Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Date a Live is kinda hard to explain. An alternate world where 'spatial quakes' appear at random and are linked to some kind of spirits with superpowers. And they all seem to be high school girls except for one who takes the little sister role. The powers can be brought under control by the MC who can somehow seal those powers and make the spirits mostly human with a kiss, but only if there is a strong emotional connection. And that connection can be lost if he doesn't maintain it - providing an in universe reason for having to establish the harem hijinks such shows revolve around. Most of the girls are fairly typical - the clingy, jealous, kinda dumb one (Best girl according to the author, but probably none of the viewers), the emotionally dead sounding one who is somehow in love with the MC without any apparent reason, the underage substitute sister, the actual little sister one grade behind who isn't what she first appears to be, the man hating lesbian, the overly logical girl, and the one who makes sarcastic comments. It does have the very unique looking yangire girl with the clock eye - she is the reason most people watch the show, and probably the most original character in the cast, in everything from personality, eventually revealed motivations, powers, and appearance.
    Talk about coincidence, I finished season two of Date A Live yesterday, a week or two after learning season three was greenlighted. I enjoyed the show, even with it's blatant tropes.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Yes, but the manga is also an adaptation. It has two manga titles with total of 5 volumes.
    The original Utawarerumono is role-playing visual novel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utawarerumono#Manga
    Thanks, although there doesn't seem to be a manga adaptation of the series I was following specifically, which I think was Utawarerumono: The False Faces. Although I'm hoping that Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth picks up where that one left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    She's the green haired one in front.

Attachment 73636

Just her.

Attachment 73637

One of the things that stood out for me with this anime is that they did the obligatory pool episode but it didn't feel like a fanservice episode. Anime that does something different always sticks out for me - like Shuffle! is one I'll remember because it actually has a resolution and some level of consequences over the lead actually picking a girl. Plus the first version of the Queen of Yandere - before Yuno Gasai left her corpse in a ditch somewhere. Kaede shouldn't have been looking at Yuki that way.......
    What I remember of the pool episode was pretty cute and romantic. And I never watched Shuffle!, although it is one of the ones I want to get around to someday.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 11-12-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I've watched four episodes of the live action Kakegurui (streaming on Netflix along with the anime) and find it to be a mixed bag, hardly a surprise when anime is adapted to live action. The problem here, in my opinion, is the attempt to make this show as over the top as the anime, and it just doesn't work, especially in the case of the actors playing Mary Saotome and particularly Ryota Suzui who at times borders from ridiculous to highly irritating as he routinely breaks the fourth wall to explain to the viewer how things work at Hyakkaou Private Academy. As for Yumeko Jabami, the star of the show, the actress playing her pretty much has her down, exhibiting the right mix of cold, calculating intuitiveness to orgasmic, borderline insane delight when she's caught up in a game, hell, her eyes even glow their trademark bright red (thanks to sfx) when she's REALLY hot to gamble. This show is far from a four star treat, but I'll continue watching as, like the anime, it intrigues me.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-13-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So I've caught up to episode 46 about to watch 47 of Black Clover, and I really hate that beast magic user villain. Very unlikable villain, which I guess is the point, but still.

Astonishing Member

I finished watching the sixth episode of Angels of Death (a.k.a. Angels of Slaughter). It was an awesome episode. I loved the moment where Rachel shows some guts. And Zack is badass as ever.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So I've caught up to episode 46 about to watch 47 of Black Clover, and I really hate that beast magic user villain. Very unlikable villain, which I guess is the point, but still.
    The takedown of him is amazing though...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    The takedown of him is amazing though...
    Saw it last night, it was. And it was nice that everyone in the Black Bulls had a moment to shine in that long fight. Well, except Gordon...

Fantastic Member

My Neighbor is a Vampire had that obscure vampire seed cou ting compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    My Neighbor is a Vampire had that obscure vampire seed cou ting compulsion!
    Oh, I love that, gonna have to watch the new episode tonight then.
    i think I've only ever seen that bit of folklore used one other time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Seriously, that was just wow. Like, I'd imagine Japan would have just banned all outdoor and open roofed concerts during storms after that. Like thousands of people just saw a girl die right in front of them, sheesh...
    Someone didn't get that memo in the latest episode. If the girls weren't already zombies they would all be dead when the lightning strike destroyed the stage. A responsible promoter would have canceled the moment dark clouds began raining down.

I get the feeling that the manager may have been the one who killed Sakura.

Sometimes when watching Goblin Slayer, I get the sense Goblin Slayer missed his class calling in life. Considering the rather innovative uses he puts scrolls and his allies' spells too, man would have been a goblin killing beast of a wizard.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sometimes when watching Goblin Slayer, I get the sense Goblin Slayer missed his class calling in life. Considering the rather innovative uses he puts scrolls and his allies' spells too, man would have been a goblin killing beast of a wizard.
    Goblin Slayer is fine with his chosen class. He would be more formidable if he had higher class equipment. The dinky armor he wears ain't fit to fight against a for like a goblin champion.