Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    Extraordinary Member

First episode of MHA season 4 is a recap episode, but it's a nice one.

We get to follow a cool journalist (a personal favourite character trope of mine) looking for a scoop on All Might by interviewing the kids in class 1A. It's a tiny bit of world building that gives a bit of different context to the world we're familiar with, reminds viewers about the characters rather succinctly and gives us lots of cute slice of life moments with the kids.

I also loved All Might's little shopping scene. It was just cute.

The new OP and ED are also really good. I just smiled throughout the entire episode.

HeroAca's filler is typically better than most other series, as well as being lesser in number. There is the recap episode to start the a season, or as was the case this time, more of an establishing episode for the new status quo of the series. Plus, the only other two I am aware of are the 'saving the world with love' event episode which affected nearly every series in Japan, or at least those on the same broadcaster, and Froppy's internship episode. The latter of which is the best kind of filler one can have. It expanded on something that was already part of the story, but focused on a character who didn't get the spotlight in the comic for that part of the story.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

WB has snagged the rights to the classic studio ghibili films like spirited away and totoro for HBO max! This is the first time they have ever been on any digital service and you can't buy digital copies.

This is a huge win for WB and HBO max!

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/h...ts-1203373947/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Isekai shows seem to be all the rage over the last couple of years, and I've watched more than my fair share. Check out this list below which is pretty interesting and comprehensive:

The 25 Greatest Isekai Anime You Should Be Watching

I've watched/am watching 14 of the shows on this list, including my all-time favorite from the genre, Fushigi Yugi.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-18-2019 at 02:30 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Isekai shows seem to be all the rage over the last couple of years, and I've watched more than my fair share. Check out this list below which is pretty interesting and comprehensive:

I've watched/am watching 14 of the shows on this list, including my all-time favorite from the genre, Fushigi Yugi.
    OMG! Fushigi Yugi is an all-time favorite of mine as well. It's nice to know there's someone at CBR that knows about it.

I have difficulty taking a best of list seriously when it has stuff like In Another World With My Smartphone included on it.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Two interesting things of note I saw related to anime recently.

First, the best news: Kaguya-Sama: Love is War is getting a season 2!

And second, from the 'Pay more attention' category - Anime News Network had a post a couple days ago whose headline noted that My Hero Academia was #2 on Bookscans monthly best seller list, complete with an article thumbnail of Tatsumaki the Terrible Tornado...........from One Punch Man.

Yet ANOTHER isekai show made it's debut: High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World. Seven brilliant teenagers: A politician, inventor, samurai, doctor, businessman, magician and journalist wind up in a fantasy world where they not just survive, but thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    First, the best news: Kaguya-Sama: Love is War is getting a season 2!
    HUZZAH.
    Season 1 is awesome, I adored it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Welcome to the Ballroom
    An anime series about....competitive ballroom dancing. Yeah! And I like it!

Welcome to the Ballroom
    An anime series about....competitive ballroom dancing. Yeah! And I like it!

[IMG]https://www.anime-planet.com/images/anime/covers/welcome-to-the-ballroom-8341.jpg[IMG]
    For a second there I thought I read 'Welcome to the Bathroom', then I saw Juumonji Kuroji lookalike. I saw episodes 1 and 2 on Youtube once and liked them quite a bit.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

The last two episode of My Hero Academia have been great. Bones continue to do a solid to fantastic adaptation while adding nice little expansions.

Overhaul's meeting with the League of Villains works wonders in setting him up as the season's big bad and was gorier than I thought they would show.

And getting Deku's entire meeting with Sir Nighteye in one go instead of it being somewhat split up into a few chapters improves upon it nicely.

Getting to see the kids hang out and talk about their internships and a few of them getting contacted via Aizawa was a fun addition, salty Bakugou is best Bakugou.

The series is still great and the end credit scene of the last episode has me even more hooked.

Anchors aweigh! Started watching Azur Lane last night and liked it! Gotta love ship girls!

Started Assassins Pride the other day, and it looks promising!