Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    This one?

Yep, that would be one of them.
    I don't actually remember it well, I was very young, but it was either this or another similar half forgotten little people in the forest show I kept warmly flashing back to watching this anime.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I've fallen in love with My Hero so much so fast, in just 3 days since my binge watching. I've changed my avatar already, lol.
    Welcome aboard! Fantastic story. I got into it a couple years ago. I remember I had the first episode, watched it, and thought "this is alright" and then proceeded to get distracted for months and didn't continue on. Finally got around to getting back to it, saw episode two and was so blown away I never looked back.

A manga that takes heavy (if not pretty much total) inspiration from American superhero comics, and does it way better than anything the big two puts out these days.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-09-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

Extraordinary Member

I think this is the opening that starts with episode 15? I watch the dub and just got to that episode and that was my first time seeing it. I like it a lot. Looks like the story might head towards Earphone Jack. It's her time to shine?!
    The story will definitely roll into Jiro's wheelhouse with this coming arc, and it's part of why it's one of my favourite arcs. Jiro has always been one of my favourite characters in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Welcome aboard! Fantastic story. I got into it a couple years ago. I remember I had the first episode, watched it, and thought "this is alright" and then proceeded to get distracted for months and didn't continue on. Finally got around to getting back to it, saw episode two and was so blown away I never looked back.

A manga that takes heavy (if not pretty much total) inspiration from American superhero comics, and does it way better than anything the big two puts out these days.
    It really is awesome. I'm on a quick rewatch of season 3 because I had to wait for the new episode of season 4 to get dubbed, and I forgot just how great this season was. The fight between Deku and Muscular was amazing. Compared to the current season it's great to see that other characters are getting focus in rotations. Uravity's my favorite! Do you read the manga? I only watch. I've considered buying all the volumes out now and then getting into it, but it sucks to start so far behind. With the show, I can just watch the episodes and catch up, but it's different with reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The story will definitely roll into Jiro's wheelhouse with this coming arc, and it's part of why it's one of my favourite arcs. Jiro has always been one of my favourite characters in the series.
    I'm looking forward to it! I like all the characters, but Uravity and Deku are my favorite!
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

but it was either this or another similar half forgotten little people in the forest show I kept warmly flashing back to watching this anime.
    Was the other show the little bits? It aired after david the gnome.

Nick also had this one.

Lupin stage show at universal studios japan.

It really is awesome. I'm on a quick rewatch of season 3 because I had to wait for the new episode of season 4 to get dubbed, and I forgot just how great this season was. The fight between Deku and Muscular was amazing. Compared to the current season it's great to see that other characters are getting focus in rotations. Uravity's my favorite! Do you read the manga? I only watch. I've considered buying all the volumes out now and then getting into it, but it sucks to start so far behind. With the show, I can just watch the episodes and catch up, but it's different with reading.
    Ochako's great! I dont' know if I even have a favorite, I like them all so much. As for how I consume, there are a couple elements of where the manga is at that I've inadvertently been spoiled a bit on, but mostly with this story I'm pretty anime-exclusive. I'm not really sure why, I'm not like that all the time, (I both watch and read Black Clover for example), that's just the way I've rolled for this one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

With Black Clover anime having already covered the defeat of the Word Soul Devil, I would have thought they'd slow down and filler-extend the cool-down since they are so close to the Manga material, but nope, exploded head first right into the Kangaroo Court Trial.

Extraordinary Member

Ochako's great! I dont' know if I even have a favorite, I like them all so much.
    I once made a tier list of class 1A to cheer up a friend.

Class 1A.jpg

It's still pretty accurate for me. And this is not counting any other characters besides these 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    With Black Clover anime having already covered the defeat of the Word Soul Devil, I would have thought they'd slow down and filler-extend the cool-down since they are so close to the Manga material, but nope, exploded head first right into the Kangaroo Court Trial.
    Well, the trial happened almost immediately after the invasion. But I wouldn't be surprised if they milked filler material out of the six months of training. Otherwise they are going to catch up to the manga real soon. And that can only be bad.

Class 1A.jpg

It's still pretty accurate for me. And this is not counting any other characters besides these 20.
    I like Froppy and Mina more than Jiro, but Mineta's place in that list is perfect, with the possible exception that he might be placed too high.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Class 1A.jpg
    Good tier list! The only change for me is that I'd put Bakugo down into the "Pretty Cool" category.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 02-11-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Ochako's great! I dont' know if I even have a favorite, I like them all so much. As for how I consume, there are a couple elements of where the manga is at that I've inadvertently been spoiled a bit on, but mostly with this story I'm pretty anime-exclusive. I'm not really sure why, I'm not like that all the time, (I both watch and read Black Clover for example), that's just the way I've rolled for this one.
    Well said! I took a liking to Uraraka 'cause I think her bubbly personality is great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I like Froppy and Mina more than Jiro, but Mineta's place in that list is perfect, with the possible exception that he might be placed too high.
    I love Jiro for her creative quirk, general design and she's just the type of character type I enjoy. She's also rather fortunate in having quite a lot of good showings and scenes for a side character.

I guess one could've put in an empty tier representing people possibly joining the class later on (crossing my fingers for Shinso to do so), and leave Mineta at a lower place.
    Good tier list! The only change for me is that I'd put Bakugo down into the "Pretty Cool" category.
    Based on his recent behavior in the manga Bakugo would actually drop down quite a bit for me.

Or rather, I might have one placing for Bakugo when he interacts with Izuku and one for when he interacts with literally anybody else.

I just watched the My Hero Academia movie....

The scene in the final fight where they do a team-up Detroit Smash...