Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    I really like how they’ve been developing Bakugo in My Hero Academia. He was an arrogant prick at the start of the series, which made sense because he has an amazing ability. But what we didn’t see until later is that he worked his tail off to use his ability to tremendously great effect for all those years before he even set foot in U.A. High School because he aspired to be as great a hero as All Might. Both he and Midoriya are the hardest working students in the class (the others are striving pretty hard too, but must didn’t up their game until both Bakugo and Midoriya started inspiring them to do so).

Midoriya and Bakugo are kind of like Daniel and Johnny in Cobra Kai, they have a lot more in common than either wants to admit. Both have started to realize that there is more to being a hero than being the best and though neither likes it, they are understanding that others do look up to them now and follow them as leaders. The rivalry with Bakugo is one of the primary reasons Midoriya has become as great a hero as he is. Heroes are judged by their villains and rivals, and Bakugo is an outstanding rival for Midoriya.

Plus, like Endeavor, Bakugo’s a hell of a lot smarter than a lot of people give him credit for. I dig him and am similarly hyped for the new movie.

It’s entirely possible that Bakugo, Midoriya, Shoto, and all the others will soon realize that hero rankings are meaningless and that the only thing that really matters is being the best hero one can be and striving to always improve oneself.
    My main issue with Bakugo, and Deku I guess, is mainly with the lack of attention that the series has given to his previous bullying tendencies (especially towards Deku) and that it doesn't seem to have had much of an impact on their relationship.

Like, I understand fully that Deku admires Bakugo for his confidence and impressive abilities. But him being so friendly, boderline co-dependent and having basically no resentment towards the guy who was an massive asshole towards him for their entire childhood seems so off to me. It doesn't help that Bakugo has never shown any regret towards that behavior and nobody has ever really called him out on it (I'm aware that there's like a special chapter where Uraraka confront Bakugo about and says that the two of them should be friends, but that's not nearly enough).

Everything else about Bakugo is so well written that I find this issue to be so very glaring to me. And it just feels that where Horikoshi wants them to be in their relationship isn't really earned since this issue hasn't been properly addressed. It's why I prefer Deku's rivalry with Todoroki and Shinso, they're just so much healthier and complete at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A-KO was kind of remade as "Kill La Kill" in a sense.
    Wow. Mind totally blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My main issue with Bakugo, and Deku I guess, is mainly with the lack of attention that the series has given to his previous bullying tendencies (especially towards Deku) and that it doesn't seem to have had much of an impact on their relationship.

Like, I understand fully that Deku admires Bakugo for his confidence and impressive abilities. But him being so friendly, boderline co-dependent and having basically no resentment towards the guy who was an massive asshole towards him for their entire childhood seems so off to me. It doesn't help that Bakugo has never shown any regret towards that behavior and nobody has ever really called him out on it (I'm aware that there's like a special chapter where Uraraka confront Bakugo about and says that the two of them should be friends, but that's not nearly enough).

Everything else about Bakugo is so well written that I find this issue to be so very glaring to me. And it just feels that where Horikoshi wants them to be in their relationship isn't really earned since this issue hasn't been properly addressed. It's why I prefer Deku's rivalry with Todoroki and Shinso, they're just so much healthier and complete at the moment.
    I agree with much of this - one of my biggest faults with the show is that Bakugo has yet to receive an epic beatdown, preferably at the hands of someone like a teen version of Knuckleduster from the Vigilantes spinoff. King Explosion Murder needs a humiliating defeat that he can't explain away, and at the hands of someone he looks down upon.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A-KO was kind of remade as "Kill La Kill" in a sense.
    Kind of. Though you have to replace Clark and Diana with old scientist and sociopathic mother. And her inherited powers with alien string. But I do see where you are coming from.

Extraordinary Member

The names of 10 victims from the attack on Kyoto Animation have been released by Kyoto Police with the consent of each victim's family.

Yasuhiro Takemoto, 47 (Director of Lucky Star, Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hyouka)
    Futoshi Nishiya, 37 (Character Designer and Chief Animation Director on the Free! franchise, A Silent Voice, Liz and the Blur Bird, Animation Director on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009), Kanon)
    Yoshiji Kigami, 61 (Mentor of Kyoto Animation, worked as a Storyboarder, Unit Director and Animator on most Kyoto Animation works, Key Animator on Akira, Grave of the Fireflies, Space Adventure Cobra)
    Junichi Uda, 34 (Key Animator on Hyouka and Nichijou - My Ordinary Life)
    Sachie Tsuda, 41 (Finish Animation on Free! -Iwatobi Swim Club-, Pokémon 3: The Movie: Entei – Spell of the Unown, Hyouka)
    Mikiko Watanabe, 35 (Art Director on Amagi Brillant Park, Beyond the Boundry, Background Artist on many Kyoto Animation productions)
    Yuki Omura, 23 (New hire at the studio, no credits yet)
    Yuka Kasama, 22 (New hire at the studio, no credits yet)
    Ami Kuriki, 30 (Key Animator on Liz and the Blue Bird, Violet Evergarden, Myriad Colors Phantom World)
    Keisuke Yokota, 34 (Production Manager over many Kyoto Animation works)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've watched more than my fair share of isekai shows of late, everything from Re:Zero, Konosuba, Tanya The Evil to Overlord, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING is as uber-kooky as Do You Love Your Mom And Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

I've managed to watch a couple of episodes of this show. I like what I've seen of it, but I'm not crazy about the discourse that surrounds it. It basically seems to boil down to "Dur-dur-dur incest".

