Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I just looked at the photo in there of the covers curling up. My god. That thing would bother me a lot more than the spine issue.
    For what it's worth, my cover seems perfectly fine. The spine issue seems near universal, the weird use of a different type of paper halfway through the book seems universal, and the printing error where the table of contents lists a completely wrong issue number seems universal, but I have no issues with the cover. The cover material is thin and I honestly think it's safer to use the original floppy issues because this book could damage more easily, but it's flat on a table right now and I have no issues.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Where’s that DD 607 preview?!?! >:/

Yes!!!! Daredevil 607 preview is up and it’s awesome and Noto’s art is breathtaking and next Wednesday really needs to get here posthaste!!

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-607/
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-16-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Kinda weird that worries of this book's sales are being brought up just around the time I'm finally beginning to enjoy it.

That said, I woud love to see what someone like Tom King could bring to this book. His Batman and Mr. Miracle are absolutely fantastic. OMG, then get Lee Weeks on art? DD dream team, right there.
    To get Lee Weeks on a lengthy run of Daredevil would be very very cool. He's a great artist. His 3-issue story Angels Unaware from the DD Dark Nights Anthology is wonderful. My favourite Daredevil story.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I just looked at the photo in there of the covers curling up. My god. That thing would bother me a lot more than the spine issue.

For fun I just did some comparing on those issues between IST and BD and yes IST came out just a tiny bit cheaper even with that big shipping fee. Next time I will place an order on new books I will compare prices between those two before buying. Long shipping times isn't really an issue for me if I can get it cheaper.
    Remember, if you need to check out the shipping costs on IST, you need to sign in (doesn't cost anything except your time ). Once you start putting things in your cart, the shipping costs will alter. The first item always has a surprisingly high cost of around $20-30 but then the price "evens" out as you add further items.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    To get Lee Weeks on a lengthy run of Daredevil would be very very cool. He's a great artist. His 3-issue story Angels Unaware from the DD Dark Nights Anthology is wonderful. My favourite Daredevil story.
    His and Elizabeth Breitweiser’s art on the recently concluded Batman arc Cold Days is stunning.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-17-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    His and Elizabeth Breitweiser’s art on the recently concluded Batman arc Cold Days is stunning.
    Yes, absolutely. Impressive stuff.

Daredevil by Michael Lark:

DAREDEVIL ANNUAL #1 IGComicstore Variant by Gabriele Dell'Otto:

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Yes!!!! Daredevil 607 preview is up and it’s awesome and Noto’s art is breathtaking and next Wednesday really needs to get here posthaste!!

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-607/
    Looks great. Love how the panels are set up

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Kinda weird that worries of this book's sales are being brought up just around the time I'm finally beginning to enjoy it.

That said, I woud love to see what someone like Tom King could bring to this book. His Batman and Mr. Miracle are absolutely fantastic. OMG, then get Lee Weeks on art? DD dream team, right there.
    Subtract Tom King and add Elizabeth Breitweiser to that equation and I’m with you.

Astonishing Member

With a few hiccups, for the most part I've really enjoyed King's run on Batman since "I am Suicide." That and his Bane story along proves to me that he can do a pretty great DD run (not to mention the current courtroom drama with the latest arc). As for his MM book, I literally tell myself that I'm going to drop it every month because I'm currently picking up more books than I'm actually reading, but every time the book comes out it just sucks me back in.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

DAREDEVIL and MISTY KNIGHT: YEAR ONE-ON-ONE
    https://www.newsarama.com/41431-dare...arly-runs.html

This may be a pass for me. That wasn’t great. They’re using that lame Devil Of Hells Kitchen moniker from that show that I abhor and Misty feels repulsively out of character, to put it nicely. The art isn’t bad, though.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-18-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This is Misty earlier than we've ever seen her before (before her first appearances in Iron Fist and all that), so it's hard to judge her later appearances based on that. That being said, her first interaction with Iron Fist wasn't much different. She treated him with suspicion and attacked him.

Anyway, it's hard to say what to think based on the little we've seen. I do like the idea of bringing a New York experience - particularly of a New York from the less gentrified days. Obviously, the Hell's Kitchen of today's New York isn't the Hell's Kitchen of the 70s and 80s.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Congratulations Matt Murdock on your win...

https://pinedaleroundup.com/article/...s-join-council

With the ballots counted from the May 8 Pinedale municipal election, council member Matt Murdock moves into the mayor’s seat and John Paravicini and Dean Loftus will take their new seats on the city council.