Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1544

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    That pose, the huge medieval sword, the glowing eyes? UGH! He's the only character on that entire poster not like their normal selves and I don't like those changes to him. My concern is DD there may be an extension of what's happening in the main title and since he's the ONLY character on that entire poster with such noticeable (and lame) changes I have a feeling he may be like that in the main DD title by Zdarsky. Now, if every or most of the characters there had giant medieval swords and glowing eyes and in an awkward pose I'd think that had something to do specifically with the event but DD is only one not like his usual self. And in addition to the title of the current arc and solits for the Man Without Fear weekly series in January, that leads to me to thinking that may not be Matt and that leads to me to thinking I'm not going to enjoy DD in months to come, for it's not the suite that makes Daredevil, it's Matt Murdock. And if he's not in the suite, I couldn't care less. And then, as you mention, the possibility of DD more often getting pulled into major events. But this is all guesswork. I'll of course give the relaunch a chance despite what that pic implies but I've become more concerned than excited.
    I understand your concerns but to me, there's nothing to worry about until there's seriously something to worry about. That's just a teaser image for a Thor-based event. We're getting a new ongoing with an AWESOME creative team and all we know so far is that he'll be involved in this story somehow. More on this below.

Saw this. Very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Him having Heimdall's sword and super senses is just for the event, like Steve's Pegasus.
    And here's below. Daredevil taking a Heimdall role for an event like this is something that I am extremely interested in. If that's even the case. It could just be a fun reference for the image.
    Last edited by cc008; 11-17-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hmmm, Daredevil was wielding a sword in Doctor Strange #21 (-#24) when he and others were assisting Strange against Baron Mordo and the Darkforce during a Secret Empire tie-in. Not sure where he picked it up from. He mentioned something about having "this eternal blade in a safe deposit box for years and years". Any ideas?
    Here is what i was talking about - a few pics from Dr Strange #21 from last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Him having Heimdall's sword and super senses is just for the event, like Steve's Pegasus.
    Ah! I missed Steve on the Pegasus. Hopefully this is all event specific then.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I understand your concerns but to me, there's nothing to worry about until there's seriously something to worry about. That's just a teaser image for a Thor-based event. We're getting a new ongoing with an AWESOME creative team and all we know so far is that he'll be involved in this story somehow. More on this below.

Saw this. Very exciting.

And here's below. Daredevil taking a Heimdall role for an event like this is something that I am extremely interested in. If that's even the case. It could just be a fun reference for the image.
    All right. If he’s playing a Heimdal role there that would explain the glowing eyes and the giant sword. I only hope Zdarsky’s DD stays as far away from all that as possible.

The Zdarsky announcement gave me a feeling of the Waid/Samnee run so I wonder if they are gonna take a few pages from them. Or try to do a darker/grounded tone than what he's normally does.

Daredevil had a fun role in his Star-lord series so I'm curious if he's gonna play with that here.

The War of the realms teaser looks fun. I always wanted to do a crossover between Daredevil and Valkryie so I'm curious if that might happened here. Valkryies were tasked with transporting fallen warriors to Valhalla and Matt's gonna die in a fight to me so it felt like an interesting pairing to do.

This might be controversial but I wouldn't mind if Daredevil dated a superheroine rather than trying a new civilian love interest. Given his history and what happened to Karen/Milla it just feels more responsible.

I can't see a book with Checchetto on art having a 'lighter' tone.. they just don't jive well to me. You have my attention with the Daredevil/Valkyrie crossover/pairing though!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Just read the new issue. Enjoyed it. And, having read it, I see that Mike's suggestion is spot-on. If the conclusion goes in any other direction than that, I'll be shocked.
    Absolutely loved the latest issue #611. A great piece of writing by Soule and typically it coincides with the confirmation that he is off the book.

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    Absolutely loved the latest issue #611. A great piece of writing by Soule and typically it coincides with the confirmation that he is off the book.
    I finally got to read it as well. I thought it was the best of the arc so far.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Zdarsky announcement gave me a feeling of the Waid/Samnee run so I wonder if they are gonna take a few pages from them. Or try to do a darker/grounded tone than what he's normally does.

Daredevil had a fun role in his Star-lord series so I'm curious if he's gonna play with that here.

The War of the realms teaser looks fun. I always wanted to do a crossover between Daredevil and Valkryie so I'm curious if that might happened here. Valkryies were tasked with transporting fallen warriors to Valhalla and Matt's gonna die in a fight to me so it felt like an interesting pairing to do.

This might be controversial but I wouldn't mind if Daredevil dated a superheroine rather than trying a new civilian love interest. Given his history and what happened to Karen/Milla it just feels more responsible.
    She’s not exactly a superhero but he did have a brief fling with Black Cat. I thought they were really fun together and played off each other so well.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I read Zdarsky's Star-Lord because of Daredevil's involvement. It was pretty good and suits the current humour filled direction of Quill and the Guardians in general. It did also touch on some deeper emotional issues and there was a decent appearance of Old Man Logan. However, it still had the jokey light hearted approach which I would prefer not to see in Daredevil. I think Checchetto on art will help to give it a more serious feel.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I can't see a book with Checchetto on art having a 'lighter' tone.. they just don't jive well to me. You have my attention with the Daredevil/Valkyrie crossover/pairing though!
    It's out of the left field but I thought it was an interesting idea.

She’s not exactly a superhero but he did have a brief fling with Black Cat. I thought they were really fun together and played off each other so well.
    Maybe they could play with that more in a future run?

It's out of the left field but I thought it was an interesting idea.

Maybe they could play with that more in a future run?
    I was hoping Soule would bring it back but with the secret identity reset it may not have made sense anyway.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-17-2018 at 09:28 PM.

I was hoping Soule would bring it back but with the secret identity reset it may not have made sense anyway.
    Felicia's never been too interested in the actual identity. She usually prefers the mask. So her not caring about DD/Spidey's day job is in line with her character.

The bigger issue is her being Queenpin.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I read Zdarsky's Star-Lord because of Daredevil's involvement. It was pretty good and suits the current humour filled direction of Quill and the Guardians in general. It did also touch on some deeper emotional issues and there was a decent appearance of Old Man Logan. However, it still had the jokey light hearted approach which I would prefer not to see in Daredevil. I think Checchetto on art will help to give it a more serious feel.
    Daredevil appeared in Zdarsky’s Star Lord run? Well I have to check this out now!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Solicit for Zdarsky's first TPB!

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302914981/

Daredevil By Chip Zdarsky Vol. 1
    By: Chip Zdarsky

ISBN: 9781302914981
    Publisher: Marvel
    Imprint: Marvel
    On Sale: July 30, 2019
    Format: TRADE PAPERBACK
    Edition: N/A
    Price: $17.99 ($23.99 In Canada)
    Category: COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS
    Territories:
    Size:
    Pages: 136
    Unit Weight: 0Carton Weight: 0Carton Qty: Country Of Origin: USASubstitute ISBN: EAN: 9781302914981
    Description: Matt Murdock has clawed his way through physical therapy, but his near death experience that nearly left him crippled has left its mark on him. Reacquainted with pain and fear, the devil is back in hell's kitchen, but is the man who returned to the rooftops the same man who fell off them? Find out, in CHIP ZDARSKY'S new era of DAREDEVIL!

COLLECTING: DAREDEVIL 1-6
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman