Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1060
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I liked Toradora….the first half anyway when it worked as a goofy romcom. But then it went off the rails in the second half with an overload of angsty drama, I really struggled to finish the show which had become annoying and tiresome.
    I can agree with that. Toradora's 1st half was a fun watch. Then the shift in tone, the ending was simply not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That happens in the Index anime.

It is one of the most frustrating parts in the lamest story of the entire series. It's like Accelerator has completely forgotten how to do anything. The only reason his otherwise forgettable opponent stands a chance is because Accelerator keeps insisting on going into HTH so the guy can do his stupid "stop my punch so that it turns into a punch"-bit. Why not just stomp the ground and open up a chasm beneath the guy's feet or launch a car at his face or do any of the hundreds of things you can do without resorting to fisticuffs! I want to see Accelerator get his ass kicked too (preferably by Misaka in a rematch but that's never happening) but I'd like it to happen in a fight where he isn't acting like a blithering idiot!

And the villain Toma fought in that arc was just as lame, but for different reasons. God that arc sucked!
    I think it was to emphasize how frantic Accelerator was after encountering someone who could negate his powers and was basically immune to his ability for the first time in his entire existence. I may be mis-remembering the different versions of the Accelerator fight (because the versions in Index and Railgun are quite different) but Accelerator threw a lot at Touma before the blast that Mikoto and the Sisters negated so Touma could get the final punch in.

I did love how the Index version has Touma socking him in the face multiple times once he gets up close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've only watched the first season of Railgun. Watching Index is hard because of the title character - I hate punch first / think never types (Misaka may be Tsundere but she comes across as less violent than many, and towards a character she first saw as more of a rival than a romantic interest) due to bingeing Familiar of Zero followed shortly by the first season of Nisekoi. My hatred of that version of the archetype has grown so intense that I can't understand how anyone thinks Toradora is a great love story - my opinion is that it comes across as a descent into battered spouse syndrome - not quite as bad as Familiar of Zero, which is so bad on that angle I think it breaks the meme of "Still a better love story than Twilight."
    I thought you were talking about Touma instead of Index for a second (given he does all the punching) .

Mikoto's antics around Touma would be less forgivable if he didn't have the ability to negate her powers but she does grow out of that stuff as her feelings for him develop.

Taiga is a very volatile and abrasive person but the show treats her as a flawed character with severe emotional problems and how that impacts/defines her relationship with Ryuji.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I can agree with that. Toradora's 1st half was a fun watch. Then the shift in tone, the ending was simply not worth it.
    Hard disagree here. I think Toradora has probably one of the most satisfying kiss scenes in a romance anime during the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I liked Toradora….the first half anyway when it worked as a goofy romcom. But then it went off the rails in the second half with an overload of angsty drama, I really struggled to finish the show which had become annoying and tiresome.
    The first half is what I was unable to slog through - I was rooting for Taiga to meet Truck-kun, or the tractor from the end of Shiki. At which point I turned it off, tried again a few years later, and was unable to get much further the second time.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was to emphasize how frantic Accelerator was after encountering someone who could negate his powers and was basically immune to his ability for the first time in his entire existence. I may be mis-remembering the different versions of the Accelerator fight (because the versions in Index and Railgun are quite different) but Accelerator threw a lot at Touma before the blast that Mikoto and the Sisters negated so Touma could get the final punch in.

I did love how the Index version has Touma socking him in the face multiple times once he gets up close.
    If that was the point they certainly failed to emphasize that, and it doesn't help that we'd see him uses his powers in fairly creative ways between losing to Toma and encountering the powerless asshole he should've been able to blow to dirt in an instant. I don't even like Accelerator, but him getting his ass kicked there was so frustratingly dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mikoto's antics around Touma would be less forgivable if he didn't have the ability to negate her powers but she does grow out of that stuff as her feelings for him develop.
    I never really liked their relationship at all. She starts out acting like a random asshole to him and once that mellows out she's basically just there to check off the tsundere box on Toma's harem list. Beyond that she barely ever gets to do anything remotely cool or relevant in the Index series and just seems to be there because she's popular with the audience. Doesn't help that Toma has shown basically no interest in her (or anyone for that matter) and that they have no good chemistry together.

I'm so glad I started out with Railgun. There Misaka is actually an interesting and cool character in her own right with tons of other good characters for her to interact with and bounce off of. Too bad that Toma has to show up now and again and steal the spotlight of the show when he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If that was the point they certainly failed to emphasize that, and it doesn't help that we'd see him uses his powers in fairly creative ways between losing to Toma and encountering the powerless asshole he should've been able to blow to dirt in an instant. I don't even like Accelerator, but him getting his ass kicked there was so frustratingly dumb.
    I thought it was emphasized enough when you saw how much Accelerator started losing it as the fight went on. Heck, maybe being beaten by Touma and having his injury changed the way he fights to a degree.
    I never really liked their relationship at all. She starts out acting like a random asshole to him and once that mellows out she's basically just there to check off the tsundere box on Toma's harem list. Beyond that she barely ever gets to do anything remotely cool or relevant in the Index series and just seems to be there because she's popular with the audience. Doesn't help that Toma has shown basically no interest in her (or anyone for that matter) and that they have no good chemistry together.

I'm so glad I started out with Railgun. There Misaka is actually an interesting and cool character in her own right with tons of other good characters for her to interact with and bounce off of. Too bad that Toma has to show up now and again and steal the spotlight of the show when he does.
    I think Index and Railgun do a good job of showing the different sides to Mikoto or how different she can appear from different perspectives (and vice versa for Touma). She's got her own spinoff so I think her relevancy to Index is less of an issue but I think they use her as much as they can in-spite of how she doesn't really have much of a role on the Magic side (which Index tends to focus more on).

I also like Touma and Mikoto's rapport a lot, especially in Index II during their "date," but to each their own .

Academy Museum to include Studio Ghibili Area! Pretty neat.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/academy...ki-1234574973/

More cased closed coming!

Crimson Love Letter movie is next!

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...97993471873025

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-15-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Cells at work season 2 will start with a big screen "movie" of the first few episodes in japan playing on the big screen.

Trailer.

Cells at work black has a anime! Warning Black is much more adult and dark then the main series! It's not in the same body as the main cells at work.

Cells at Work movie+season two and a darker series in another body?
    Awesome!

Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Fall animes look good so far
    OP characters make me itch

Well what do you know! The lost early seasons of detective conan are returning in america! Coming to cruchyroll and will be english sub and dub! The one hour specials from the early seasons are there as well! They will start with eps 1-41 and the specials!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...atalog/.164160

Extraordinary Member

New trailer for the Burn the Witch movie. It's looking really good.

Kind of cool that Gundam is getting some international attention due to the Yokohama robot.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wow so one new movie is coming to the movies next month. Neat thing is they brought back some of the classic american voice artists for the english dub!

A lupin film getting a big screen release in america that's not the studio ghibili film! Crazy!

Coming October 18 to theatres.