Meanwhile, I'm watching this show and thinking "Oh my God! It's an anime in which the lion's share of the fanservice is coming from a kind, beautiful, sexy woman in her 30s-40s. This is fantastic!" Maybe I'm just feeling my age a bit, since I just turned 37. But I'm so glad to see an anime that depicts someone around my age as desirable.

Sure, the show's got a bit of a twisted sense of humor and likes to find comedy in putting Masato into embarrassing situations with his mom. But I'm willing to put up with it to see more of Mamako the Gen X anime hottie.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I've managed to watch a couple of episodes of this show. I like what I've seen of it, but I'm not crazy about the discourse that surrounds it. It basically seems to boil down to "Dur-dur-dur incest".

Meanwhile, I'm watching this show and thinking "Oh my God! It's an anime in which the lion's share of the fanservice is coming from a kind, beautiful, sexy woman in her 30s-40s. This is fantastic!" Maybe I'm just feeling my age a bit, since I just turned 37. But I'm so glad to see an anime that depicts someone around my age as desirable.

Sure, the show's got a bit of a twisted sense of humor and likes to find comedy in putting Masato into embarrassing situations with his mom. But I'm willing to put up with it to see more of Mamako the Gen X anime hottie.
    I'd disagree with the "Dur-dur-dur incest" bit since Masato has no romantic interest in his mother whatsoever despite the comedic fan service. But I agree with it being great to finally get such a great anime milf taking the spotlight for once (for the record I'm 32).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd disagree with the "Dur-dur-dur incest" bit since Masato has no romantic interest in his mother whatsoever despite the comedic fan service. But I agree with it being great to finally get such a great anime milf taking the spotlight for once (for the record I'm 32).
    Well, the incest stuff is just jokes I've run into online. Perhaps I need to find classier forums.

But yeah, considering how Japan and the anime industry often seem obsessed with adolescence, it's nice to see a grown-ass adult in the spotlight. A similar reason to why I'm fond of Wotakoi. After so many shoujo romances, it's nice to see a love story about working adults.

Cannon Busters is available on Netflix.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_Busters

Extraordinary Member

Ooooh, Kase-san and Morning Glories is getting an english dub that sounds really good.

This is one of my favourite slice of life romance series. The manga that is, this is just an OVA.

Cells at work English dub date. Blu-ray aug 27.

Edit-news link wont work here. Not sure why so i'll just post the video.

English voices to the main heroes sing the theme song. They dubbed the intro song! Lucy from fairy tail is playing red blood cell!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

I see Deku's and Bakugo's relationship as like Peter Parker's and Flash Thompson's in Spectacular Spider-Man. The two were friends as kids, but one got supreme gifts early on and started bullying the other. Then the lesser suddenly got even more powerful and started standing up to the bully. The bully never really repents, but he starts to respect the person that used to be his friend once more, even offering advice. If Spectacular Spider-Man had continued, I could see Flash eventually apologizing to Peter and becoming one of his best friends just like in the comics.

I should note that Bakugo has lost to Deku in a humiliating ways, first in their mock match and second by failing to get his provisional license while Deku got his. It was the first humiliating loss to Deku that motivated Bakugo to win the sports festival (which is also why he was pissed off at Todoroki for not trying his best) and the second humiliation is what drove him to challenge Deku to a duel where he and Deku finally aired out each other's beef towards the other.

Yes, Bakugo hasn't apologized for his bullying of Deku. Yet. He may never apologize, but it is clear that he is respecting Deku now after their duel in which it took everything Bakugo had to win while both realizing during the duel that Deku had achieved a new level of power, and the talk both had with All Might after that duel. After that, Bakugo did offer Deku helpful advice, which Deku understood.

When you really look at it honestly, Deku is the closest thing Bakugo has to a best friend in the series. He actually needs Deku now more than Deku needs him. The biggest challenge for Bakugo is whether he can finally stop trying to do everything by himself and learn to work with Deku, Todoroki, and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Cells at work English dub date. Blu-ray aug 27.

Edit-news link wont work here. Not sure why so i'll just post the video.

English voices to the main heroes sing the theme song. They dubbed the intro song! Lucy from fairy tail is playing red blood cell!

Considering how much of Red Blood Cell's screentime is spent screaming or yelling, playing Lucy should have well prepared Cherami Leigh for that kind of role.

But yeah, it's pretty cool they dubbed the intro (with the English version being written by Kayli Mills), and I'm assuming they either did the Full Song or enough of it to where they can also do the version where Killer T-Cell and Macrophage get their verse for one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how much of Red Blood Cell's screentime is spent screaming or yelling, playing Lucy should have well prepared Cherami Leigh for that kind of role.
    Heartfilia or a different Lucy?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I recently finished the last season of Jojo Bizarre Adventures, it was pretty good, David Production keeps doing a great job as i come to expect from then, there is some flaws in the writings, but overall is a great actions series with likable characters and enjoyable villains, kind of disappointing that Giorno being Dio's son didn't matter much in the overall plot and that Diavolo although not bad, is just not as cool as Kira or Dio.

The other anime that i watched is one that was popular a couple of years ago but i ignored, mostly for not being interested in the scene at the time, Made in Abyss and i have to said that it was great and a lot better than i expected, i think that the beginning is a tad to slow and that the plot doesn't really start moving until episode five, but is understandable that it wanted to make a proper set up for the world, but once it picks up the pace, is great. Especial mention to the final episode, the rollecoaster of emotions was just too intense and it actually made me cry, but also ended giving me a sense of joy.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona