Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Cannon Busters is available on Netflix.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_Busters
    I've seen up to episode 7 so far. Really good stuff. My only complaint is that the main character's design is a bit
    too similar to Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

I'm also watching Grimgar. Which I can't say enough good things about.

I really like the Fantasy genre but I'm not so fond of the "characters from a modern world go to an FRGP" stuff that's been beat to death recently.

But I'm enjoying Grimgar despite that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I know it is not anime but I was wondering how people like Gen:LOCK. I have been watching it on Cartoon Network and I like it a lot. The first season is only 8 episodes and I don't know it there is going to be a season 2. Has a Ghost in the Shell feel to it.
    I've watched four episodes (via Crunchyroll) so far and I've liked it as well. It certainly has a good voice cast with Michael B. Jordan, Maisie Williams, anime voice acting mainstay Monica Rial and David Tennant.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-04-2019 at 01:42 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Looking real good here.

This is one of the best arcs so far in the series and I've been looking forward to it for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I had to look that one up to see what you were talking about, but once I saw the white haired leads I knew exactly which one it was. I haven't watched it myself, I got any onii-chan stuff out of my system watching Koi Kaze.
    It can be interesting in a literary context if it’s done well. Tolkien’s The Children of Hurin is probably my favorite example.

Working on WorldEnd now, it’s different enough to warrant notice.

Some people put me onto 3-gatsu no Lion, gonna start on that next.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

I watched Charlotte from start to end, and I don't get why some say this series has a bad ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Some people put me onto 3-gatsu no Lion, gonna start on that next.
    Enjoy, it's a pleasure.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

For the 100th episode of Black Clover Studio Pierrot gives us an absolutely stunning action sequence where Asta and Yuno team up against the real Licht.

The direction, animation and voice acting are all on point and just fantastic.

If you like great shounen action you should check out episode 100 of Black Clover, even if you don't watch the series. It's just cool.

Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    For the 100th episode of Black Clover Studio Pierrot gives us an absolutely stunning action sequence where Asta and Yuno team up against the real Licht.

The direction, animation and voice acting are all on point and just fantastic.

If you like great shounen action you should check out episode 100 of Black Clover, even if you don't watch the series. It's just cool.
    Black Clover when they have the A team for art and doing action heavy stuff is amazing. The anime is a bit of a little disappointment because they lean on comedy a little to much but when it is on. It is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Black Clover when they have the A team for art and doing action heavy stuff is amazing. The anime is a bit of a little disappointment because they lean on comedy a little to much but when it is on. It is great.
    That's a far cry from when it first started. People were falling over themselves to trash it worse than the last reviewer to the point that they stopped talking about SAO. The funniest was purists saying that if one must watch it, to go with the dub because Asta's constant screaming was so bad (as in each individual scream made ears bleed - and he screamed more than he spoke).
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Well...spoilers:
    In the end even Truth is impressed with him.
    end of spoilers

Past that, what specifically comes across as bratty and childish? Please don't say 'everything', since that makes it impossible to pin down.
    I guess from your response it doesn't get better. But to address the childishness I list the the name calling, the sulking and the constant flying off the handle in difficult situations.
    • “You need not be large to be great. What you need is to be open to a Power greater than yourself.”- Rabbi Sacks
    • “If you can’t control your actions, you aren’t quite whole.”- Bruce Wayne (Hush)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I guess from your response it doesn't get better. But to address the childishness I list the the name calling, the sulking and the constant flying off the handle in difficult situations.
    Guess I must be somewhat desensitized to such things, after watching Familiar of Zero and trying to watch Toradora (how anyone considers that a great love story is beyond me, I say it's worse that Twilight), both of which feature the worst examples of the extreme tsundere - a yandere is safer to be around than either of those two.

But I never considered Ed to be any worse than your average Shonen character. Many of them fly off the handle constantly, and never have moments of wisdom where they describe the nature of a near immortal monster so accurately it commits suicide out of spite, talk someone out of a homicidal rage, or give up power for someone else and leave that worlds version of God suitably impressed.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Ed's childishness works for me, personally. Thinking of everything he's seen up to when the story starts and after that, it's a small wonder that he's managed to keep his empathy(also his humanity) in the face of it all. Most characters would be at a Guts-level of sullen, emotionless asshole after going through most of what Ed has.

Extraordinary Member

I always found the dichotomy of Ed being one of the smarter and more logical shounen protags AND an emotional powder keg to one of his most charming traits personally. And remember that he's like 15-16 years old throughout most of the series, he's bound to be a bit childish despite the shit he goes through. Hell, I'd say it's a sign of good mental health on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Don't let his anger and going get out of handle frustrate you too much, he has characters around him to make these situations funny, and when he thinks and acts most of the times he's pretty reasonable and mature. He does great things through the series, and it's worth the journey.

Guess I must be somewhat desensitized to such things, after watching Familiar of Zero and trying to watch Toradora (how anyone considers that a great love story is beyond me, I say it's worse that Twilight), both of which feature the worst examples of the extreme tsundere - a yandere is safer to be around than either of those two.
    Toradora is annoying, Taiga is ruthless and Ryuuji is a buffoon. I did not expect to see anyone praise it when I first saw parts of it until I got frustrated and rage quit, but I saw two or three channels praise the story and love build up.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Toradora is annoying, Taiga is ruthless and Ryuuji is a buffoon. I did not expect to see anyone praise it when I first saw parts of it until I got frustrated and rage quit, but I saw two or three channels praise the story and love build up.
    I liked Toradora in the beginning as I saw it as a goofy romcom that got a goodly amount of chuckles out of me. Then the series changed gears little over halfway through and took on an angsty, serious tone, making it hard to finish, and, I'll admit I almost didn't.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Toradora...blech.

The only good character was Kushieda as far as I’m concerned. Never will understand the acclaim it gets.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei