Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Finished Akame Ga Kill.

Didn’t bother to read the summary so had no idea what I was in for when I started but it was a fun ride.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Finished the second season of Chihiyafuru last night, and it was every bit as much fun as the first season. Who knew that a show about an ancient card game and the scores of high schoolers who played it in nationwide competitions could be so damn enjoyable. A third season is said to be on the way. YEAH!!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

How does Tiger & Bunny compare to other superhero anime like One Punch Man and My Hero Academia?

I don't know which show will give me diabeetus first: Anima Yell! or Ms. Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood. Both shows feature off the hook, out of control cuteness the likes of which I haven't seen in quite some time.

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't know which show will give me diabeetus first: Anima Yell! or Ms. Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood. Both shows feature off the hook, out of control cuteness the likes of which I haven't seen in quite some time.
    So like Sweetness and Lightning then? That was a show with a required insulin dosage for viewing.

spoilers:
    For anyone concerned with the teacher student romance the show has, don't fret too much, it goes nowhere over the course of the anime. It doesn't really go anywhere in the manga either, and the teacher doesn't even notice anything until the girl is almost at graduation and he doesn't act on any of it. They are implied to try a date with each other after the epilogue issue, but by that point Tsumugi is graduating high school - making Kotori close to 30.
    end of spoilers
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So like Sweetness and Lightning then? That was a show with a required insulin dosage for viewing.

spoilers:
    For anyone concerned with the teacher student romance the show has, don't fret too much, it goes nowhere over the course of the anime. It doesn't really go anywhere in the manga either, and the teacher doesn't even notice anything until the girl is almost at graduation and he doesn't act on any of it. They are implied to try a date with each other after the epilogue issue, but by that point Tsumugi is graduating high school - making Kotori close to 30.
    end of spoilers
    Can't argue that!

So I'm wrapping up Mad Men and Tatsunoko productions actually became a fairly important plot point.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Almost finished with Chivalry of a Failed Knight. I feel like this show is better than it had any right to be.

Also, I’m starting to think that the whole “show based around a combat/battle school” thing is my jam.

Started the second season of Ace Attorney last night. While an often goofy legal eagle courtroom show, it has a particular charm that appealed to me. By the by, the dude with the Cyclops visor on steroids is a prosecutor in season two. See what I mean about goofy?

Has anyone been watching Shoumetsu Toshi? I've been considering picking it up, but I'm not sure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Finished Princess Principal yesterday (streaming on Amazon Prime Video). While I had no expectations for this show when I started watching, I wound up enjoying it considerably as it had a solid story, interesting characters and plenty of action and intrigue (teenage spies in a 19th century London steampunk setting), making it a worthy watch.

Thanks to WPP I ended up getting the boxed set for PP. And I have been watching it almost non stop, it just doesn't get old or boring. Storytelling and character development at it's best. It's also encouraged me to delve into more 'noirish' anime. And I'm feeding my story addiction that way.

I just finished watching both seasons of Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion. OMG what a fantastic ride. Lelouche is a brilliant chess master. I plan on re-watching it. I have also finished watching season 1 of Psycho Pass. Not as good as PP or CG but still far more sophisticated than anything I've seen in theaters. I find the action and detective stuff pedestrian. But the philosophy about a controlled society is very interesting. I will be will be tuning into Psycho Pass the movie soon.
    • “We do not choose our destinies but we must do our duty no? Great or small we must do our duty.”- Stannis Baratheon
    • “Physical books are more than just the words they contain. They are also tools that stimulate the senses & adjust our thinking”-Makashima

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    HELL YEAH, THE GODDAMN MAFIA ARC! Loved the hell out of this arc in the manga. Can't wait to see the fights in the raid animated finally.

Ready your stomachs! I just heard that the fourth season of Food Wars will be served up in October!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    HELL YEAH, THE GODDAMN MAFIA ARC! Loved the hell out of this arc in the manga. Can't wait to see the fights in the raid animated finally.
    Agreed. I've been looking forward to this arc getting animated for quite some time now. Since it's the longest arc in the manga it'll be interesting to see how the anime team deals with then length.

I hope that they can get all the wy through the school festival arc since that one is a nice ending point for several aspects that get introduced in the mafia arc.