Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

I just recently watched an obscure anime called “Riding Bean”

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I just recently watched an obscure anime called “Riding Bean”
    Obscure? It's the predecessor to Gunsmith Cats, and a revised Bean Bandit cameos in a couple of the GSC manga story arcs.

The anime is only from.... '89ish? That's.... okay, it might be obscure nowadays.

Main shows from this season I am watching are Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia, which is about at the "things go so horribly wrong the bad guys planning to complete annihilation of all human history apologize to the MC that things got out of hand" point if you are watching on Crunchyroll. You are probably past that if you are watching on other services.

The other one I've really been enjoying is Bofuri: "I don't want to get hurt so I'll max out defense", yet another of those VRMMMORG series based of a light novel. But it is fairly light-hearted, and it is fun to see how Maple's unique view provides unexpected advantages.

Long story short - the game developers never planned on someone with the amount of patience, dedication, willingness to put up with poor quality of life (she has 0 Agility, so her normal walking speed is 1/2 everyone else's), and cleverness just to have fun that Maple has.

Behold - a simple Maple logic chain. "The boss is in the sea. I cannot reach the boss to attack them. I am too tough for the boss to defeat at range, and it knows not to approach. My only long-range attacks are poison. If I poison ALL of the local sea, I will eventually poison the boss, and it will eventually die. Time to chain cast Hydra Poison!"
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Finished Gundam Wing again. It's kind of aged a bit more than back in the CN days, the animation does seem a bit more choppy (and of course it reused a ton of footage), and it seems like every other word is "peace" or "Battles".

Still, it definetly has compelling characters, even if one is just pretty much diet Char (Zechs/Millardo).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I watched “Fighting Spirit” last night

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Excellent. And now you should try to read the manga to go PLUS, ULTRA.
    I took your suggestion and I am glad that I did. The manga is even better than the anime. In addition, I also found and watched the GTO Live Action series. It is also a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I took your suggestion and I am glad that I did. The manga is even better than the anime. In addition, I also found and watched the GTO Live Action series. It is also a great show.
    That's great. Two thumbs up.

*Laughing like All Might*
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Finished Gundam Wing again. It's kind of aged a bit more than back in the CN days, the animation does seem a bit more choppy (and of course it reused a ton of footage), and it seems like every other word is "peace" or "Battles".

Still, it definetly has compelling characters, even if one is just pretty much diet Char (Zechs/Millardo).
    Well, EVERY Gundam show was required to have one character wearing a bucket of some sort on his head, and, on Wing, that was Zechs. By the way, even after all these years, Wing remains damn hard to follow at times because of the shifting plotlines and allegiances between characters. You literally needed a scorecard to follow all the intrigue, the only certainly in the story was Heero vowing to kill Relena and coming short each and every time. Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

anybody here remember a series called "Ronin Warriors"?

Extraordinary Member

I've started watching the director's cut version of Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another world. So far it's quite an interesting isekai and seems to be fit me better than most other popular isekai shows.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    anybody here remember a series called "Ronin Warriors"?
    Yep. Aired on Toonami around the same time Gundam Wing did, which is kind of funny (Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers is considered one of GW's influences, they even had some of the same creative staff).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Just signed up for Crunchyroll again. I seem to be gravitating towards comedy. The two shows I've watched so far are Seton Academy: Join the Pack and Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, EVERY Gundam show was required to have one character wearing a bucket of some sort on his head, and, on Wing, that was Zechs. By the way, even after all these years, Wing remains damn hard to follow at times because of the shifting plotlines and allegiances between characters. You literally needed a scorecard to follow all the intrigue, the only certainly in the story was Heero vowing to kill Relena and coming short each and every time. Heh!
    I know, right?!

Between Heero vowing to kill Relena and the fanfic-shipping of Heero+Duo, Gundam Wing certainly had a lot going for it.

I finished watching a psychological thriller anime named Monster which is adapted from the manga I have already read. It is a masterpiece. The story is so suspenseful I get goosebumps from watching the anime. The animation is beautiful. The story is woven masterfully. The pacing and execution is top notch. The show, like the manga, carefully delves into the darkest depths of the human mind. Johan's supremely scrambled and sadistic psyche is truly something.