Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast
    All-New Member

So I just recently Finished HighSchool DxD and I have to admit that this show is a BLAST! The love story of man and demons is just so cool. Can't wait for season 5.

Ultimate Member

I didn't know that there was a season 5 as I thought that season 4 was it, just glad that they let Issei end up with all of the ladies and such...though I would have added a couple from the anime to the group...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I didn't know that there was a season 5 as I thought that season 4 was it, just glad that they let Issei end up with all of the ladies and such...though I would have added a couple from the anime to the group...
    Hell, it hadn't been all that long since I learned there was a season FOUR.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Though for some reason they changed the art for season 4, I know that they're just in the anime but I would have added Katase and her brunette kendo club friend that starts with an M to the mix, just so that they could go from really ripping into Issei to having his kids down the line as a lot of character change and development...

On the heels of All Out!!, a new anime about rugby just started on Crunchyroll....Try Knights!

Tried Boruto last week. I somehow managed to reach episode 20 something, around when Sasuke and his daughter meet, before i gave up.

It's not that it's awful but damn it's boring. And that's from someone who enjoys watching slice of life animes like Azumanga Daioh.

Naruto is cool in that stuff though, i like the older him far better than i ever liked him in the two previous shows.
    "A bottomless pit is the safest place to be"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I been catching up on O Maidens in Your Savage Season. I should have watched this weekly. This show is too difficult for me to watch on a binge. I get to overcome with "please don't do this" feeling whenever I see these characters do something embarrassing. The over the top melodrama is exhausting.

I watched the first episode of Oresuki yesterday. It starts slow but becomes more amusingly absurd after the love confessions start. The third one has something very close to the Imperial March playing in the background when it hits, which should tell you what the MC is in for.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Watched the first two episodes of Carole & Tuesday (Netflix) and found the show to have been delightful. Set on a futuristic Mars, two girls, one an orphan living on her own (Carole), the other from a wealthy family (Tuesday), but both sharing a deep passion for music meet and embark on their dream to become popular singers.

Being in the United States, American football started up a few weeks ago and an old favorite came to mind, Eyeshield 21. The only anime, and manga, I'm aware of that is about American football. It's a pretty fun series, and covers a lot of the basics of the sport for newcomers, and plenty of fun plots. The anime, while good, and gave voice to the likes of the Huh-huh Bros., left out a lot of good stuff from the manga. Also of note, the artist of the manga is the same as One Punch Man.

Plus, Hiruma Yoichi is awesome.

I could be wrong, but I think there have been shows done for just about every major sport save for ice hockey and curling.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think there have been shows done for just about every major sport save for ice hockey and curling.
    True. But something I learned from the series, is that American football has been in Japan since the 1930s. They even have high school and collegiate teams, including semi-pro. It's still a niche sport there, but still interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    True. But something I learned from the series, is that American football has been in Japan since the 1930s. They even have high school and collegiate teams, including semi-pro. It's still a niche sport there, but still interesting.
    Really? I didn't know that! Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Curling does have a manga though, in Orange Delivery.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Extraordinary Member

Just a few more days to the premiere of My Hero Academia season 4.

I'm very excited.