Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Saw the Bleach movie last week on Netflix. It was great. Not perfect, but much closer to live action Rurouni Kenshin than live action Fullmetal Alchemist in terms of quality. Even the CGI looked good most of the time.

In My Hero Academia we get one of my favourite villain focused side stories (though they're missing a cool bit of body horror but that's understandable). And we're introduced to the top three students of U.A. and a new villain. The villain's name is "F*** that guy". I know that they call him Overhaul, or Chisaki in later episodes. But his real name is "F*** that guy".

Or rather, that's the short version of his real name. His full real name is "F*** that guy to hell and stab him dead with rusty pokers because he's a piece of garbage McGee". He's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Hanebado is a really bad adaptation of Hanebad. They took a really charming sports manga with a fun cast of characters, and made it SUPER-EDGEY. Uchika is not that bad in the manga, and none of the kids are nearly as mean spirited and depressing as they are in the show. I gave it up after they turned Connie into such a mean girl psycho.
    The difference is that big? Huh. I might have to read it now just to see exactly what the difference is.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 09-24-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Oh, *that* arc is about to start for MHA, eh? Can't wait to see how they handle the climax of it because... WHEW.

Can't wait to see Lemillion one shot the entire class. That is going to be hilarious! Tin-tin + Kitty Pryde + the tick = nude ballistic missile.
    You're like Witches in Salem. Just fuel for my fire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Oh, *that* arc is about to start for MHA, eh? Can't wait to see how they handle the climax of it because... WHEW.
    That's going to have to wait for next season though. Next week is the final episode of this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Can't wait to see Lemillion one shot the entire class. That is going to be hilarious! Tin-tin + Kitty Pryde + the tick = nude ballistic missile.
    Lemillion is awesome. I hope the animation really captures how fast he is.

But to be honest I'm more excited to see Tamaki be a super anxious pure boy.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started Jikken Hin Kazoku (a.k.a. Frankenstein Family) last night and found it interesting.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Finally saw the first episode of Violet Evergarden, and it's a nice opening episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Started Jikken Hin Kazoku (a.k.a. Frankenstein Family) last night and found it interesting.

[IMG]https://www.animeclick.it/immagini/anime/Shiyan_Pin_Jiating/cover/Shiyan_Pin_Jiating-cover.jpg[IMG]

Why does the blonde have giant spider legs sticking out of her back like that?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Happy Sugar Life was a wild ride. I was firmly behind Satou until spoilers:
    she murdered her best friend
    end of spoilers. Satou's Aunt became my favorite crazy person in the cast. It was fun whenever she was on screen being unsettling and creepy. I found the ending to be satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Finally saw the first episode of Violet Evergarden, and it's a nice opening episode.

Why does the blonde have giant spider legs sticking out of her back like that?
    She’s a human/spider hybrid. Oh, yeah, she a tsundere too.

Extraordinary Member

And so ends another season of My Hero Academia with a bit of lighter episode that does a good job of showing off Mirio's skill and his personality. It's a good choice to end right before we get to Shigaraki's meeting with Overhaul. That's a good cliffhanger.

It's been a good season with some great highlight episodes and nice additions that weren't in the manga. The two odd filler episodes that were a bit weird but harmless, and while I did enjoy the aforementioned additions, they weren't as well managed as in season 2. But the highs of this season more than makes up for the lows.

Next season will be interesting from a structual stand point. The next arc is the longest of the series (even the author felt that it got too long), and there are like 2-3 mini arcs before a major issue from the long arc gets resolved in a satisfying manner. So how that'll all be handled will be fascinating to see.

Started Phantom in the Twilight yesterday and I'm already intrigued with this show!

BANNED

I watched a few episodes of the series "Phantom in the Twilight". It was a bit good.

Extraordinary Member

Watched the last two episodes of Hanebado!.

With how uneven the series has been overall in terms of storytelling I'm surprised with how satisfying the last streches how character development is. The final match between Ayano and Nagisa engaging and exciting, and the progress both make as characters actually feels natural and like it addresses most of what's been going on with both of them. Ayano's development in particular had me shedding a few tears with hope happy I was for her.

But nobody told off Ayano's mom for being a shitty parent, that was unsatisfying. The series does make it clear that she's in the wrong and though she's the cause of Ayano's complex she's not really the villain to beat. But I still wanted somebody to tell her off.

Also, no proper resolution for Connie. That's weird.

This has been a weirdly interesting take on the typical shounen sports series. I've enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

The spider sister is my favorite character on this show, but the whole cast is very likable.

Has anyone else watched Calamity of a Zombie Girl yet? I decided to watch it recently as part of the whole ramping up to Halloween thing, and holy crap! The girl was far from a traditional zombie, and was pretty cute and likable I thought to be honest, but it was a pretty brutal and gory film too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

While the new anime season settles in I been catching up on some series in my backlog.

I watched Princess Principal on Amazon. The moment I saw it was an espionage series set in alternate 19th century England I was instantly hooked. It was a bit confusing for at the start since the episodes are not in chronological order and it took me like 4 episodes to catch on to that. In some episodes the details of some missions are never made clear which is annoying. According to the episode titles the girls done 24 cases while it's a 12 episode series. Got me curious about those missing cases. The show is getting a second season as a series of films so maybe it can fill in some blanks.

I started binging Cells at Work. It's pretty damn ingenious to make an action series about the functions of the human body. With all the crap this body has to go through like getting the flu, suffering food poisoning, getting parasites, cancer, allergies, heat stroke and hemorrhagic shock makes me wonder what kind of life the host lives. The Platelets are adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I watched Princess Principal on Amazon. The moment I saw it was an espionage series set in alternate 19th century England I was instantly hooked. It was a bit confusing for at the start since the episodes are not in chronological order and it took me like 4 episodes to catch on to that. In some episodes the details of some missions are never made clear which is annoying. According to the episode titles the girls done 24 cases while it's a 12 episode series. Got me curious about those missing cases. The show is getting a second season as a series of films so maybe it can fill in some blanks.
    I've also been watching and enjoying PP. A cloak and dagger series set in a steampunk setting intrigued me from jump street.