Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That one is a lot of fun, and the workout tidbits it gives actually happen to be true. The ANN reviewer even looked up the part on stretching and was surprised at it, but it was true as well.
    Nothing like true to life tidbits. I found that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is anyone else following the workout schedule it gives every week?
    Doing a plank is hard.

Edit: Btw, I remember another workout with cute girls anime from a few years ago, only that one was a 3-5 minute short series. Would like to rewatch that one but can't remember the name - anyone know it?
    Ironically, I go to Planet Fitness twice a week, but I don't do any of the stuff on How Heavy?, looks too rough for me. As for that show you mentioned, I think I've heard of it, but the name eludes me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is anyone else following the workout schedule it gives every week?
    Doing a plank is hard.

Edit: Btw, I remember another workout with cute girls anime from a few years ago, only that one was a 3-5 minute short series. Would like to rewatch that one but can't remember the name - anyone know it?
    I've been starting a light workout routine every day, rotating between 4 things. I'm also going to start biking to work next week after my ebike arrives from the manufacturer. Here in Nevada I can bike year round, plus it leaves the car for my wife when I'm at work.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

I've watched more than my fair share of isekai shows of late, everything from Re:Zero, Konosuba, Tanya The Evil to Overlord, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING is as uber-kooky as Do You Love Your Mom And Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-22-2019 at 10:54 AM.

A blast from the past; Project A-ko (Eiko for the subbed version).

Eiko is a super powered girl that often rescues her friend from various shenanigans that gets her caught. Faster then a speeding bullet, stronger than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, Eiko helps out when and where she can.

And if that line sounds familiar, well, I guess the Super/Wonder ship isn't limited to people in the West. Eiko is the daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman (though why Wonder Woman has blonde hair in this, I don't know). And I honestly watched these films well before wikipedia or even really getting into comics (though I did know of Superman and Wonder Woman at the time). It is an interesting series, I'll say that.

I've watched a couple episodes of Magical Sempai and it doesn't seem as fanservicey as the trailers suggest. There is some, but the main gag so far seems to revolve around Sempai being as crazy for magic as Dagahi Kashi's Hotaru was for candy, and as good at it as Hotaru was at competitive games.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Extraordinary Member

Attachment 85038

Dope sketch of Ochako from Horikoshi's twitter.

She's looking fierce and heroic.

Watched the debut episodes of these shows on Funimation last night and liked them all:

Cop Craft
    BEM
    Astra Lost In Space
    Fairy Gone
    Midnight Occult Civil Servants
    Double Decker! Doug & Kirill

Extraordinary Member

PV for the next movie.

I am not super excited that the movie will focus on Bakugo alongside Deku, but it's a new MHA-movie so I'm hype in general.

Been revisiting my teens and getting right back into Cool Japan.

Devoured everything Evangelion.

To say the Hideaki Anno Hates Fandom meme surpassed my expectations would undersell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A blast from the past; Project A-ko (Eiko for the subbed version).

Eiko is a super powered girl that often rescues her friend from various shenanigans that gets her caught. Faster then a speeding bullet, stronger than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, Eiko helps out when and where she can.

And if that line sounds familiar, well, I guess the Super/Wonder ship isn't limited to people in the West. Eiko is the daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman (though why Wonder Woman has blonde hair in this, I don't know). And I honestly watched these films well before wikipedia or even really getting into comics (though I did know of Superman and Wonder Woman at the time). It is an interesting series, I'll say that.
    Probably not too many will agree, but I love the soundtrack:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    PV for the next movie.

I am not super excited that the movie will focus on Bakugo alongside Deku, but it's a new MHA-movie so I'm hype in general.
    Bakugo is supposed to be his generations Endeavor, only one that might get his bad character somewhat corrected while still in training.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I really like how they’ve been developing Bakugo in My Hero Academia. He was an arrogant prick at the start of the series, which made sense because he has an amazing ability. But what we didn’t see until later is that he worked his tail off to use his ability to tremendously great effect for all those years before he even set foot in U.A. High School because he aspired to be as great a hero as All Might. Both he and Midoriya are the hardest working students in the class (the others are striving pretty hard too, but must didn’t up their game until both Bakugo and Midoriya started inspiring them to do so).

Midoriya and Bakugo are kind of like Daniel and Johnny in Cobra Kai, they have a lot more in common than either wants to admit. Both have started to realize that there is more to being a hero than being the best and though neither likes it, they are understanding that others do look up to them now and follow them as leaders. The rivalry with Bakugo is one of the primary reasons Midoriya has become as great a hero as he is. Heroes are judged by their villains and rivals, and Bakugo is an outstanding rival for Midoriya.

Plus, like Endeavor, Bakugo’s a hell of a lot smarter than a lot of people give him credit for. I dig him and am similarly hyped for the new movie.

Bakugo is supposed to be his generations Endeavor, only one that might get his bad character somewhat corrected while still in training.
    It’s entirely possible that Bakugo, Midoriya, Shoto, and all the others will soon realize that hero rankings are meaningless and that the only thing that really matters is being the best hero one can be and striving to always improve oneself.

A-KO was kind of remade as "Kill La Kill" in a sense.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I came across Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood as being one of the best anime ‘s created and bought a reasonably priced set on EBay. I just started watching it. And I am apparently by Edward ‘s childishness. I just find it annoying. Can someone please tell me if he gets more mature and stable. Or is he just bratty and obnoxious for the whole series. I am okay with it unlikeable characters, but I still have to be able to watch them. Edward reminds me of toddler having a tantrum because he can’t get a cookie. And yes I know he suffered. But there are other characters in anime and stories who go through hard times but still behave and control themselves.
    • “We do not choose our destinies but we must do our duty no? Great or small we must do our duty.”- Stannis Baratheon
    • “Physical books are more than just the words they contain. They are also tools that stimulate the senses & adjust our thinking”-Makashima

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I came across Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood as being one of the best anime ‘s created and bought a reasonably priced set on EBay. I just started watching it. And I am apparently by Edward ‘s childishness. I just find it annoying. Can someone please tell me if he gets more mature and stable. Or is he just bratty and obnoxious for the whole series. I am okay with it unlikeable characters, but I still have to be able to watch them. Edward reminds me of toddler having a tantrum because he can’t get a cookie. And yes I know he suffered. But there are other characters in anime and stories who go through hard times but still behave and control themselves.
    Well...spoilers:
    In the end even Truth is impressed with him.
    end of spoilers

Past that, what specifically comes across as bratty and childish? Please don't say 'everything', since that makes it impossible to pin down.