Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    just got the Hajime no Ippo dvd box set today
    1 of only 2 sport anime I ever followed (the other being Eyeshield 21). Good stuff, but kind of fell off for me after season 3 I think.

Vinland Saga is good. The ending of episode 6 made me cry.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    Saw the Hero Academia movie. It was cool but to me it suffered from being a shonen manga movie ie no real stakes/fake drama since you know that nothing is gonna happened to the main characters, since it happens between manga arcs.

Todoroki and Tokoyami had decent showings but , I felt they could have done better? They were squarely put into Piccolo and Tien spots.

The antagonist were pretty interesting. Liked them better than the League of Villains so it sucks if this is the last we see of them. Although the Chimera seemed a bit too strong, he could have been an arc boss himself.

So enjoyable movie even if it's a bit of a cop out
    so true, nothing really happened.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Bleach's 20th Anniversary project, as many had theorized, is an anime adaptation of the Thousand Year Blood War arc.

Prepare for the debut of the Janky Sternritter powers, the Royal Guard, and Orihime's bare midriff.

In other news, Kishimoto's current manga Samurai 8 is ending at Chapter 43. Ouch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Bleach's 20th Anniversary project, as many had theorized, is an anime adaptation of the Thousand Year Blood War arc.

Prepare for the debut of the Janky Sternritter powers, the Royal Guard, and Orihime's bare midriff.
    Other debuts include loads of true bankai forms, back stories galore, future babies and a very sizeable boob window for Orihime (Urahara thought Ichigo might enjoy it. ...Ichigo did in fact enjoy it).

I wonder if it'll be a straight up adaptation of if they'll polish some of the weaker parts and expand on the rushed ending.
    In other news, Kishimoto's current manga Samurai 8 is ending at Chapter 43. Ouch.
    Yeah.

That's sad. Not even a tenth of what Naruto got.

Lesson for next time. Don't dump too much lore and magic system mumbo jumbo on the reader at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Other debuts include loads of true bankai forms, back stories galore, future babies and a very sizeable boob window for Orihime (Urahara thought Ichigo might enjoy it. ...Ichigo did in fact enjoy it).

I wonder if it'll be a straight up adaptation of if they'll polish some of the weaker parts and expand on the rushed ending.
    I can definitely see the final episodes having a more relaxed pacing to establish more of the 'where are they now' for the characters that didn't receive that until "Can't Fear Your Own World" came out. An adaptation of Can't Fear Your Own World would be cool too, but I imagine it would simply use that material to expand on the fates of the characters (ex: Giselle and Lillotto being alive, Candace being one of Mayuri's soldiers, Ywach being the new lynchpin, the Royal Guard coming back, Hallibel taking back control of Hueco Mundo, etc.)

Man, what a knockdown, drag-out beatdown of a battle the finale of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba has been.

spoilers:

Even with the main character's final power up, no one could actually manifest a scenario of beating Muzan in battle. It took the combined efforts of both the main and supporting cast just throwing themselves at him in spite of countless injuries, AND Muzan having secretly been poisoned to become weaker, just to keep him stuck engaged in combat all night until the fucking sun came up.
    end of spoilers

Watching Beastars on Netflix. Teen animal angst and sex. Weird but compelling.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I can definitely see the final episodes having a more relaxed pacing to establish more of the 'where are they now' for the characters that didn't receive that until "Can't Fear Your Own World" came out. An adaptation of Can't Fear Your Own World would be cool too, but I imagine it would simply use that material to expand on the fates of the characters (ex: Giselle and Lillotto being alive, Candace being one of Mayuri's soldiers, Ywach being the new lynchpin, the Royal Guard coming back, Hallibel taking back control of Hueco Mundo, etc.)
    I can definitely see some of the materials from Can't Fear Your Own World and WE DO knot ALWAYS LOVE YOU be adapted into added scenes for the anime, especially the stuff that lets us catch up with all those who were MIA in the final chapters.

But I was thinking more along the lines of expanding certain parts that deserved a bit more attention. Like letting Ichigo and Uryu show off more of their new powers, having Rukia be more of a part of the final battle, see Yhwach use Yamamoto's bankai, have Isshin and Ryuken do something more besides just show up, explain what the deal was with Pernida and Gerard being parts of the Soul King. Not necessarily change any of the important outcomes, but expand on everything we got. Stuff like that.

Even if they don't end up doing that, I'll be happy because Bleach is back! But it would be cool if they didn.

Extraordinary Member

And here's the stream that officially announces everything related to the Bleach and Burn the Witch projects.

The important bits.

- The Bleach anime will return for the final arc sometime next year.

- Burn the Witch will get a weekly serialization in Weekly Shounen Jump starting this summer. The story of the manga will start about one day after the one shot chapter.

- The Burn the Witch animated movie/OVA is a "mid-length" theatrical adaptation that will be released in autum of this year. Studio Colorido is producing it. It covers the one shot chapter.

- There will be a Bleach art exhibition in Japan next year, and they're looking into if they can get something done for it outside of Japan.

- Stern Ritters are going to be added to the Bleach Brave Souls mobile game, and it's going to have a collaboration with Burn the Witch.

- Kubo has finished a lot of his manuscripts for the manga so he's currently just chilling and playin Animal Crossing. Yes, this is important.

So a lot of that we already knew. But official announcements are still fun. Bleach is back and I'm so happy excited.

Extraordinary Member

And the trailer for Burn the Witch looks really good.

I retwatched all Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) this last week, it was a pretty nostalgic journey, man i have my problems with the ending, but they definitely put a lot of care in that anime especially the first half.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The good thing about the quarantine is that its a great time to catch up on 20 years of One Piece, lol.

Discovered a weird bit of obscure trivia today while looking up Dragon's Lair because of the Ryan Reynolds news.

Dragon's lair inspired other laserdisc games; one of these was "Cliff Hanger", which basically "Robotech"'d the first two Lupin movies (Mystery of Mamo and Castle of Cagliostro) into a "QTE" game, changing Lupin's name to "Cliff Hanger".

In GOONIES, Chunk's playing Cliff Hanger in the film's opening-you can make out part of the cabinet's decal really fast (The arcade screen doesn't show any Lupin footage though)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ysosrs View Post
    The good thing about the quarantine is that its a great time to catch up on 20 years of One Piece, lol.
    I still want to avoid watching or reading that series.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage