Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Same with me. The only show I’ve binged, and that was infrequently was My Hero Academia.
    I waited a bit and binged the last few episodes of the Overhaul arc, as well as the first season since I discovered it late. If I know I'm going to be subjected to one cliffhanger leading into another, I'll often wait and binge that section of the story.

And I'll often binge something old since the whole thing is already out. But typically in 2-4 episode blocks daily rather than all at once.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I waited a bit and binged the last few episodes of the Overhaul arc, as well as the first season since I discovered it late. If I know I'm going to be subjected to one cliffhanger leading into another, I'll often wait and binge that section of the story.

And I'll often binge something old since the whole thing is already out. But typically in 2-4 episode blocks daily rather than all at once.
    Back in the day when anime was on DVD, you'd get as much as six episodes per disc. For me, that was my idea of binging. Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The new OP for My Hero Academia is fantastic!

This is only natural coming from the talents that gave us the gift that is Silhouette.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

Interesting.

At the AnimeJapan 2020 being held in March there will apparently be a presentation called "Bleach 20th Anniversary Project & Tite Kubo New Work Presentation".

I don't want to get my hopes up for a revival of the anime... but it's pretty hard not to do that.

Back in the day when anime was on DVD, you'd get as much as six episodes per disc. For me, that was my idea of binging. Heh!
    Like when I used to get my anime of VHS - yes, I'm dating myself. Back when you often had to buy the titles semi-blind and you never knew of it was merely a dark anime or a mislabeled hentai. Even the trailers in otherwise standard anime often had some pervy stuff they advertised. I think my copies of Record of Lodoss War had trailers for Midnight Panther and Wicked City, in addition to Perfect Blue (that last one not being anything too terrible on the perv front).
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Been a while since Iíve been here with you all, good to see youíre all still having fun with the hobby.

These last few months have been interesting. A friend & I watched Darling in the FRANXX. I definitely got Evangelion-wannabe vibes from it early on but it became enough its own thing in Season 2 to be worth it.

Also been slowly progressing through 3-gatsu no Lion. Itís good but I feel like Iím missing something that most people get with it; kind of like with Steinís Gate, something about 3-gatsu doesnít fully click with me. Season 2 is better so far but still has some of the same kind of moments where I disconnect with the characters. Itís hard to nail down the why in a few words...maybe one day.

Finally got through Demon Slayer, and itís done nothing to diminish ufotable, those wonderful people. Itís not brilliant or anything in the writing yet but has good potential for a Shonen Jump long-runner in its early days.

2020 looks to be another great year, with stuff like Oregairu (IIRC) & ReZero returning. And of course, as a Nasuverse fanatic and VN reader, I will say the last trailer for Spring Song convinced me that that one will be the best of that trilogy, and consequently muh personal anime GOAT.

Hope you all enjoy this year as much.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 01-28-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Went in the way back machine to watch Lovely Complex, a 2007 romcom Crunchyroll recently added to their library. Koizumi has a little problem about being tall for a girl while Otani has a big hangup with being short for a boy, and their constant bickering has teachers, classmates and friends believing their antics to be a running gag. But, it turns out this comically mismatched couple might have more in common with each other than they thought. Watched the first two episodes last night and was immediately taken in and enjoyed the show.

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-29-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Dororo 2019 series is an interesting take on the series. Hyakkimaru's charm and eloquence are mostly dropped and he's left with a more tragic story than what little I saw of the original manga, and I enjoy how tragic he is.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

This is such a broad thread, and I didn't know where else to put this, but I started to watch the show My Hero Academia after someone recommended it to me 'cause of my love of the X-Men and DC/Marvel. I binge watched the entire series up to the latest episode that's out for season 4! I like it a lot and just wanted to try and share my newfound love for the show somewhere.

Although, I'm struggling to find out when the episodes are released. I'm confused by the show's release schedule.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is such a broad thread, and I didn't know where else to put this, but I started to watch the show My Hero Academia after someone recommended it to me 'cause of my love of the X-Men and DC/Marvel. I binge watched the entire series up to the latest episode that's out for season 4! I like it a lot and just wanted to try and share my newfound love for the show somewhere.

Although, I'm struggling to find out when the episodes are released. I'm confused by the show's release schedule.
    This is a good place to share the love. I really like the show too.

Do you watch the subbed version or the dubbed version? The subbed version comes out on Saturdays, I personally watch it on Crunchyroll, and the dubbed version is supposed to come out shortly thereafter I think if they've gotten all the material they need.

Do you watch the subbed version or the dubbed version? The subbed version comes out on Saturdays, I personally watch it on Crunchyroll, and the dubbed version is supposed to come out shortly thereafter I think if they've gotten all the material they need.
    The dubbed version (which I watch) is on Funimation. And yeah, it IS a great show!

At the start of any season dubs for HeroAca are lightning fast - typically the same day. But they slow down as the season goes on, right now they are two weeks behind and haven't yet dubbed the first episode of the second cour.

The dubbed version (which I watch) is on Funimation. And yeah, it IS a great show!
    Yeah, I watch it in English. My friend tried to get me to watch it subtitled, but I prefer it in English. Which is strange since I watch my Turkish and Korean dramas subtitled. Sucks that we have to wait longer, I guess!
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yeah, I watch it in English. My friend tried to get me to watch it subtitled, but I prefer it in English. Which is strange since I watch my Turkish and Korean dramas subtitled. Sucks that we have to wait longer, I guess!
    Both versions are great, so it's natural to prefer one or the other. The sub is more easily (and legally) available to me so that's my primary reason for going with it. But I really like the dub cast as well.

I recently watched hakumei & mikochi!
    Man, it was an awesome show. It was a cute, surreal and fluffy story. I enjoyed watching it.