Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here's an "out of left field" premise for a show that's supposed to be coming out soon or soonish this year:

Backstreet Girls
    A group of 3 yakuza failed their boss for the last time. After messing up an important job, the boss gave them 2 choices: honorably commit suicide, or go to Thailand to get a sex reassignment surgery in order to become "female" idols. After a gruesome year training to become idols, they successfully debut, with overwhelming popularity, much to their dismay. This is where their tragedy truly begins.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here's an "out of left field" premise for a show that's supposed to be coming out soon or soonish this year:

Backstreet Girls
    A group of 3 yakuza failed their boss for the last time. After messing up an important job, the boss gave them 2 choices: honorably commit suicide, or go to Thailand to get a sex reassignment surgery in order to become "female" idols. After a gruesome year training to become idols, they successfully debut, with overwhelming popularity, much to their dismay. This is where their tragedy truly begins.

I haven't watched the anime but i did read the manga.

whoever did the sex reassignment surgery on them did a marvelous job. Even a man's bone structure was completely changed.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Backstreet Girls
    I'm surprised this is the first I'm hearing of the show. This sounds like something people would get offended by and freak out about. Especially if you consider the reaction something as goofy as Keijo!!!!! received not so long ago.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I'm surprised this is the first I'm hearing of the show. This sounds like something people would get offended by and freak out about. Especially if you consider the reaction something as goofy as Keijo!!!!! received not so long ago.
    Well, you should try reading the manga Backstreet Girls, but i think it's better to first watch the anime version.

I enjoyed reading the manga Backstreet Girls.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I'm surprised this is the first I'm hearing of the show. This sounds like something people would get offended by and freak out about. Especially if you consider the reaction something as goofy as Keijo!!!!!!!! received not so long ago.
    You left out three exclamation points in the title. Accuracy is important.

As for Backstreet Girls, I’ll see about looking for the manga and learn who has the streaming rights.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

i just watched Himawari episode 10. Not bad. It was a fun episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    spoilers:
    Still feels sort of clumsy and irresponsible from adults who can catch up to her, even knowing they made sure she has some protection, and better training.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Eh. By that point she was an actual orphan, the orphange could only keep itself going by sending the kids out for artifact collecting anyway, most people who do that for a prolonged period either become delvers or die to mysterious illnesses, and the circumstances of Riko's birth probably had most of the senior whistles assuming she was a dead person walking anyway. Jirou might have pulled her back if he had found her, but Hablog did, and.... well.... he let Riko and Reg go on.

Or, to put it Immortal Weapon's way - the way all delvers die is going into the Abyss. The only question is how they go. So most of the other delvers decide to help Riko so she at least dies without regrets. It might have been different if Riko could have been convinced to do anything else with her life, but.... it was obvious what she was going to do.
    end of spoilers
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

This Video is just one of Many Examples of Just Why and How Epic, Beautiful, Full of Life, Lovely Music and just All Around Why Anime Is So LOVED!!!

Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!

~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This Video is just one of Many Examples of Just Why and How Epic, Beautiful, Full of Life, Lovely Music and just All Around Why Anime Is So LOVED!!!

i agree. Too bad not many millennials even know about this anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I remember that VHS! It was Clash of the Bionoids!

Seriously, Macross: Do You Remember Love is a gem. I still hum that song now and again.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    I remember that VHS! It was Clash of the Bionoids!

Seriously, Macross: Do You Remember Love is a gem. I still hum that song now and again.
    I am in the Later Part of GENERATION X, so I can understand how easy it is to miss such gems for later generations, but when the younger do find it and I hope many of the millennials do I am sure they will love this too.

I have seen a decent amount of Macross in My life, but this is Also been recently New to Me but it encompasses ALL that I like about the Series and Even Better ANIME in General!

I keep finding New Additions to Classics I Love and This is one of them, I just ordered the DVD so I can watch the Full Movie, Truly This is indeed a Gem I have to add to my Lexicon of Life Experience, Knowledge and Love after seeing this Moment alone!

Anime Just Always Continue to Surprise me with just how many classics their are still out their to see, but SO Much to still discovery and enjoy!
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!

~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Millennial, born in 1989. And honestly, I enjoy a lot of the older series, but I usually go by genre, not just age. Usually comedy, generally paired with action. Dragon Ball, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki (took me awhile to find out that other versions had been made, but this one is still the best), etc.

Extraordinary Member

I am enjoying Hanebado!, but sometimes it feels like there are certain scenes missing.

Like, why was Connie all friendly and wanting to be a family with Ayano in this episode when she was pretty antagonistic last time they met?

Still, Ayano's development is fascinating to watch. Now drag your mom's ass through the dirt!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I am enjoying Hanebado!, but sometimes it feels like there are certain scenes missing.

Like, why was Connie all friendly and wanting to be a family with Ayano in this episode when she was pretty antagonistic last time they met?

Still, Ayano's development is fascinating to watch. Now drag your mom's ass through the dirt!
    That confused me as well. The jump in Connie's characterization made no sense to me.

I really want to see Ayano verbally brutalize her mom. In Connie's flashbacks she appeared to have no remorse over abandoning her and using Connie as a replacement goldfish.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-29-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That confused me as well. The jump in Connie's characterization made no sense to me.

I really want to see Ayano gave verbally brutalize her mom. In Connie's flashbacks she appeared to have no remorse over abandoning her and using Connie as a replacement goldfish.
    I hope that the series sticks to Uchika is in fact a shitty mom and a shitty person. I don't want any last minute redemption from or that she was secretly helping them or anything.

Just call her BS out and then hopefully have Ayano start healing with the help of her friends.