Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 926
  1. #871
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,371

    Default

    Huh, My Hero Academia season 4 will apparently end with Endeavor's big fight against Hood.

    I thought for sure that they wouldn't be able to get that far. But Bones had other plans.

    It'll be interesting to see exactly where the last episode of the season ends next week.

  2. #872

    Default

    Askeladd is the most interesting character in Vinland Saga, and most story focus is on him. Are wiki writers sure that Thorfinn is the true protagonist of that series? He's the bland angry guy who wants revenge for the death of his father, not much about him makes him worth notice, except that unlike Eren Jaeger, he's actually good at what he does.

    The idea of protagonist and vengeance reminds me of 91 Days. Avilio Bruno/Angelo Lagusa is a good character as a protagonist who seeks vengeance, he's entertaining and cunning, and you know the story is supposed to focus on him cause he's the true protagonist.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  3. #873
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post


    And the trailer for Burn the Witch looks really good.
    Watched it this morning, and it does look promising. I'll give it a watch!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #874

    Default

    I really hate Kurosaki Ichigo, and the storytelling in Bleach was not good once Ichigo and companions went to Soul Society to save Rukia, and by that I mean after coming across the siblings of his lookalike who worked with Rukia before he was killed. I'm going to ignore Burn the Witch cause it's from the author of garbage that apparently got worse as it further progressed.


    On a good note; I'm finally watching Deadman's Wonderland, and I think this might be what Mirai Nikki could have been with likable leads and good intro music (I think?). I kept reading and hearing reviews saying the leads of Mirai Nikki are scum so I avoided it, and I hate the intro song I've heard.


    On another good note; WOW, fans of My Hero Academia weren't exaggerating in praising this series. I binged three seasons after my brother offered to watch Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon in exchange of me watching this, and I love the world and the characters. First time I watched the first episode I felt bored and quit 7 minutes into it, I did not expect to love it on second viewing.

    Monoma Neito is one of the most entertaining small dose characters I've came across.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  5. #875
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,086

    Default

    Carole & Tuesday (airing on Netflix) is an absolutely amazing show I've loved from jump street. Well worth watching!

    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  6. #876
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,371

    Default

    My Hero Academia season 4 ended with quite the explosive and epic super hero fight in the sky, and a very cool tease of things to come for Izuku.

    Though the end of that fight is only the halfway point of that arc. We've still got the interesting part of it left.

    I also recently finished the director's cut version of Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another Word. That series is a gripping emotional roller coaster and the first isekai in quite some time that I just unapologetically loved. I'm really excited for season 2.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 04-05-2020 at 05:16 AM.

  7. #877
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    Started Gundam 00. While on the surface it seems a bit like Gundam Wing-A group of guys with unique Gundams and one female character who seems to be a troubled idealist; and clearly some forces behind the scenes pulling at least some of the strings-it's also very different. (Iron Blooded Orphans also had a somewhat similar set up, but also was otherwise totally different from Wing; also the ZAFT Gundam pilots from Seed seem to be the inverse of this, at least at first)


    For one thing, the Gundam Wing group didn't really form a cohesive unit until the last few episodes. Usually when they met each other they only seemed to only about two of them in the same place at the same time, and usually at least one of them was in a coma, lost their memories, or temporarily insane.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  8. #878
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Carole & Tuesday (airing on Netflix) is an absolutely amazing show I've loved from jump street. Well worth watching!

    I agreed, it was better than i expected.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  9. #879
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Started Gundam 00. While on the surface it seems a bit like Gundam Wing-A group of guys with unique Gundams and one female character who seems to be a troubled idealist; and clearly some forces behind the scenes pulling at least some of the strings-it's also very different. (Iron Blooded Orphans also had a somewhat similar set up, but also was otherwise totally different from Wing; also the ZAFT Gundam pilots from Seed seem to be the inverse of this, at least at first)


    For one thing, the Gundam Wing group didn't really form a cohesive unit until the last few episodes. Usually when they met each other they only seemed to only about two of them in the same place at the same time, and usually at least one of them was in a coma, lost their memories, or temporarily insane.
    So, who wears the bucket on Gundam 00?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  10. #880
    Fantastic Member Harbinger19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    KY, US
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Welp, all muh most anticipated anime been delayed. Spring Song, Oregairu S3, Re;Zero S2...

    ...I hate you, Corona-chan.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

    "This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

    "I will kill, I will let live..."

    --Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

  11. #881
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Welp, all muh most anticipated anime been delayed. Spring Song, Oregairu S3, Re;Zero S2...

    ...I hate you, Corona-chan.
    Also the 3rd Fate/Heaven's Feel film (and likely all anime theatrical films for the next few months) and, if you are into that sort if thing, ALL English language dubbing for the spring season have been cancelled or delayed as well.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  12. #882
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, who wears the bucket on Gundam 00?
    If you mean the "Char clone" it's Graham Aker which I kind of figured would be the one. Short blond hair, kind of has a bit of a slight swagger and maybe a hidden agenda, and then of course wears a mask later on.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  13. #883
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,207

    Default

    Here's a harem genre question for everyone since I can't find an example myself. Has there ever been a series where the 'latecomer girl' is the winner? I'm thinking not of the last girl from the first few episodes, but one introduced at least halfway through the first season, or in the second season, like Asumi from We Never Learn. Because in my experience that's the one character who always seems to have even less of a chance than the childhood friend (who often comes in behind the actual sister in anime...ick).
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  14. #884
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,735

    Default

    Not sure, but then again in Japanese RPG's the main character does almost always seem to end up with the first girl that he meets, it stands out like the sore thumb, regardless of how many other ladies like him including the childhood best friend...

  15. #885
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Here's a harem genre question for everyone since I can't find an example myself. Has there ever been a series where the 'latecomer girl' is the winner? I'm thinking not of the last girl from the first few episodes, but one introduced at least halfway through the first season, or in the second season, like Asumi from We Never Learn. Because in my experience that's the one character who always seems to have even less of a chance than the childhood friend (who often comes in behind the actual sister in anime...ick).
    Tenchi in Tokyo and the third Tenchi movie introduced a new girl that Tenchi falls for, but in both cases turned out to be an evil plot (and the third movie had him brainwashed to boot).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •