Page 62 of 103 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

I enjoyed season three a lot more than I did the first two. Still wish they would go for it with more comics accurate costumes. I want to see Matt in the full-on comics suit and hopping around buildings with the clubs used as grappling hooks and him not getting injured beyond belief every time. Bullseye in his own suit would be cool too. He was alright as a character. Kind of unsurprising that they have him developmental and rage problems like they did with Fisk in season 1. Hope that minimizes and he morphs into a version closer to the comics if the show comes back and he’s still in it. The Nadeem story was very compelling and crazy. It could’ve been a show in itself. I’m glad they didn’t kill Karen off. Disappointed that they had to throw in the drug stuff, but I guess they felt obligated to include something from her part in Born Again without destroying the present version of the character. I really wish they would bring her back in the comics. I like Elektra and all, but she hasn’t been Matt’s love interest for some time and Karen was Matt’s original love interest at Daredevil’s inception.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I'm very curious to who's going to be the main villain to Daredevil Season 4. As great of an adversary to Daredevil as he is, I would imagine they would give Fisk a break. Dex becoming a full fledged Bullseye seems like the obvious choice but I still can't help but feel like they may go with an additional villain to intertwine with that. Even though he doesn't necessarily have a vast rogues gallery, Daredevil still has a solid rogues gallery. I would love to see an underrated Daredevil villain like Mr. Fear brought to the forefront.
    Mr Fear certainly seems a popular choice. I've seen a number of people say they want to see him as a villain in Daredevil. I feel like the showrunners would probably pick the Larry Cranston version of the character if they used him.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ If they go Mr. Fear, they should go Cranston. My pitch is to have them investigate Calvin Zabo because they think it's him only to reveal that Zabo is in a catatonic state after being exposed to his own gas. They eventually realize that Zabo's lawyer is Cranston (a man they've been going up against in cases). My other request is to not make the gas cause hallucinations. I realize that this is a visual medium and being afraid is hard to show visually (although they could use sound effectively with racing heart rates and all that), but he's not the Scarecrow and it's best to not be accused of ripping that character off.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Anyone read daredevil father?

It's on the comixology daredevil sale, might grab the epic collection man without fear vol 1 #1-21
    Yeah, it's a truly terrible story. I'm not sure if the word "father" will be enough to pull up the last discussion but maybe try a search of this thread and see if it comes up.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Anyone read daredevil father?

It's on the comixology daredevil sale, might grab the epic collection man without fear vol 1 #1-21
    I asked this question in the previous Daredevil appreciation thread Raffi Ol D'Arcy and Mike_Murdock gave me some good informations about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy
    Father isn't a great story, in fact it's pretty bad and is generally panned by DD fans. I'm also not a fan. Quesada drew DD as a "lanky" muscular type in the regular DD run, whereas in Father, Quesada has him massively beefed up. There are a few nice moments very nicely drawn between father and son. I would say, it's really only for Daredevil completionists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock
    I think it's one of the worst Daredevil stories ever written. When someone points out what was written in tiny print towards the end of the story (which I couldn't read myself), it nearly retroactively ruined everything about Daredevil. It's just a dumb, ugly, joyless story. The fact his motivation for the story came from such a good place makes it all the more tragic.
    source: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iation/page265

Afterwards I read this story and yeah I wasn't impressed either lol. That's what I said previously:

Quote Originally Posted by Hush
    So I finally got the chance to read the Father mini and let's just say this is not a story I will read again. At first the mini was interesting, Matt searching for this serial killer, the mood of the story, the characters interactions and some of the art were great but unfortunately that's about it, in the end I was just asking myself : "What was the point of this story?"

Okay first Daredevil looks like a superhero from the 90s full of steroids, only things missing are a gun and some pouches, I don't know maybe Quesada wanted to draw Daredevil closer to the Batman from the Dark Knight Returns, but on the other hand the city landscape is really impressive and thanks to the colors it really make Hell's Kitchen a scary place, I also really like the use of the red color.
    The tone of the story and the mystery about the serial killer are interesting at first, but then at the story goes on it become lackluster because the pacing is really off thanks to the inclusion of the santerians.
    By the way what whas the point of this team? They hurt the flow of the story and serve almost no purpose, except for another dumb revelation.

The twist about the identity of the serial killer is a little silly but hey I can admit I didn't see this one coming. Now about the infamous moment in the last issue, it's really done in a bad taste it could have been interesting in the hands of a better writer but in the end I don't see the point of it, especially when this story is supposed to be an hommage to Quesada's father, I don't know what he was thinking when he wrote this twist and the scene that follows.

