Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Default Matt Murdock: Daredevil Appreciation 2018

Time to start a new thread dedicated to the Sightless Swashbuckler, the Man Without Fear, the one, the only Daredevil!

Daredevil_Vol_1_304.jpg
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ol' Hornhead! My favorite super hero. And always one of the most consistent ongoing comics in art and writing.

daredevil-25-ron-garney-cover.jpg
    Last edited by cc008; 08-05-2018 at 07:56 AM.

My favorite marvel hero! I look forward to continuing many great conversations in this new thread. You fellow hornheads are the best!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Never post much but I do love following this thread. Old horn head is a staple in the Marvel Universe and I love reading his older adventures! Can't wait to see what comes next.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

To me, Matt is the ultimate street level hero. Spider-Man tends to escalate into the wild and crazy world of the Avengers and extraordinary every now and then. But New York and Hell's Kitchen has DD written all over it.
    Last edited by cc008; 08-05-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Nanashi's last post in the old thread is worth reposting because they're gorgeous... all of Noto's upcoming covers:

https://twitter.com/manwithoutfear/s...093422593?s=21

One of the greatest Marvel characters there is.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For some reason, as a kid in the early 1980s, I decided that Daredevil would be my favourite hero and he has remained so to this day. Let's hear it for Matthew Michael Murdock.

Last edited by Nanashi; 08-31-2018 at 09:15 PM.

To me, there is no hero in comics that is more inspiring than Matt. Despite all the loss he's experienced and the hardship he's had to endure, he won't give up. He wants to make his city a better place. Yet he is flawed like all of us, he's a walking contradiction. I look forward to continuing the great conversation with you all!

Came to post this as well. it's gorgeous.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

For anyone interested in past Daredevil creators, Ann Nocenti and David Aja just launched the first issue of a new series, The Seeds. They previously collaborated on that really memorable Daredevil/Bullseye back-up story in issue #500, and an illustrated prose story in Daredevil Black and White. (Aja also contributed to another couple Brubaker issues.)

I'm really interested in The Seeds, mostly since I was concerned that Nocenti was losing her touch after her stint on Catwoman. It's very interesting so far, I'd recommend it if you happen to like Nocenti's offbeat, socially-conscious writing style or Aja's art.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

What was everybody's first Daredevil comic purchase? Mine was Daredevil #177 back in 1981. It was quite a "heavy" read for a kid back then. I didn't know who Frank Miller was and only much later as an adult (when I got back into comics after a 25 year hiatus) did I appreciate his work. Frank Miller's and Klaus Janson's stint on Daredevil became my favourite DD run.

Astonishing Member

Still love Daredevil: Season One. Favourite thing in the whole MCU.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    For anyone interested in past Daredevil creators, Ann Nocenti and David Aja just launched the first issue of a new series, The Seeds. They previously collaborated on that really memorable Daredevil/Bullseye back-up story in issue #500, and an illustrated prose story in Daredevil Black and White. (Aja also contributed to another couple Brubaker issues.)

I'm really interested in The Seeds, mostly since I was concerned that Nocenti was losing her touch after her stint on Catwoman. It's very interesting so far, I'd recommend it if you happen to like Nocenti's offbeat, socially-conscious writing style or Aja's art.
    I'm glad to hear the recommendation. I made a note to look to buy the trade when it comes out. I love Nocenti's work on Daredevil and I think a strong collaborator can possibly help. I liked the backup in #500. I had no idea that was Aja.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What was everybody's first Daredevil comic purchase?
    I came to reading comics fairly late so the first comic I bought was in trade - specifically The Man Without Fear. I think the first back issue I bought as a floppy was Daredevil #146. #191 is one of my favorite issues and I was fascinated by the references to the fight between Daredevil and Bullseye on TV so I wanted to seek out that issue and see what it was like.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?