Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It is Truly Moments like these that Truly show the Truly Awesome Power that Anime has when all comes together in such Beauty! ����

This is why I love Anime;
    And the battle that followed was equally awe-inspiring.

Brief but epic in all the right ways.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Some of mine -

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War

Oresuki

My Hero Academia, Season 4

Dr. Stone

I'd put Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun on the list as well, but it's getting a dub so I've suspended watching until it's completed. What I've seen so far is hilarious.
    Oh yeah, Kaguya-sama: Love is War was last year too. Man, last year was great.

I've heard good stuff about Iruma-kun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oh yeah, Kaguya-sama: Love is War was last year too. Man, last year was great.

I've heard good stuff about Iruma-kun as well.
    Iruma-kun is the show that surprised nearly everybody - most reviewers actually dismissed it until word of mouth actually turned them onto it.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    English dub trailer.

Looks cool. And another lovely sounding song by Radwimps.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I finally watched Hyouka and loved it. But after the cultural festivities ended in episode 17 I felt like watching the remaining 5 episodes will be unnecessary to the overall plot or series, so I took my time with them and watched them pretty slowly before guessing that my guess wasn't a bad one.

I've enjoyed those five episodes, and episode 19 of Oreki Houtaro trying to prove to Chitanda Eru that he's not the brilliant detective she thinks of him is my favorite of that bunch of episodes.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I just watched Isekai Quartet Season 2 today. It was darn good. The characters' interactions with the Shield Hero are amusing.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nesday/.155456

Weathering with you has hit no 2 in the American box office in limited release! This is the second time a limited release anime movie has hit the top 2 in America! (dragonball hit no 1!) Why are these movies not getting a blasted full release? If it hits second place in 300 showings how much would it have got in wide release? Blast it Hollywood!

$1,586,217 yesterday and still in second place!

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-17-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Spectacular Member

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nesday/.155456

Weathering with you has hit no 2 in the American box office in limited release! This is the second time a limited release anime movie has hit the top 2 in America! (dragonball hit no 1!) Why are these movies not getting a blasted full release? If it hits second place in 300 showings how much would it have got in wide release? Blast it Hollywood!

$1,586,217 yesterday and still in second place!

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/
    Cool. Wonder if actually being Oscar nominated could have given it a boost.

It didn't get a Oscar nod.

Spectacular Member

It didn't get a Oscar nod.
    I know, I meant/wondered if getting it like some had hoped would have added even more interest. Not that it really needed it since it was already successful.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started a new show on Funimation last night called ID: Invaded which can be best described (well, described by me anyway) as Inception meets Criminal Minds, and it's plenty intriguing!

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-19-2020 at 03:56 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

After hitting second place fathom events is expanding weathering with you to more locations this weekend so check your movie listings!

With bad boys it will be knocked out of the no 2 spot but we need to keep this in the top 5 to show Hollywood full releases of anime films can make money! Everyone please go out and see this to keep it in the top 5! Some movies are airing it all day like a full release today! This may be our chance to show Hollywood they can release anime in wide release!

From box office mojo--

In limited release, after an excellent Wednesday premiere that saw GKids's Weathering with You take the #2 spot at the Wednesday box office, the film will go into 450 locations this weekend. The film has, so far, generated nearly $180 million at the global box office.

Update--

The Box Office Mojo website reported on Friday that Makoto Shinkai's Weathering With You anime film earned US$1,445,534 and ranked at #2 at the United States box office for Thursday, after also ranking at #2 on Wednesday. The film has earned US$3,039,961 in its first two days.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ursday/.155503
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-18-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started a new show on Crunchyroll last night, Science Fell In Love So I Tried To Prove It. The plot: A pair of brainy, good looking scientists, WOEFULLY clueless about romance find themselves becoming romantically attracted to each other (though they don't show it or know how to express their feelings), so they try to quantify love scientifically. The goofy factor of this romcom was what interested me in it.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

After the intense and brutal battles against the Shie Hassakai, it's time for some light-hearted fun with a school festival.

Saving Eri's soul and mind, Jiro taking some center stage and the introduction of Gentle. This is going to be a great second half!

Looks like while America gets studio ghibili films on HBO max The rest of the world gets them on netflix! Enjoy your spirited away and totoro early on netflix rest of the world!