So yeah, this story is a mess and I think I'm gonna pass on this Marvel Knights Omnibus and just keep my OHC, that's more than enough for me.
    And despite all of that I'm still thinking about buying the Marvel Knights Omnibus and sell my old OHC... Same for Shadowland, it's the only modern Daredevil omnibus I'm missing right now, tough choice

Astonishing Member

Loved Daredevil Season Three. At the same level of the first season. If pressed which I prefer, I'd still go for the first season.

It would be cool to see the Owl or Mr.Fear in a future season.

Bullseye should come back but i dont think he should be the main threat.

It would be interesting to see them try out TenFingers. He might too over the top for the Netflix tone but him being a charismatic cult leader who is a charlatan might help flesh out the Hand if they ever give them another shot.

EDIT- Blindspot is what a Daredevil legacy character should be if you wanted to give him one. I'd go so far as to say he is what the modern legacy characters should be. Im hoping he gets a spotlight outside of Daredevil in the comics.

Tvtropes had a theory about Guardian Devil being Mike Murdock that i thought was interesting.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-23-2018 at 07:46 AM.

TenFingers would be the best way to bring over Sam from Iron Fist. Hes already a little older though, so they'd have to change some things.

Soule didn't want to leave the book.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...-to-star-wars/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's some bullsh!t if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I suspected as much.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-23-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Mighty Member

Warning, this post contains incidental spoilers for DD S3, now on Netflix. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Mr Fear certainly seems a popular choice. I've seen a number of people say they want to see him as a villain in Daredevil. I feel like the showrunners would probably pick the Larry Cranston version of the character if they used him.
    I would love it if they used the Cranston version of Mr. Fear as a villain. I think he could definitely fit the Netflix MCU style and tone. I'd be curious to see how they handled something like that. I think he's probably my second choice for a villain.

I know it isn't likely to happen (what showrunner would want to pick up threads from somebody else's show if they don't have to?), but I would absolutely love to see them bring Typhoid Mary over from Iron Fist. Have Fisk hire the Walker persona to be Vanessa's bodyguard now that he's in prison. The Mary persona stumbles into Matt and Foggy's office and hijinks ensue (might even be fun to have her hook up with Foggy rather than Matt just to subvert expectations and give old Fog some character stuff to really chew on). And the third persona (I'll call her Typhoid for purposes of this post, just to stick with the convention they've adopted for the character so far) slowly emerges, causing problems.

All while Bullseye returns for revenge on DD and to take another shot at killing Vanessa. You know Typhoid and Bullseye would have so much fun trying to kill each other, and you have all the action potential that comes from having a person with D.I.D. in the mix. Fight starts as DD and Walker allied against Bullseye, but then Typhoid wakes up and the whole thing turns into an every man/woman for themselves brawl with DD forced to fight both and save innocent civilians in the line of fire. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Extraordinary Member

I really did enjoy this season a lot, but as much as I enjoy the show Arrow, you can tell one of the showrunner's previous gigs was on that show. There were just far too many "Yes! We got 'em!" and "Drat! Foiled again!" self-flagellation for the good guys, which (unfortunately) is a staple for many of those CW shows (again, most of which I love. I expect something a little bit different from Marvel's Netflix output, however).

That said, yeah, the fight scenes were pretty great and I love how everyone got a little bit of the spotlight, especially Foggy and Karen. Every scene those two were in were spectacular. Needless to say, Cox and D'onofrio delivered and then some. You could actually feel how much their two characters really hated each other.

I really do hope they bring in an additional nemesis to Bullseye next season, though. IDK, he just doesn't seem to be the type of villain who can carry a season all on his own.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be cool to see the Owl or Mr.Fear in a future season.

Bullseye should come back but i dont think he should be the main threat.

It would be interesting to see them try out TenFingers. He might too over the top for the Netflix tone but him being a charismatic cult leader who is a charlatan might help flesh out the Hand if they ever give them another shot.

EDIT- Blindspot is what a Daredevil legacy character should be if you wanted to give him one. I'd go so far as to say he is what the modern legacy characters should be. Im hoping he gets a spotlight outside of Daredevil in the comics.

Tvtropes had a theory about Guardian Devil being Mike Murdock that i thought was interesting.
    The Owl appeared in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Only not officially as "The Owl." And he's dead as a doornail.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Technically that was his father. DeKnight mentioned it in the Ign Spoilercast.