Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I have just watched Parallel World bar "Nobu" episode 3. The episode is good. Hildegaard-chan is very cute. The tofu dish looks very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm watching Asobi Asobase and it appeals to my love for goofy stuff. I've said this show is (in my opinion) the spiritual successor to Nichijou. Here's other summer shows I'm watching (in alphabetical order):

Cells At Work!
    Hanebado!
    Happy Sugar Life
    Harakuna Receive
    How Not To Summon A Demon Lord
    Island
    I am going to check Cells At Work! and Hanebado!

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: Oh no.

Next episode is a filler episode, and it's the worst kind of filler episode. It's filler episode that has nothing to do with the current plot, but it's been shoved into an ongoing plot, which makes the main story take a rather awkward pause.

I wouldn't have minded this if they could've placed at like the end of the season or something, and not in the middle of this big challenge that the characters are going through.

The episode itself was real fun this week though. Lots of neat little additions and fun animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My Hero Academia: Oh no.

Next episode is a filler episode, and it's the worst kind of filler episode. It's filler episode that has nothing to do with the current plot, but it's been shoved into an ongoing plot, which makes the main story take a rather awkward pause.

I wouldn't have minded this if they could've placed at like the end of the season or something, and not in the middle of this big challenge that the characters are going through.

The episode itself was real fun this week though. Lots of neat little additions and fun animations.
    What I am reading elsewhere is that in Japan there is a weeklong charity event where most TV programs have been superseded except those that have done a tie-in show. Hearing that it seems less like MHA is doing a bad filler route and more that they are supporting a national event. The episode may still not be what we hope, but seeing a more legitimate reason lessens my concern.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What I am reading elsewhere is that in Japan there is a weeklong charity event where most TV programs have been superseded except those that have done a tie-in show. Hearing that it seems less like MHA is doing a bad filler route and more that they are supporting a national event. The episode may still not be what we hope, but seeing a more legitimate reason lessens my concern.
    Ok, that makes it better. And it makes sense.

A bit of unfortunate timing from a narrative perspective, but if the team is using the show's popularity to support a charity then that's all right.

BANNED

I have watched the anime Parallel World bar "Nobu" episode 4. The episode is about sashimi. Raw fish.

Sashimi is indeed delicious.

Decided to start watching My Hero Academy to see what all the fuzz was about, after watching the first season i find it quite enjoyable to be honest, definitely would continue soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Decided to start watching My Hero Academy to see what all the fuzz was about, after watching the first season i find it quite enjoyable to be honest, definitely would continue soon.
    The second season is even better. They have one of the most believable tournament arcs I have seen and it gets used for some actual character development.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I am going to check Cells At Work! and Hanebado!
    If you watch Cells At Work, beware of the Platelets who are insanely CUTE!!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

New Heaven's Feel trailer. Damn this looks amazing. I have officially decided to go into a medically induced coma for the next 2 years so when I wake up I can just watch the movies back to back without the horrible waiting. Yes, this is obviously the most sensible course of action.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    New Heaven's Feel trailer. Damn this looks amazing. I have officially decided to go into a medically induced coma for the next 2 years so when I wake up I can just watch the movies back to back without the horrible waiting. Yes, this is obviously the most sensible course of action.

Heaven's Feel trailer is amazing to me too. It was definitely worth the horrible wait since the original virtual novel came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The second season is even better. They have one of the most believable tournament arcs I have seen and it gets used for some actual character development.
    Good to know, i'm definetly more interested now .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post

That looks mighty pretty.

I'm feeling pretty hype for the Berseker vs Darth Saber fight promised at the end. And I really want Archer to beat the shit out of Assassin. Looks like Illya has a bigger role here as well, that worries me.

MADE IN ABYSS

spoilers:
    The main adults are pretty careless and foolish in this series, how they allow a child to travel deep into the abyss to find her mom despite everyone knowing the dangers on someone with such young body and limited experience and knowledge.
    The only sane person is a child who agrees to this insanity after deciding he should apologize for being frustrated and saying something insensitive, and possibly true.
    end of spoilers

That aside, it's an interesting series with characters that are pleasant to follow, but not one I'd wish to sit through a second time.
    The score is great.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    MADE IN ABYSS

spoilers:
    The main adults are pretty careless and foolish in this series, how they allow a child to travel deep into the abyss to find her mom despite everyone knowing the dangers on someone with such young body and limited experience and knowledge.
    The only sane person is a child who agrees to this insanity after deciding he should apologize for being frustrated and saying something insensitive, and possibly true.
    end of spoilers

That aside, it's an interesting series with characters that are pleasant to follow, but not one I'd wish to sit through a second time.
    The score is great.
    spoilers:
    They allow it because the child herself is fully aware of the risk and she doesn't even expect to ever be able to return to the surface. She knows what she's doing is effectively suicide and decided to do it anyway
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    They allow it because the child herself is fully aware of the risk and she doesn't even expect to ever be able to return to the surface. She knows what she's doing is effectively suicide and decided to do it anyway
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Still feels sort of clumsy and irresponsible from adults who can catch up to her, even knowing they made sure she has some protection, and better training.
    end of spoilers
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage