Page 50 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Beautiful work by Noto

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Beautiful work by Noto
    Most certainly.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m in a Facebook group celebrating the second 25 years of Marvel (‘87-‘12), and one of the posters just did a run down year by year for Daredevil, and I noticed he never got pulled into any big events, with Onslaught being the most glaring omission. I wonder why that was.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m in a Facebook group celebrating the second 25 years of Marvel (‘87-‘12), and one of the posters just did a run down year by year for Daredevil, and I noticed he never got pulled into any big events, with Onslaught being the most glaring omission. I wonder why that was.
    In the long run he was probably just lucky :P

Although I really do wish he had been in Secret Wars. Especially since he got a figure in the toy line. The bio card was my first introduction to Daredevil.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    The years you said kind of skew that a bit. Ann Nocenti was the editor of the X-Books so he had crossovers there. During the D.G. Chichester era, they had smaller crossovers he was a part of. Here is the list of crossover events. The era of the summer crossover event pretty much started with the X-Men books, which is why Nocenti is relevant.

1986 - Mutant Massacre - Daredevil #238 is a particularly weird tie-in that takes place just after the main events.
    1988 - Fall of the Mutants - Daredevil #252 (Ground Zero) takes place during Apocalypse's attack on New York and is an absolutely wonderful story.
    **Skipped Evolutionary War - A crossover between Annuals where the High Evolutionary doe some arbitrary stuff.
    1988-89 - Inferno - Daredevil #262-263, 265 all take place during the event and Daredevil famously fights a vacuum cleaner.
    1989 - Atlantis Attacks - Daredevil Annual that was part of this story - along with the Punisher and Spider-Man dealing with a cult that turns people into snake men.
    1989-90 - Acts of Vengeance - Daredevil #275-276 - This event was basically heroes fighting villains they normally didn't so he fought Ultron.

Once you hit the 90s, Daredevil does skip crossover events for the most part, but he did have two noteworthy ones.

1992 - Daredevil #307-309 was part of the Dead Man's Hand crossover between Daredevil, Punisher, and Nomad.
    1992 - Infinity War - Daredevil #310 is a tie-in there.

There's a very good reason for Daredevil to skip Onslaught. For the most part, it was a crossover between the X-Books and books that were getting relaunched as Heroes Reborn. Daredevil can't be there because they would have to justify why he didn't die with everyone else.

That being said, after that, there's a conscious effort for DD to avoid events. Civil War takes place during Ed Brubaker's run. Brubaker went out of his way to avoid the event by having Daredevil go to Europe. The Daredevil in Civil War was supposed to be Danny Rand. Oddly enough, Matt Murdock seems to clearly appear in the event at one point. IIRC, the prelude to Secret Invasion was referenced with Elektra being a Skrull, but they avoided everything else. I think that precedent of keeping Daredevil out of events was set during the Bendis and Brubaker eras but, of course, there is a notable exception with Shadowland.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 10-11-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil had a tie-in issue for Secret Wars II where he encounteted the Beyonder - Daredevil #223

@Mike_Murdock, Daredevil #310 is not a tie-in for Inferno but for Infinity War.

There were also various oneshots for the Dark Reign period all titled The List. Daredevil had his - Daredevil: The List #1.

During Original Sin, Daredevil (Vol 4) #6-7 were tie-ins.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 10-11-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Although I really do wish he had been in Secret Wars. Especially since he got a figure in the toy line. The bio card was my first introduction to Daredevil.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm glad Daredevil wasn't directly involved in the major events.

With regards to Secret Wars, he was originally intended to take part but they pulled him out as Mattel wasn’t interested in making a toy of him. More info. can be found here.

Yep!!!!! Thankfully.

Just over a week to go!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil had a tie-in issue for Secret Wars II where he encounteted the Beyonder - Daredevil #223

@Mike_Murdock, Daredevil #310 is not a tie-in for Inferno but for Infinity War.
    Yep, those are both right. I fixed my post on Infinity War because that's what I meant.

There were also various oneshots for the Dark Reign period all titled The List. Daredevil had his - Daredevil: The List #1.

During Original Sin, Daredevil (Vol 4) #6-7 were tie-ins.
    Good point on those.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Well, I feel dumb not even realizing all those event issues I missed
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That being said, after that, there's a conscious effort for DD to avoid events. Civil War takes place during Ed Brubaker's run. Brubaker went out of his way to avoid the event by having Daredevil go to Europe. The Daredevil in Civil War was supposed to be Danny Rand. Oddly enough, Matt Murdock seems to clearly appear in the event at one point.
    I remember when that was all going on. Although I'm pretty sure Ben Grimm went to Europe and Matt was still in Prison.

Regardless as for Civil War, I in no way ascribe to that being Danny. I see it as a continuity error. Matt was in Jail and the 'other Daredevil' was jumping around at the time it was written... But none of that was every addressed in the Civil War book. When you read it 20 years later... Daredevil is Daredevil. He moves like Daredevii. Talks like Daredevil. When he takes off the mask and the heroes are walking around and in diners... he's got the red hair and glasses... It was totally written as Matt all day long. And frankly that was only one of many MANY things that Civil War got wrong with characters and personalities... Nothing about that story ever even hints that it's really Iron Fist under the mask.... Except for what was going on in a different book that wasn't tied in at all. There wasn't even any civil war tie-ins with Daredevil's book..

So if you're looking for a company wide event that includes Daredevil... Civil War would still count. As would I SUPPOSE Infinity War and I THINK Infinity Crusade. Though IW showed Wolverine with a better sense of smell than Daredevil (which was CRAP!!) and he SHOULD have been in Crusade as one of the most religious characters at Marvel.... but Crusade sucked so I never finished it... or really remember the first 3-4 issues... but I assume he was in there :P

the embargo is lifted. Reviews are in. I have read 2 so far, one good, one mixed. None of them were really insightful nor particularly interesting.

I remember when that was all going on. Although I'm pretty sure Ben Grimm went to Europe and Matt was still in Prison.

Regardless as for Civil War, I in no way ascribe to that being Danny. I see it as a continuity error. Matt was in Jail and the 'other Daredevil' was jumping around at the time it was written... But none of that was every addressed in the Civil War book. When you read it 20 years later... Daredevil is Daredevil. He moves like Daredevii. Talks like Daredevil. When he takes off the mask and the heroes are walking around and in diners... he's got the red hair and glasses... It was totally written as Matt all day long. And frankly that was only one of many MANY things that Civil War got wrong with characters and personalities... Nothing about that story ever even hints that it's really Iron Fist under the mask.... Except for what was going on in a different book that wasn't tied in at all. There wasn't even any civil war tie-ins with Daredevil's book..

So if you're looking for a company wide event that includes Daredevil... Civil War would still count.
    That's pretty much how I also saw Daredevil in Civil War i.e. in jail with Danny masquerading as DD but then I couldn't figure out what Matt was doing in the diner with the others. The best option is how you put it- it's all Matt and Millar totally messed up on continuity.