Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Fire Force season 2 has started. I almost forgot it was time for that.

We get a cool filler battle that reintroduces the main cast followed by one of the odder manga chapters that's probably better to just get done.

I love this awesome and super weird series.
    That Aimer opening, holy shit...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    That Aimer opening, holy shit...
    It is a VERY pretty OP. By pretty I mean "Holy shit there's a lot of stuff moving around in really detailed animation".

Good stuff Bones. Good stuff.

G-kids will handle american rights to the new studio ghibili film in america. (studio ghibili's first cg movie.)

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/statu...32124408467456

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-07-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken) is an interesting series. I'm two episodes in and the stylish animation of the girls drawings and imagination is grabbing my attention. The plot and characters should be appealing to me too, but I don't know why, anime about making anime doesn't seem to grab my attention as much as I want it to.

When I watched ShiroBako (White Box) the thing that grabbed me the most is donut girl, how girls have the same face, and the intro songs.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 07-11-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

This season I've got several shows catching my interest.

I was already gonna see the new seasons of Fire Force and Re:Zero, and I'm also giving Monster Girl Doctor and God of High School a try.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Seeing that it's the anniversary of the Kyoto Animation Fire, I'm going to be rewatching A Silent Voice later today. Seems like the right thing to do. I remember hearing about the fire while in my studio working on a cartoon about firefighters, and I just had to donate my entire week's pay to one of the benefit charities.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Alienated - Die - Far Sector - New Mutants - Once & Future - Runaways - X-Men

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Is anyone else watching Tower of God?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BUNGOU STRAY DOGS is one of the funniest anime I've seen in quite some time. I don't know whether I should feel bad or not for finding someone with such suicidal tendency hilarious, the author represented that character in such a funny way.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

To help mom and pop movie chains and drive-ins we have--anime films are playing!

Spirited away
    Your name
    Cowboy bepop the movie
    Summer wars
    Kiki
    Vampire hunter D
    My hero academia the movie
    Princess mononoke
    Weathering with you
    Nausicaa and the valley of the wind
    Fruit baskets season 2 movie
    Dragon ball z Super broly
    Porco rosso
    Royal space force
    Summer days with coo

All playing right now in american movies and drive ins! Crazy!

https://www.fandango.com/movies-in-t...ilter=Animated
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-19-2020 at 01:49 PM.

^I still haven't watched Your Name yet, but I've heard really good things about it. Seeing it at a drive-in would be fun, but I don't thing there's any in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    ^I still haven't watched Your Name yet, but I've heard really good things about it. Seeing it at a drive-in would be fun, but I don't thing there's any in my area.
    Oh it's a lovely movie. Good story, very good visual and amazing music. And the humour works, at least it did for me lol.

Only have a amc here so no mom and pop chains. We do have a drive in 30 min away playing willy wonka and goonies.

There is a movie theatre playing spirited away here but it's way to far away so guess i'm out of luck.

So whatever happened to the Gundam live-action movie? (Not G-saviour but the one that was supposed to have Brian K. Vaughn writing it). I know there's been a lot of delays but this seems to still be stuck in the perpetual in-development phase like a lot of other anime adaptations (The Akira remake, for example) after three years.

Plus Gundam might be one of those franchises where it might be hard to squeeze the mythology into a two-hour movie that might need to stand on it's own (That's also why I doubt the Metal Gear solid movie will work).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Watched BNA: Brand New Animal yesterday after having finished a Kyoto Animation binge. It's a lovely looking show, funny with a lot of interesting action. Tries to tackle social issues, and some of it holds up under scrutiny. Like any work of science fiction or fantasy that uses a fictional race of superpowered beings as a metaphor for racism, it has flaws but it's hard to argue with the theme of "racism is bad."
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Alienated - Die - Far Sector - New Mutants - Once & Future - Runaways - X-Men

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Trailer for Inuyasha sequel series