Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 874
  1. #796
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I just watched the My Hero Academia movie....

    The scene in the final fight where they do a team-up Detroit Smash...
    It's a fun movie, and that final team up is basically worth the price of admission on its own.

  2. #797
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,547

    Default

    Just a quick question, are there many if any harem anime where the main character actually has kids with more than one of the ladies, I know that it happens in HighSchool DXD but not sure of others...

  3. #798
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just a quick question, are there many if any harem anime where the main character actually has kids with more than one of the ladies, I know that it happens in HighSchool DXD but not sure of others...
    In Tenchi Muyo OVA continuity Tenchi will canonically get together with every girl in the harem and has children with at least two so far, but that's in written material that goes beyond what the series itself covers (unless OVA 5 maybe has an epilogue covering it)

  4. #799
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    757

    Default

    I checked out the first and next to last episode of Marmalde Boy; quite a contrast between wacky premise and heavy soap opera drama!

  5. #800
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    In Tenchi Muyo OVA continuity Tenchi will canonically get together with every girl in the harem and has children with at least two so far, but that's in written material that goes beyond what the series itself covers (unless OVA 5 maybe has an epilogue covering it)
    I just guessed that the number of them were few and far between, and I didn't think that there were many that ended up like DxD with Issei having at least one kid with each of the ladies...

  6. #801
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    20,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I checked out the first and next to last episode of Marmalde Boy; quite a contrast between wacky premise and heavy soap opera drama!
    You want heavy drama? Watch Rumbling Hearts, but be careful, you might want to stick your head in an oven afterward.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  7. #802
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just guessed that the number of them were few and far between, and I didn't think that there were many that ended up like DxD with Issei having at least one kid with each of the ladies...
    There are a few harem anime that actually end with a harem scenario, but among that few there are even fewer that look ahead into the future far enough that we see babies from different mothers. Koihime Musuou does it in several of the game endings, but the anime adaptation removed the male POV character from the story.

  8. #803
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    There are a few harem anime that actually end with a harem scenario, but among that few there are even fewer that look ahead into the future far enough that we see babies from different mothers. Koihime Musuou does it in several of the game endings, but the anime adaptation removed the male POV character from the story.
    I know that the Mushibugyo manga ended with the main character fathering children he had with all of his possible love interests in the epilogue chapter. But the anime never got that far.

  9. #804
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,547

    Default

    I just view the harem anime's and such in two ways, one in which the main guy just has a group of ladies that he's not really with in terms of having a real relationship with each of them and he really isn't close to them, then there's the harem anime where he and each of the ladies have a real connection and the story develops their individual relationships, usually in the first case the main guy ends up with only one of the ladies and they go from there, I prefer the second version where he ends up with them all of their own free will as he has a real connection with the individual ladies like with Issei and his harem...

  10. #805
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    20,381

    Default

    You don’t see much in the way of reverse harem shows with a girl being courted by hot guys. My favorite from this sub-genre is Fushigi Yugi. A more recent show that I enjoyed was the romcom Kiss Him, Not Me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #806
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You don’t see much in the way of reverse harem shows with a girl being courted by hot guys. My favorite from this sub-genre is Fushigi Yugi. A more recent show that I enjoyed was the romcom Kiss Him, Not Me.
    Yona of the Dawn also qualifies as a reverse harem, although there isn't a focus on the romantic aspects of the story in the anime.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  12. #807
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You don’t see much in the way of reverse harem shows with a girl being courted by hot guys. My favorite from this sub-genre is Fushigi Yugi.
    Awesome! Fushigi Yugi is my all-time favorite, as well.

    spoilers:
    When all is said & done, the heroine ends up with only one boyfriend.
    end of spoilers

    But, I still thought it was a great anime series.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-15-2020 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

  13. #808
    BANNED Zauriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I watched GTO which stands for Great Teacher Onizuka. It was fun to watch. I loved it.

  14. #809
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,174

    Default

    Saw Weathering With You last friday.

    It is a visual masterpiece that also tells a heartwarming and odd story with a rather strange but fascinating ending.

    I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

  15. #810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I watched GTO which stands for Great Teacher Onizuka. It was fun to watch. I loved it.
    Excellent. And now you should try to read the manga to go PLUS, ULTRA.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •