Page 60 of 103 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Well i was really thinking towards how much they try to exaggerate Karen's background and even showed her past regarding her brother's death . Does Karen have similar background with her comic counter-part? .

Compared to those earlier in the season that were utterly jaw-dropping, that final fight was pretty awkward and underwhelming and consequently quite disappointing. It’s also really disappointing that there was never a Bullseye suit or name drop and there wasn’t a final all out one on one between Bullseye and DD. It was also reckless to have DD lead Bullseye to Kingpin at an event where so many people could get in the crossfire of their conflic including Vanessa who DD has to have certain would have been a primary target for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-20-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Compared to those earlier in the season that were utterly jaw-dropping, that final fight was pretty awkward and underwhelming and consequently quite disappointing. It’s also really disappointing that there was never a Bullseye suit or name drop and there wasn’t a final all out one on one between Bullseye and DD. It was also reckless to have DD lead Bullseye to Kingpin at an event where so many people could get in the crossfire of their conflic including Vanessa who DD has to have certain would have been a primary target for obvious reasons.
    DD has been reckless the entire season. He was still reckless even towards the end. I figured he didn't worry about Bullseye potential casualties because it was Fisk's guest list is likely just as bad as he is. He was there to kill him after all.

I'm very curious to who's going to be the main villain to Daredevil Season 4. As great of an adversary to Daredevil as he is, I would imagine they would give Fisk a break. Dex becoming a full fledged Bullseye seems like the obvious choice but I still can't help but feel like they may go with an additional villain to intertwine with that. Even though he doesn't necessarily have a vast rogues gallery, Daredevil still has a solid rogues gallery. I would love to see an underrated Daredevil villain like Mr. Fear brought to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I'm very curious to who's going to be the main villain to Daredevil Season 4. As great of an adversary to Daredevil as he is, I would imagine they would give Fisk a break. Dex becoming a full fledged Bullseye seems like the obvious choice but I still can't help but feel like they may go with an additional villain to intertwine with that. Even though he doesn't necessarily have a vast rogues gallery, Daredevil still has a solid rogues gallery. I would love to see an underrated Daredevil villain like Mr. Fear brought to the forefront.
    If the show does come back, yes, they should most definitely rest Kingpin. Mr. Fear would be good in addition to a returning Bullseye.

This season was basically a slow-burn Bullseye origin story. He'll be full on Bullseye next season.

‘Daredevil’ Season 3 Star Wilson Bethel Promises Comic Book Bullseye is Coming - https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...ersion-coming/
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    Melvin ain't coming back. His corpse was in the freezer where Bullseye found Juile's body
    end of spoilers
    You sure? I haven't heard anyone talking about this.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

If the show does come back, yes, they should most definitely rest Kingpin. Mr. Fear would be good in addition to a returning Bullseye.
    Dont forget Vanessa, Using Mrs Fisk would be a change from Wilson coming back, spoilers:
    plus she was shown this season to be far more deadly than he is
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Finished this morning. Incredible season. Best, even. Satisfying for so many different reasons. The single-shot fight scenes were crafted so well. Every character had a purpose for being there. Daredevil and Punisher are heads and tails above the other Marvel Netflix shows in my opinion.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hope season 4 will finally give us Stilt Man.

DD has been reckless the entire season. He was still reckless even towards the end. I figured he didn't worry about Bullseye potential casualties because it was Fisk's guest list is likely just as bad as he is. He was there to kill him after all.
    He did it because he knew that Bullseye could get him through the elevated security. He sent Bullseye in so he could follow him through, Matt wasn't getting in otherwise. Was it reckless? Sure, but on short notice it was probably the only way.

I finished seeing it yesterday and thought it was awesome. The deal between Fisk and Matt was probably the best way the season was gonna end. It does offer new story opportunities as Matt might begrudgingly protect Fisk or Vanessa in order to keep Foggy and Karen safe. Steven DeKnight did talk about adapting the Return of The King storyline where Fisk and Matt work together to stop the Hand so that could be a good story to see.

I'm not crazy familiar with all of the Daredevil comics, but doesn't that deal have a basis in the comics? I recall at the beginning on Bendis' run, Kingpin had Matt Murdock off limits with his crew despite knowing that he's Daredevil.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Guys, I've been avoiding this thread for a couple days now because people are talking about spoilers without spoiler code. Please use [ spoil ] [ /spoil ] without the spaces.

