - OP:1)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-26-2020 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

Yeah, I gave Cells at Work a shot too. Funny, light-hearted, but not really a binge kind of show. I got about 3 episodes in myself before I had to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Ranma 1/2 is my favorite, as well.

Rumiko Takahashi is a genius.

Ranma 1/2 (S:1 - OP)
    You fast posted me, but season 1 opening of Ranma 1/2 is my favorite anime opening ever. And the manga, back in junior high, helped me get through my time with pneumonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You fast posted me, but season 1 opening of Ranma 1/2 is my favorite anime opening ever. And the manga, back in junior high, helped me get through my time with pneumonia.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Jackalope89.

Also, sorry about "fast-posting" you.

Hopefully, you're not mad.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-26-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Jackalope89.

Also, sorry about "fast-posting" you.

Hopefully, you're not mad.
    Nope. Once you face the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High, in one on one combat, all shall be forgiven!

I enjoyed Cells at Work! but I didn't binge the show either. I don't think I could take more than 3 episodes in a sitting, tops. There are a few shows I greatly enjoyed that I cou,d never binge, with Sweetness and Lightning being another that comes to mind.
    Same with me. The only show I’ve binged, and that was infrequently was My Hero Academia.