Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Ah man. I hope this is the story Soule wants to tell.
    I have a feeling those sales numbers have something to with it. I do hope that’s not the case though and this is the natural course of his run.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-21-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    For that relaunch with a new #1, of course.
    I can see a relaunch but not killing Matt
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I can see a relaunch but not killing Matt
    I think that’s unlikely but we yet have the story.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

A new creative team is really overdue for Daredevil.

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    A new creative team is really overdue for Daredevil.

Looking forward to it.
    I couldn't disagree more.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    And on the flip side, I would rank it right up there with Miller, Bendis, and Bru. 8/10
    I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. His is probably my 5th favorite overall run with Bendis, Waid, Miller, Brubaker being ahead of him. The main critique I would have is that, particularly early on, the art was inconsistent and I wasn't a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. His is probably my 5th favorite overall run with Bendis, Waid, Miller, Brubaker being ahead of him. The main critique I would have is that, particularly early on, the art was inconsistent and I wasn't a fan.
    Garney, really? I'd agree with you but not about the art early on. The art during the Supreme arc made me seriously consider skipping the arc. But other than that the art has been gorgeous.

I didn’t mind the art on the Supreme arc so much.

I get the pun here but if he’s serious it really shows.

https://twitter.com/charlessoule/sta...890620416?s=21

Soule on the end of his Daredevil run.

https://mailchi.mp/6c252cc9c2a4/char...018-newsletter
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-21-2018 at 08:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I agree about the 7.5. Soule's run was...good. At times, really good. But I don't think it ever rose to truly great heights.

Soule's too solid of a craftsman to turn in bad work so his DD run always had a dependable level of quality. It just, for me, lacked any real fire.

Whatever heat this run had came from his artistic collaborators. It sounds like you didn't care for the art early on but the Garney issues for me were some of my favorites. I think Garney really upped his (already great) game and poured his heart into his DD pages.

As for who's writing DD next...hmm. First of all, it's obvious that there will be another volume very soon. At best we'll have to wait until Marvel Knights is over but definitely no longer than that.

I wonder if Gerry Duggan will be stepping in. He's mentioned he has two unannounced books post-Infinity Wars. Maybe DD is one of those. I can definitely see him being a fan and also delivering a very good DD run. Donny Cates? Maaaaybe. He is spearheading Marvel Knights, after all, so it wouldn't be too shocking for him to segueway into a relaunched DD after that. I heard a rumor somewhere that Matthew Rosenberg would be the next writer but I don't know. He's definitely killing it on Punisher so I bet he'd crush it on DD too but I kind of feel he's going to be too busy with Punisher and X-Men.

Whoever it is, hopefully we'll get the scoop when NYCC rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Well I mean Fisk is already the main Villain for Death of Daredevil, and since you cant keep a popular character down, the Devil has to return to Hells Kitchen at some point, may as well do a repeat performance of the last time: So, Who’s gonna tell Fisk Matt’s Identity this time?
    It’s doubtful, I believe, that his secret ID will be outed again so soon after it was so recently concealed in the amazing Identity arc.

Guys, sorry to break into the thread, but I'm trying to start reading about Daredevil, and I don't know where to start... Can someone please help me? Which books are the best? Many thanks!

Im glad Soule is moving on. I inadvertently dropped his run with the Legacy renumbering. Thats how much of an impression it made on me.

BANNED

Yes! Thanks god. Finally! Charles Soule will leave the title, even leaving behind a trail of blood.

Goodbye, Charles Soule. Thanks for... nothing.