My non-spoiler thoughts are pretty straight-forward - I loved it! This might be my favorite season. I genuinely think the season three showrunner gets the character even better than the first two seasons. Even if I didn't necessarily want the show to go where it did some times, I was never disappointed with the result.

spoilers:
    Melvin ain't coming back. His corpse was in the freezer where Bullseye found Juile's body
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No it wasn't. Those were the guys who had her killed. Fisk specifically said to leave Melvin alone and specifically said that those individuals were to be killed. The fact that two people killed Julie and there were two of them kind of clues you in.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm not crazy familiar with all of the Daredevil comics, but doesn't that deal have a basis in the comics? I recall at the beginning on Bendis' run, Kingpin had Matt Murdock off limits with his crew despite knowing that he's Daredevil.
    end of spoilers
    Kinda...

spoilers:
    There was never an explicit deal like that in the comics. Fisk wanted Murdock off limits because he thought it gave him power over the situation. Bendis's revelation was that everyone else found out about it too and they thought it made Fisk weak. In reality, the Kingpin of the comics was generally above petty gangster stuff like that. He wanted to break Matt Murdock not kill him or his loved ones. I think his love of Vanessa really made him think that family was off limits. Plus, he often took the position that Daredevil was useful to him because fear of Daredevil kept other criminals subservient to Fisk.

I'll also add that the Kingpin was weakened after Born Again, but he made one other attempt to ruin Matt's life with Typhoid Mary. After that, he fell from power in issue #300 and was essentially out of the picture for the rest of Volume 1. In Volume 2, he came back in the picture with Parts of a Hole and took a similar shot at Matt again. Once again, he wants to ruin Matt psychologically, not kill him.

The "deal" as it existed in the comics was a smaller scale deal before he found out Matt's identity. Basically, Vanessa went missing after other gangs took a hit out on her. At the same time, a corrupt candidate for Mayor just won the election. Daredevil had that man resign in exchange for turning Vanessa over to Fisk.
    end of spoilers

I put your question in spoiler code to once again try and cut down on spoilers. Let's at least give people a week to watch the show.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

SPOILERS

All right! Although not quite perfect, Daredevil season three is effortlessly the best superhero show made to date. All the returning and new characters were very well done (with exception to Karen and Foggy), Kingpin especially. It’s only here that he finally began to feel like the threat he’s been toured as over the course of the three seasons. It’s only I began to actually hope fe falls abd falls hard for some things he has done abd he minipulated his way back into power. As opposed the embarrassing petulant child he’s been portrayed as before, here he felt intimidating and dangerous and powerful. THIS is the Kingpin. Bullseye is another who had some really good time and attention put into his character to make him as sympathetic and compelling as he was deadly. They really did a good job empathizing as not someone who just evil to be evil, but as someone in need of honest guidance abd unfortunately found in not the best person. I’m excited for his return should there be more seasons. Sister Maggie is another stand out. I did like her very stoic, no nonsense, hard truths approach to trying help Matt recover and find himself again.

Daredevil himself was good here, too. The best he’s ever been. The return to black helped with that a lot. He did take some time to recover but I didn’t mind it. I liked watching him regain his abilities and return to form. The scene where he cleared his sinuses and the sensitivity of his touch is depicted by having him feel the most subtle vibrations through the mirror was incredible. Besides his sense of hearing, this show doesn’t often delve into how his powers work or make use of them in many interesting ways like comics do so well so that was a really nice touch to show just how superhuman he really is. And unlike last season, I am glad they actually know how his powers work.

And, of course, there is the absolutely stellar action throughout this season that nearly rivals The Raid. With great exception to the final fight, the choreography was some of the best I’ve ever watched anywhere with that first DD vs Bullseye fight an easy highlight as is the garage fight where DD stealthily takes out all the FBI agents. All this not to mention the prison scene which has to be some kind of filming feat. A lot of the takes on the fights were appreciatively lengthy with very few cuts and were executed to nigh perfection. I was stunned at how good it almost all of it was. All this not to mention the excellent music/score.

Conversely, by and large the worst part of this season, and the previous two for that matter, were Karen and Foggys storylines. They are worthless. Because they were so unbearable during the first half, I skipped all their scene for the entire second half of the season and missed nothing while the shows pace and quality improved exponentially. It’s clear their scenes are meant to do nothing more than pad the run time. Their contributions to the overall story are nil and a painful waste of time and resources and effort that should have been spent elsewhere such as on Bullseye to finally get him in his suit or to follow up Melvin and just have him finally go full on Gladiator or Vanessa who seems to have only arrived when everything was ending and she was beginning to dive into Kingpins world. So much more could have done with time wasted on the least interesting characters who had the least to do with anything. One of the earliest scenes that’s an exception to this, however, is Matt and Karen’s conversation in Matts apartment after Matt reveales himself as DD to her. Credit where it’s due. That was good.

All in all, awesome season. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would despite how excited I already was. I had a blast.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-21-2018 at 01:16 PM.